Richard Dimitri and "The Shredder™" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have something to say

Ok, conversation over, come back when you have something to say, asshole.
    lol, thats great.

I like that, come on, flame, give no reasonable arguments besides "i hear he failed grappling, then became elite street warrior"

Then leave the second a person responds in the same manner you do.

very good. Make it seem like your the 'bigger man' for ending it when people stop making valid arguments... when really, you never made one valid argument the whole time!

well, at least you know when to quit ;)

Comment

DRD - yo're right. A momentary lapse on my part. I apologise to the more mature and reasonable posters here, of which ther are many.

Kingston - you're spot on bud. I do not classify myself as a Senshido student at all, though do openly acknowledge that I use an increasing amount of their stuff into my own ways.

HAPKO3 - wrong forum mate. I'm waiting.

Comment

Kingston: I do not have any loyalty to any range. Most of my expereince and all of my fights are in western boxing. I am a much more proficient striker than I am a grappler. However, I do have my eyes open, and I know enough about fighting to be able to tell that Mr. Dimitri is misleading people into a false sense of security.

The type of training that he advocates (face masks, excessive padding, etc) has some virtue for those people that do not what to invest the pain and sweat into more realistic training, and I am sure it has some benefits. As I said in a previous post, I do feel that Mr. Dimitry is probably a hell of a lot better than you run-of-the-mill strip mall McDojo. However, I take a lot of exception to his continuous shit talking about the MMA and grappling community. The fact is that most of the poeple he puts down would demolish him or his students, and he knows this. He knowingly fools people into believing that his system will teach them self defence skills superior to MMA, which is simply not true. He also instills his students with a false sense of security about being able to use dirty tactics like "The Shredder" to stop agressive attackers. When push comes to shove, he will get people hurt.

Comment

I miss the bit where you showed us who he has "put down".

Comment

Re: I have something to say

Originally posted by Kingston
            lol, thats great.

I like that, come on, flame, give no reasonable arguments besides "i hear he failed grappling, then became elite street warrior"

Then leave the second a person responds in the same manner you do.

very good. Make it seem like your the 'bigger man' for ending it when people stop making valid arguments... when really, you never made one valid argument the whole time!

well, at least you know when to quit ;)
            I am making a number ov perfectly valid arguments, but he (and you to some extent) are refusing to see them.

In this case, I politely asked what fact he was looking for and was willing to present them. He decided to be insulting.

Comment

I missed the facts.

Comment

and the valid arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by HAPKO3
                  Kingston: Did you notice that your reply to me had nothing whatsoever to do with my post?

No?

Shut the fuck up then, and learn to read English.

No ammount of silly posturing will change the fact that Dimitri is a failed grappler peddling crap to his "street soldiers" because he could not hang with the grapplers.

You, sir, are a tool.
                  HAPKO3 - You forgot about this post when you decided to try and take the moral high ground. :D

Comment

Rich and his students always practice against fully resisting oponents.... the padding is relativly low...

head gear
                    cup
                    elbow and knee pads

The face mask is so we dont break nose, and can do a full for sim shred... use full intensity shredding even if you cant reach his eyes through the glass.

Everything is tested out in scenario's fully resisting oponents, multiples, weapons... trail and error.

He aint putting his students up for UFC.. thats the not the point

There is more to self defenec then simply fighting....

I could give you a number of examples where superior fighters have DIED, because they didn't have the right mindset, or awarness, in otherwords, SD training.

I personaly could care less if i ever win a NHB match, or UFC fight...

Ring vs street, there is a difference... SD is easier to learn in my opinion... and if you do it right, unless you want to compete, is all you need.

Comment

MMA is great. Everyone I have seen at Senshido says it. They say the same about BJJ, Thai Boxing, Boxing etc. And they openly admit training in those methodologies.

Which MMArtists are they bad mouthing? Where? In fact, where have you gone? Hello?

Comment

Originally posted by Bri Thai
                        I miss the bit where you showed us who he has "put down".
                        Ok, that's better.

Here's a start.

You will notice that he is very careful to avoid naming any names, or even claiming that his style is better than, say, BJJ. Why? Because if he did that, he would have BJJ people knocking on his door.

So instead he prefers cowardly masked attacks to the matter of "sure, NHB trainign is good, but they don't fight in lava flows".

He's full of it, and he know is.

My students also train in regular street clothes, no gis, no bare feet and on concrete, no mats.

