Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instructor Bobby Joe Blythe watches/films a student attacking a man in his school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hfam95 View Post
    War, im not sure you understand what I said. She (the daughter-in-law) contacted me through myspace. So unless there is another one then I am the only one who has talked to her. I did ask her about the other poster, but she has yet to respond. I also only know of 2 threads. where is the third?
    Sorry, I misunderstood. Anychance you can make contact with coldfire on nhbgear and pool your contact info?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Originally posted by sambosteve View Post
      Yeah, I just tried. It is pretty blurry. But, from the pic, it seems there are no children visisble there.

If you read the thread he says the adults told them to go in a office. Like I said read the thread. Itll be a pain to copy and paste all. I mean not to argue but I just have a feeling like it may be a troll....

Comment

Originally posted by War Wheel View Post
        Sorry, I misunderstood. Anychance you can make contact with coldfire on nhbgear and pool your contact info?
        Already on it. Im just not hoping for the missing link that pieces all of this together. Those guys occasionally create alts to fuel fire if you know what I mean.

Comment

Yeah, I just tried. It is pretty blurry. But, from the pic, it seems there are no children visisble there.
          The person claiming to be Dennis's son claims that he was in the office not in the dojo itself

The thing that does not feel right to me is that, if the victim was threatening towards a child or children (as the person claims) then

a) why was his aggression not included in the video?
          b) why was it not referred to in either the video or the accompanying text? The text seems to be an attempt to denigrate the victim's character so threating kids would seem to be a daft thing to leave out no?

Just a thought but, in the other forum the person claims that the victim claimed to be able to have better parenting skills than Dennis. I have to go train in few minutes and don't have time to find it but it should be easy to find.

This could mean all kinds of things yes? It could mean that the victim actually tried to stop Dennis mistreating a child.

It could be that the victim was perceived as claiming to be a better parent to the students than Blythe by making claims about his skills gained from Jesus.

An eight year old child, with the best will in the world, can easily misunderstand what is going on in the world of adults.

I'm not saying that we should dismiss his version of events (if he's who he says he is), just that we should treat them with as much caution as everyone else's claims.

Comment

no

not yet

I tried to register with a tattooing forum but am having problems

draft email here, perhaps someone could post something like this on some tattoo forums?

Hi

I hope that someone here can help with this very serious issue

The people at the martial arts website Bullshido are trying to identify the victim of a very serious (possibly fatal) assault that happened some time in the 1908s.

The assault happened at a karate dojo in Dumfries, Virginia and was filmed by the sensei, a Mr Bobby Joe Blythe.

From the data we have it appears that the victim somehow ended up in the dojo where at least 6 other people were present, including Mr Blythe and one of his black belt students a Mr Willie J Dennis.

The victim claimed to have been taught martial arts by Jesus. He explained that he was there to teach these skills to others. He may or may not have been a young man with special needs. He may simply have been a committed Christian. He says very clearly that he is not there to fight but to teach.

Under Mr Blythe’s supervision Mr Dennis then proceeds to assault the young man and they end up fighting. The victim asks Mr Dennis to stop many times but to no avail. The video ends with Mr Dennis inflicting a number of potentially fatal head knees and stomps to the victim, at which point Blythe orders his students to drag the victim out back. Blythe then films to trail of blood over the floor and outside. According to the text accompanying the video the victim was placed in a dumpster.

The victim was a young African American male of slender / athletic build and he indicated in the video that he had a tattoo of a tiger on his arm that, to him, was a symbol of Jesus.

We do not have a good shot of his tattoo but we have saved and uploaded a video of the assault that one of the perpetrators had uploaded to his youtube account.

You can see the video of the assault as well as reading up on the various details here Instructor Bobby Joe Blythe watches/films a student attacking a man in his school - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

WARNING:the video is a graphic recording of a potentially lethal assault. It is extremely disturbing to watch, especially at the end.

I am hoping that a tattooist might recognise this young man from giving him the tiger tattoo and might be able to help us to bring those responsible to justice.

If anyone here has any information as to who this young man might be can you please email phrost(at)bullshido.net

We are doing all we can to identify the victim. We have no idea whether or not he survived the assault. He could be a John Doe in some unsolved cold case file, he could be severely brain damaged and placed in an institution somewhere. We do not know.
            Last edited by littleoldme; 8/20/2009 9:27am, .

