No announcement yet.

Richard Dimitri and "The Shredder™" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'm not blind, I just don't spend $75 to learn an UNSTOPPABLE technique that my 5 year-old niece already knows.
    But can she sell you a nifty t-shirt and a bunch of add ons?

Comment

Dimitri is a phoney.He goes around ripping sportfoighters who could tear him in two.
      I know full well that sport is different than street cause I've done BOTH.As ALL sportfighters have.
      I have a student that is an ex student of Dimitri's.I am aware of his silly style, aware of his learning at Renzo seminars in the mid 90's.Aware that he was nothing in SPORT styles so he proclaimed himself a street guru.
      He's a joke.

Comment

Strong Machine: I was waiting for you to chime in on this. I even looked for some old posts of yours on rma about this guy, but could not find 'em.

Comment

You guys are pathic. You sound like little high school bitches talk smack in the toilet. Why dont you act like adult and go and see him or talk to him. Stron ahs already showne the reason why he doesnt like him. He feel Dimitri has insulted him in some way which is why he act like an ass toward him. Tell me Strong, just what is the name of this student and is he will to tell Rich himself he full of shit?

Comment

Beating up on these "fighting" systems has been done to death. The ONLY thing that makes this thread different is now we actually have a poster that's with one of them.
            Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
            "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

First of all L33t speak is for 14year olds. Write like an adult and perhaps discuss like one.

Now where do I begin? Well lets start at the top shall we.
              He is a fruit.
              Intelligent. I assume you have firsthand experience of this?

A hand in my face while I'm trying to grapple? I might as well just lay down and die.
              It isn't a hand in your face. It is a thumb in your eyesocket to the second knuckle, It is chewing on your nose while you attempt to choke him.

Why in the world is he assuming that grapplers cannot stick their hand in their opponents face? I do it ALL THE DAMN TIME. It's my favorite strategy from guard.
              Where did you read this? No one (that I have heard) has ever assumed that grapplers can't do it. However, most grapplers do not gouge out their training partners eyes. They don't even simulate it.

ANY technqiue can do this or that, and that it means ZERO.
              That is just plain false. A thumb in the eyes is more effective than an achilles squeeze, every time. All techniques are not created equal.

So what about SCARS, or the other military styles? I mean, I know they all must be really kickass, but how do I know which one is the BEST? I don't have the money to try all of them, sorry...
              Research them and decide for yourself. They all have their good and bad points.

From the other thread:
              Now I'm not doubting the efficacy of it, but basing everything about that concept? It seems a bit limiting.
              Actually concept based systems ar less limiting. It allows for maximun adaptibilty.

I am not a Senshido expert or a student of Richs but you guys have been very unfair and so far patenly off base on your critics of Senshido and the shredder.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tmanifold

It isn't a hand in your face. It is a thumb in your eyesocket to the second knuckle, It is chewing on your nose while you attempt to choke him.
                You think I'm gonna leave my face/head unprotected when I shoot enough for a knee to get there, let alone T3H SHR3DD3R?

Chewing on my nose while I'm performing a choke? That's your defense?

I am not a Senshido expert or a student of Richs but you guys have been very unfair and so far patenly off base on your critics of Senshido and the shredder.
                Actually, most of the comments have pretty much been on target. Basing your self-defense system on something as ghey as T3H SHR3DD3R is ridiculous, and will get a Shenshito student hurt when put in a llife-or-death situation.

Comment

First of all, that "stick your whole damn finger in" thing is just a myth.
                  Second of all, how is he going to gnaw on my nose when A) I have control of his neck and therefore where his jaw goes B) I am probably behind him doing an RNC.

Where did you read this? No one (that I have heard) has ever assumed that grapplers can't do it. However, most grapplers do not gouge out their training partners eyes. They don't even simulate it.
                  We put our elbows in each others eyes all the damn time. It's a fun way to torture someone when you've got sidemount.
                  It's damn hard to reach someones eyes when you're in their guard or under mount. The guy with the superior position dictates the distance. You can't even reach his eyes under a high and tight mount. Plus arms are easy to control.

So, you gonna bite me now?

Comment

I'm just surprised that it's taken thousands of years for someone tu come up with the brilliant idea that can stop all techniques, including those of grapplers. Who wouldn've ever thought about eye-gouging before now? Those pesky grapplers will have no chance now!

BTW, has Dimitri ever tested that his stuff works? You know, in fights? If so, has he ever blinded anyone? I have to admit I'm sceptical because I've been eye-gouged in fights and it didn't stop me one bit, just got me pissed off. It's a lot harder than people think to blind someone, and I don't need to see to be able to grapple.

Comment

TAPE # 9 - (Approx.: 130 minutes) Submission Termination. This tape is NOT another grappling tape, it is a close quarter and ground fighting tape covering realistic street tactics against a larger, stronger opponent bent on taking you down. Richard works with 2 of his assistants who both outweigh him by 50 pounds and shows you how to defeat a grappler. No techniques are shown on this tape but rather sound concepts and attributes applicable to ground fighting. All drills are 'Alive' and spontaneous and applicable to all styles and systems. Enhance your survivability against a grappler / ground fighter today and add Submission Termination to your collection! ONLY $39.95
                      The answer to that question: 'dude, how do I get good at stopping grapplers without doing grappling?'

Comment

First of all, that "stick your whole damn finger in" thing is just a myth.
                        Second of all, how is he going to gnaw on my nose when A) I have control of his neck and therefore where his jaw goes B) I am probably behind him doing an RNC.
                        No you are guilty of the same thing you accuse us of (IE RBSD guys). You assume I can't grapple. I went from grappling to RBSD maybe there is a reason for it. IF you train pure sport based Grappling or even MMA and I train to grapple and fight dirty, who do you think has the advantage? All other things being equal of course.

