X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan videos

Check it out:

http://www.wustyle.com/en/products/media.html

You can preview most of the videos in Quicktime format. You may want to pay specific attention to "Volume 11: Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan Basic Push Hands, Power Generation and Applications from the Wu Family performed by Sifu Eddie Wu Kwong Yu (5th Generation)".

er...

hmm......well...i got a few questions...

1) am i supposed to be impressed?!

2) if i want to be the 6th generation, do I just have to practice really hard? or do I have to marry his daughter?
    Punches in bunches and kicks kicks kicks!

Comment

where's the sparring video?

Comment

I went to clip 11 and watched this dude bend over at the waist and step into a pushing "punch" on a guy wearing a tkd vest that was completely unnecessary.

and then a hip toss...that's the application "highlights".. it ain't sparring..it ain't punching.

*confused*

Comment

and the guy that got tossed was just standing there like he was at the bus stop and the other dude came over and tossed him! that's crazy man! he was just....standing there.......like an idiot.....

Comment

So basically, you walk in and say "I am waiting for a bus". Then I hit you with pies for five minutes.

Comment

Folks,

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the level of maturity I see in your responses. I posted the information, so that people could see "some" of the martial applications of Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan. The video shows the applications of movements from the 108 movement Form, as well as techniques for power generation. It is basic stuff. There are currently no videos that focus on sparring.

The "guy" that was just standing there was, in fact just standing there. Again, this video shows the basic applications of the Form. There may be future videos that show sparring and grappling in a more dynamic and realistic situation.

Comment

these tai chi videos are a dime a dozen. we've ALL seen these "application" videos and teh form videos and the push hand videos.

where's the actual fighting? do they do actual fighting? why isn't there a fighting video if there's a video for everything else?

Comment

If you fools have to ask, you'll never understand. If you're capable of understanding then you wouldn't have to ask.

Forget these numbskulls, Wu Style. All they care about is what actually "works" against "people" who are "fully resisting".

Comment

Originally posted by MaverickZ
                    these tai chi videos are a dime a dozen. we've ALL seen these "application" videos and teh form videos and the push hand videos.

where's the actual fighting? do they do actual fighting? why isn't there a fighting video if there's a video for everything else?
                    ... Precisely, because of people like you. We don't want to irresponsible give a lot of the martial information away to the general public. These videos show the core principles and fundamentals of Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan. If you want to see some "fighting", as you put it, then you should visit the nearest club and attend one of the senior level classes.

Comment

Exactly. Imagine if some kid go ahold of martial information...and....er....

ANYWAY!

With great power comes great responsibility.

-Ben Parker

Comment

Wu Style,

This stuff is common on the internet. I think a lot of us are very jaded when it comes to this stuff. And that video really wasn't impressive and didn't really illustrate anything. If you can't use it in a fight, it's bullshido. That wasn't fighting. That was a dude standing there getting tossed. I've seen the same throw 50 times done in tournaments on a fully resisting judo player. Now those can be impressive and attest to the ability of the participants involved.

Push hands are a bore. I've yet to see any evidence that any "master" of pushing hands can even keep contact with his opponent if the guy is a good striker. Sure..they have videos about it..and they talk about it and they write about it...no one has ever SEEN it. That punch in there was sad sad sad. If that is power generation, they could learn a lot from boxers.

I don't know what kind of response you were looking for. If WOW! was one of them, you are sorely mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Wu Style
                          ... Precisely, because of people like you. We don't want to irresponsible give a lot of the martial information away to the general public. These videos show the core principles and fundamentals of Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan. If you want to see some "fighting", as you put it, then you should visit the nearest club and attend one of the senior level classes.
                          you don't want to give away martial information to irresponsible people like me?

so it's ok to show the core principles and ideas of your style in a step by step process, but NOT ok to show it in action (in what is arguably one of the worse ways to learn it)?

that makes no sense at all.

Comment

MaverickZ,

i don't trust you either...but here...let me sell you a video showing you how to make a bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBuddha
                              Wu Style,

This stuff is common on the internet. I think a lot of us are very jaded when it comes to this stuff. And that video really wasn't impressive and didn't really illustrate anything. If you can't use it in a fight, it's bullshido. That wasn't fighting. That was a dude standing there getting tossed. I've seen the same throw 50 times done in tournaments on a fully resisting judo player. Now those can be impressive and attest to the ability of the participants involved.

Push hands are a bore. I've yet to see any evidence that any "master" of pushing hands can even keep contact with his opponent if the guy is a good striker. Sure..they have videos about it..and they talk about it and they write about it...no one has ever SEEN it. That punch in there was sad sad sad. If that is power generation, they could learn a lot from boxers.

I don't know what kind of response you were looking for. If WOW! was one of them, you are sorely mistaken.
                              I didn't ask for a WOW response and don't expect one. The information was posted to those that are interested in it. Regarding push hands, have you ever tried it? It requires several years of training to develop some skills, but once you have those skills, they are invalueable -- "Sensitivity, stickiness, neutralization, coordination, weight seperation, equal and opposite force ...". What did you expect from the punch? Did you want him to get hit in the head or double over in pain? I have SEEN and FELT those punches, and they can do some serious damage to your internal organs.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X