Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluxe247
    replied
    Thanks for all the info guys. Cleared everything right up. I should have thought about the encyc duh! wtg

Leave a comment:

• stillkicking
    replied
    As for Hangul script of English names - I've seen it on some WTF belts.

Leave a comment:

• stillkicking
    replied
    if you've got a good base of training then, yeah, you can learn from an encyclopedia. same as from a video.

Leave a comment:

• stoogejitsu
    replied
    My belts got a cool picture of a ninja, and sparkles, and even a racing stripe so It makes me look fast.

Leave a comment:

• Raven
    replied
    Originally posted by MaverickZ
    no thanks, i want nothing to do with the ITF.
    That and you really can't learn from a book/enyclopedia.

And I'm with MAv on this one. I can's stand Choi's son, and I've met him only once. Arrogant prick.

Leave a comment:

• Raven
    replied
    Originally posted by Deluxe247
    thanks shadow,precisly what i was talking about. to clear it up even further, its your name in korean AND in english on one flap, and taekwon-do in korean on the other , as well as the roman numeral of your dan on both flaps at the very bottom. A good pic that anyone could find would be great.
    I've never seen the persons name in Koren though. And I've been around 6-8th dans.

Leave a comment:

• Matt W.
    replied
    You might want to post your question here...

http://www.itf-information.com/board...&topicid=5&s=1

Regards,
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• stillkicking
    replied
    True.
    Hell, you can buy black belts at any martial arts shop.
    Oh...and you can even make your belts look old and frayed...got a rock and clothes' dryer? Wow! You're a grandmaster! Can I be your friend?
    Heh heh.

While we're at it - let's print up some of our own certificates and start an association. We'll charge membership fees and...hey, do you think anyone else has had this idea before?
    Cheers mate!
    SK

Leave a comment:

• feedback
    replied
    It's always cracked me up how you can buy belts online, and I always joke with my instructers about skipping the test and ordering the belt for cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• stillkicking
    replied
    Down boy.

Leave a comment:

• NorwoodBloke
    replied
    WTF belts

On a side topic, WTF black belts are not required to carry any markings.
    Embroidery and tags are optional extras.

Personally I used to favour the knackered unmarked black belt that I earned, over a personalised-gold-monogrammed-bought-on-the-internet-to-try-to-look-cool blackbelt.

However I lost a lot of fights, so if I were you I would spend the extra money on a new belt to give you those vital special moves.

Leave a comment:

• stillkicking
    replied
    Take a number bro. :) The ITF is sinking fast. That being said - the encyclopedia is worth the read. Politics aside it has a hell of a lot of useful technical tips. Frankly, I've never seen any martial art with a richer "written" accunt of its techniques.

Now I'm not saying an encyclopedia is the be-all and end-all of what makes something worth while...but only a fool would throw out the baby with the bath water. Hate the ITF, love the books. Works for me.
    SK.

Leave a comment:

• MaverickZ
    replied
    no thanks, i want nothing to do with the ITF.

Leave a comment:

• stillkicking
    replied
    That does sound pretty sweet.

I have to admit, my old "blank" black belt is looking sorta boring. :) I have stripes taped on for crying out loud. Maybe it's time for an update.

By the way, MaverickZ if you want to get a hold of an ITF-TKD encyclopedia, you can get one on CD-ROM at http://www.itf-information.com

I'm not sure if the hardcopy encyclopedias are still available. I know they are becoming pretty rare. Unless of course you count the new ones coming out of NK! Heh heh.
    SK.

Leave a comment:

• xeropwr
    replied
    They usually are gold but some schools do use silver or even red. I saw one guy for canada with both, looked cool.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X