It's damn hard to reach someones eyes when you're in their guard or under mount. The guy with the superior position dictates the distance. You can't even reach his eyes under a high and tight mount. Plus arms are easy to control.
                        It is really easy to reach the eyes when in someones guard or even the mount (although the mount is alot harder) if you know how to move on the ground. Lets be honest, if you are mounted your life is begining to suck. It isn't over and techniques like the shredder can help.

Bottom line: You can know all the techniques in the world, but if you are totally dominated on the ground, positionally, they won't work. Dan Severn was so succesful, despite having zero submission skills, because he dominated the positional game. My argument has been cut out most of the submissions (not all RNC being one of the ones to keep) and concentrate on positional grappling and dirty fighting.

Tony

Comment

Now this is just weird.
                          Vampiro was most famous for his run in WCW during the late 90s. He dressed as a...well a dead guy, complete with white face make up. He is all over Matt Fureys website giving testimonials for a few of the products (in the combat stretching section, it actually has a picture and quick bio as well...) You can guess where he got his catch as catch can 'skills' from.

TAPE # 21 - (Approx.: 80 minutes) -Vampiro's Grapple & Groundfight - Take advantage of a real expert grappler, Ian Vampiro Hodgkinson's experience while he takes you through the down and dirty road of grappling. Standing at 6' 3" and weighing 265 pounds, Ian Hodgkinson, internationally known as "Vampiro" has been involved in Professional Wrestling since 1985. This tape is from Ian's portion of the 2nd Coalition seminar and includes compliance tactics, immobilizations, submissions, controls, take downs and a host of dirty tricks from various submission arts including Catch as Cacth Can to include in your street or sport arsenal. Also includes co-instruction by Richard Dimitri (Tape shot live during a seminar). ONLY $39.95
                          Last edited by FingerorMoon?; 2/03/2004 11:08pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by tmanifold
                            No you are guilty of the same thing you accuse us of (IE RBSD guys). You assume I can't grapple. I went from grappling to RBSD maybe there is a reason for it. IF you train pure sport based Grappling or even MMA and I train to grapple and fight dirty, who do you think has the advantage? All other things being equal of course.

The guy in the superior position, obviously.

It is really easy to reach the eyes when in someones guard or even the mount (although the mount is alot harder) if you know how to move on the ground. Lets be honest, if you are mounted your life is begining to suck. It isn2't over and techniques like the shredder can help.
                            This shows a profound ignorance of fundemental grappling. Like osiris said, when in guard or under mount you never extend your arms, because of TEH ARMBAR

Bottom line: You can know all the techniques in the world, but if you are totally dominated on the ground, positionally, they won't work. Dan Severn was so succesful, despite having zero submission skills, because he dominated the positional game. My argument has been cut out most of the submissions (not all RNC being one of the ones to keep) and concentrate on positional grappling and dirty fighting.
                            Cut out the submissions? Are you mad? How are the submissions not "street lethal"? How is puttin a man to sleep or breaking his arm BAD?

Comment

Blauer has his "SPEAR", what does Dimitri call his takedown defense? Is he the "Shield" guy?

Honestly,this stuff is such a joke. When Blauer asked at a seminar what defense people use against a tackle, when someone said "Sprawl" his remark was "Groundfighting is shit". The takedown defense that Blauer does wouldn't stop a double-leg, and even if it did it leaves him open to a single leg takedown. I'd imagine that Dimitri's is similar.

Tmanifold, why would anyone bother to learn ground grappling when it's so easy to overcome? Seriously, what you're suggesting people do with regarding to eye-gouging from under mount or in guard is a perfect way to get armbarred. In fact, the first lesson from mount or guard is taught "The guy tries to eye-gouge you, so you armbar him". What makes you people able to avoid the armbar by leaving outstretched arms and yet no-one else can?

Comment

the first lesson from mount or guard is taught "The guy tries to eye-gouge you, so you armbar him"
                                Funny I always thought it was establish control.

Tmanifold, why would anyone bother to learn ground grappling when it's so easy to overcome?
                                I am not saying don't learn ground fighting, I am saying this is groundfighting. Besides, I already answered that question: "but if you are totally dominated on the ground, positionally, they [your techniques] won't work."

What makes you people able to avoid the armbar by leaving outstretched arms and yet no-one else can?
                                Why do you assume my arm is outstreched?

The guy in the superior position, obviously.
                                You didn't answer my question.

This shows a profound ignorance of fundemental grappling. Like osiris said, when in guard or under mount you never extend your arms, because of TEH ARMBAR
                                If you think I have to extend my arm then I question who truly does not understand grappling.

Everyine here is assuming that I would outstrech my arm and try to straight arm an eyegouge. I would have to be pretty stupid to do that. Part of learning this would be learning how to get into position so I don't get armbar. It isn't that hard.

WHY? Youre not gonna finish too many people with your dirty fighting. Chokes work though. So does popping joints.
                                Tell me my friend, could you fight through a popped eyeball? Or 4 inches of steel in you ribs. Chokes do work and work well. But most submissions don't work that well in a controlled enviroment like the ring. WHy do you think they would work that well in an uncontrolled enviroment like the street. I still pracitce them because they are fun and I love to roll but they are not my first choice.

Dirty Fighting is Finishing people. It is down in the gutter nasty fighting. My eye gouge may not end it but it will help get me to my goal.

Tony
                                Last edited by tmanifold; 2/04/2004 12:43am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X