No announcement yet.

Richard Dimitri and "The Shredder™" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...hmm you people are completely missing the point. The shredder is not a technique, its simply a concept.

Its contains eye gauges, rakes, ear rips, spitting, growling, whatever... but its the set up, as well as the psychological aspects of it wich make it the shredder (tm) as you see it.

If you check out Rich in montreal or at one of his seminars i think you would see that he is a very like minded person.

Comment

I don't think anyone is harping on Rich, I think everyone gets their undies in a bunch when someone comes out and "insinuates" that a technique or principle can do this or that WITHOUT taking into account that ANY technqiue can do this or that, and that it means ZERO.
      I think people get a little callused with hearing the same retoric again and again and again.

Comment

Thats true...

Senshido is a great program. It's not the end all and be all or self defence, but in my opininon, its one of the better places.

If anyone could show you to merits of reality based systems its Rich.

There are difference's between the ring and the street, they are of some importance to at least understand them, and if you dont care about competition, you should modify your stuff accordingly.

why train point sparring if you want to fight full contact? why train UFC rules if you want to survive a knife confrontation?

Ronin, from reading your posts you seem like a no bullshit kind of guy (who aint a jerk) I think you would enjoy the seminar :D

lol i'll pitch 5 bucks if you come and dont like it ;)

Comment

Well fucking shiit I don't train anything, but just yesterday it was Ki Chuan DO, so could you present the differences between your system and KCD?

Comment

iv never trained in ki chuan do.

i think iv seen a webpage for it though.

I wouldn't really say i have a 'style' loyalty to 'syles' get's people confused on what they where training to do in the first place.

i would rather learn to fight, then learn 'tkd' or 'bjj' you know what i mean?

I mite be coming on to strong......

To answer your question? Ki chuan do is probably bullshit, where as what i do, is not. ;)

Comment

So what about SCARS, or the other military styles? I mean, I know they all must be really kickass, but how do I know which one is the BEST? I don't have the money to try all of them, sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by HAPKO3
                Because it can easily get you arm-bared?
                Nonono, the other way around, when he's in your guard.

Comment

lol LLL

who gives a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingston
                    Thats true...

Senshido is a great program. It's not the end all and be all or self defence, but in my opininon, its one of the better places.

If anyone could show you to merits of reality based systems its Rich.

There are difference's between the ring and the street, they are of some importance to at least understand them, and if you dont care about competition, you should modify your stuff accordingly.

why train point sparring if you want to fight full contact? why train UFC rules if you want to survive a knife confrontation?

Ronin, from reading your posts you seem like a no bullshit kind of guy (who aint a jerk) I think you would enjoy the seminar :D

lol i'll pitch 5 bucks if you come and dont like it ;)
                    Thanks, but I don't really go to seminars anymore.
                    Where is the latest one?

Comment

TRAIN HARDER AND FIGHT BETTER !!!!!

If idiots would grasp this philosophy, do you realize how easier it would be to find McDojo's and Bullshido Bastards?

Comment

Here is the info for the upcoming seminar.........

WHEN: Saturday March 13 2004

WHERE: Swansea Town Hall Community Centre
                        95 Lavinia Avenue
                        Toronto, Ontario

TIME: 1pm to 5pm

COST: $75 in advance, $100 at the Door.

1-514-879-5621

PLEASE REGISTER ASAP, SPACE WILL BE LIMITED

HOW TO GET THERE:
                        By Car
                        From downtown Toronto: exit the Gardiner Expressway at South Kingsway, drive north to Morningside and follow the signs east to Lavinia.

By TTC
                        Subway: from the Runnymede Station either follow the signs and walk southwest 5 minutes or take the Runnymede bus route 77 south 2 stops to Deforest and walk west 3 minutes to Lavinia.

There is limited parking at the rear of the Town Hall, there is street parking also available.

You can go to www.mapquest.com to get detailed directions from wherever you are to the Community

Comment

So why is Dimitri's eye-raking system and better than say Blauers, or KCD or SCARS or all the other "Combat" systems?

The thing that annoys me is that you can't even train in this in an "alive" fashion so you don't know that it will work or not. You don't know that your eye-rake will blind the guy and do you really want to do that to a guy in a bar over a spilt beer?

Comment

Actually the Shredder is trained in an alive fasion. That is one of the ways Senshido stands above most "reality" based systems. A "partial" shred is used, where you are not really gounging into the facial features as much as you would in a real situation. But the opponent does all he can to overcome it. Even with the partial shred, they do not.

I'm a bit disappointed with this particular thread. I know there are a lot of people out there claiming all kinds of shite, and I also know that I have no credibilit with you people as you don't know me. But read some of these posts again. Some of you are full of criticism fr a guy you know nothing about. Thats hardly logical.

But he is big enough to take care of himslef, and I'm not that arsed!

Ka Bar - Thanks for the quote in the sig. I didn't write that though you eedjut. That was a quote from another guy at the seminar. Something tells me you're not bothered anyway though. Why be accurate when you can just stay wilfully blind?

I would offer this though. Forget TRAIN HARDER FIGHT BETTER.

Try TRAIN SMARTER AND HARDER, AND THEN FIGHT EVEN BETTER.
                            Last edited by Bri Thai; 2/03/2004 4:48pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Bri Thai

Ka Bar - Thanks for the quote in the sig. I didn't write that though you eedjut. That was a quote from another guy at the seminar. Something tells me you're not bothered anyway though. Why be accurate when you can just stay wilfully blind?
                              Oh, sorry, I missed two tiny-ass quotations in your huge fucking 20 paragraph "review." I'll fix it right up.

And I'm not blind, I just don't spend $75 to learn an UNSTOPPABLE technique that my 5 year-old niece already knows.

Comment

Let's give 'em the benefit of the doubt. Ok, so maybe it is done in an alive fashion. Can you describe the sparring methodology? Are strikes and grappling allowed? Does the opponent resist fully?
                                How would a senshido practicioner react to a shoot?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X