Although we incorporate boxing and grappling etc. it is always with street in mind. There will be sudden ambushes, they'll 'spar' if you will (mostly scenario replications really) with the lights off, music blaring and strobe light on.

I've sprayed them with pepper spray while they were sparring. They've fought full out in environments such as knee high snow, a staircase, inside an elevator, inside a car, etc. I've had them go full out after drinking a glass full of Vodka (to see how they perform under the influence of alcohol).

Not typical of a MMA environment.

For example, one of my affiliates in NYC trains at a MMA school where he watched the rape prevention class being taught. Women were in gis, barefoot, on mats, working submissions off the guard... how does that even come close to being jumped in an alley, wearing a dress and heels being attacked by a sociopath? It doesn't. Period.

One of my students who is deeply involved into BJJ and MMA now, because he wants to compete, has been training with some of the top MMA and BJJ schools in Montreal. He's won several grappling competitions and is ranked blue belt in BJJ, I believe.

He recently came to a phase 2 class of ours and I told him that I would like to try something.

I told him that he can do anything he wants MMA wise, grapple, strike, submit etc. my students and to give it all he's got, no pulling punches. The only thing I allowed my other students to do against him is the Shredder, nothing more and it had to be simulated because there was no protective equipment. They weren't allowed to box, kick, grapple, use submissions, nothing... nothing but the "Shredder".

It was a massacre. One by one my students mauled him. He even got up and said that it was completely futile and that the "Shredder" completely neutralized everything he was attempting to do... once contact was made, the "Shredder" took over.

He got up after a few attempts and his face was red and scratched up pretty bad and this only through simulation... that's the freaky part, it was only simulation. He wasn't simulating though. He was given the instruction to go at it with everything he had and this guy is a great grappler and great striker to boot.
                        Here's more
                        For example: One of my students, Dave, came to see me for private lessons in grappling, as he was about to enter 2 separate grappling tournaments. I began to train him and as we were going along, he stated that in his division, there were certain submissions that were not permitted. He also stated that there was a time limit and that one could win on points. Well these 2 particular 'rules' changed the dynamics of his training. No longer could he train certain holds and finishers but we also had to train him to win on points by establishing certain positions in case he got tired or was facing a better grappler.

This type of training is extremely counter productive to surviving a real fight. After a few weeks of strictly training in grappling, my student began to develop bad habits in the group classes.
                        And more

Don't get me wrong though, I would put my money on Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture or Frank Shamrock any day of the week in a street fight but how many Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture or Frank Shamrock's do you know? Regardless of how hard your mother trains, she will never acquire the skills, strength or stamina that any of these pros have, even if she quit her job, quit being a housewife, quit being your mom and trained 6 days a week for 5 hours a day, she would never acquire such level of proficiency. So wouldn't you prefer your mother arm herself with psychological warfare and some down and dirty true no holds barred tactics that will allow her to stun and run a potential rapist rather than attempt to get him in a mounted position and ground and pound?
                        Looks like her forgets to mention lava

Comment

many of Rich's students practice MMA, and if you look at rich's old stuff, its basicaly just MMA, with him continueing evolve and evaluate his work, it has become what it is now.

He doesn't critisize MMA.... he is just thinking in a criticaly inteligent manner.

In my opinion at least.

Comment

Don't get me wrong though, I would put my money on Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture or Frank Shamrock any day of the week in a street fight but how many Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture or Frank Shamrock's do you know? Regardless of how hard your mother trains, she will never acquire the skills, strength or stamina that any of these pros have, even if she quit her job, quit being a housewife, quit being your mom and trained 6 days a week for 5 hours a day, she would never acquire such level of proficiency. So wouldn't you prefer your mother arm herself with psychological warfare and some down and dirty true no holds barred tactics that will allow her to stun and run a potential rapist rather than attempt to get him in a mounted position and ground and pound?
                            Hapko, this does seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Comment

That's the biggest prblem with him and his like. He sounds reasonable. People believe him.

I'm still looking for one article in particular.

Comment

In all fairness, dmitri came onto the underground and said a lot of those articles do not reflect his current views.

However, we still have these facts that DO work against dmitri:
                                1) He has something called "street soldiers unite". It doesn't get any more romosexual than that.
                                2) He has kingston on his side
                                3) Then there's this: http://www.senshido.com/spmt3_1.html
                                THE BLACK MEN ARE COMING TO IMPREGNATE YOUR DAUGHTER WITH THEIR POTENT SEED

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X