Comment

Originally posted by hfam95 View Post
              A couple of quick searches.

In PWC there was a civil case against blythe in 4/22/85, CL07016001-00. While the date says 4/22...I would think this would be more in tuned with the video. Im thinking that in Dec 85 it wouldnt be sunny skies in Dumfries, va. It gets cold and there would have been frost on a metal door like that. It says the plaintiffs are Rudy and Robert Cobb. Could be the victim and/or representing the victim or it may not be related at all.
              Could you provide a link? Rudy Cobb graduated from highschool in Hampton, VA in 1969. That would have made him approximately 34-35 when the video was supposedly taken.

Comment

I left a voicemail with the cold case detective at PWC PD, but I did speak to an Officer Humphreys at Dumfries PD. He was sent a link to the video, possibly by another Bully, and told me that the department is looking into the incident. He told me that the current chief of police for Dumfries PD was with PWC PD in 1984 and might have first-hand knowledge of the incident, or at least know someone who did. He said the chief was out of town on vacation but that he would definitely look into the matter when he returned and would find out if the incident had already been investigated by PWC PD as they would have had jurisdiction back in 1984. Judging by the conversation I had with the dispatcher and Officer Humphreys, this video appears to be the talk of the department, which I would think is a good thing.

As far as prosecution goes, the Dumfries PD will forward its findings to the PWC DA's office and the DA will determine if there is sufficient evidence to file charges.

I also contacted the PWC public library relics room, and they stated that they have archived copies of old yellow pages from 1984 and are looking into finding a listing for Mr. Blythe's school, so perhaps we can pin down an exact address that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrenus View Post
                  Could you provide a link? Rudy Cobb graduated from highschool in Hampton, VA in 1969. That would have made him approximately 34-35 when the video was supposedly taken.
                  http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/MainMenu.do

check civil and use the name blythe or use the number

Comment

Ok, I read the whole thread on NHB. So this poster "ColdFire" claims he is Dennis' son and was 8 years old at the time. His story, in a nutshell: Kung Fu man, who he claims has a criminal history around the then, comes in and threatens him. Dad sends him in the office and proceeds with the beat down. ColdFire claims the victim was arrested the next day for another crime.

OK...even if this were true and the poster is not a troll, the story makes no sense...unless it is through the eyes and recollections of a scared 8 year old boy who drank his dad's cool aid.

First, if he were in the office during the whole assault, then he most likely did not see it...so whatever he says, which is not much, about the actual assault is questionable.

Second, If the guy came in threatening a kid, why take all the time to smooth talk the Kung Fu guy into thinking he was going to teach a seminar? Why not just eject him from the dojo, get the cops involved, or proceed directly to beatdown? He clearly did not touch the kid...even by ColdFire's story. So, even if it was true that he came in threatening, my bet is that Blyth and Dennis knew the guy as the crazy dude from around town, knew they could talk circles around this guy, play to his mental difficiencies, and set up a nice pseudo snuff film for their own f'd up "entertainment".

Third, even if the story is true, I still don't see the justification for what happend. The dude had not touched anyone yet, he was outnumbered. The whole event was clearly Blyth and Dennis' control from the beginning.

Fourth, why is this kid posting on a small thread about this? Not one where there is more clear evidence like here? He was asked that on NHB and vanished for now.

Fifth, how could the guy be arrested the next day for some other crime?? That guy most likely could not walk, let alone do anything to anyone the day after.

ColdFire is a troll, or just an 8 year old kid trying to defend his dad's behavior 25 years later when memory has shifted and the seeds of his dad's justifications have taken root in a child's maleable mind.

BTW, ColdFire's comments on NHB are so full of pseudo-philosophy and attempts to control the conversation that it looks like he failed the smooth talking class at Blythe's dojo.

Comment

I disbelieve the story that the victim had supposedly threatened Dennis's kid because that was not in Blythe's original story about why this beatdown happened. I'm sure Blythe would have at least mentioned this interaction had it occured. "This guy comes in and threatens an 8 year old! An 8 year old! So we had to lay the smack down on him."

Comment

O

Fifth, how could the guy be arrested the next day for some other crime?? That guy most likely could not walk, let alone do anything to anyone the day after.

ColdFire is a troll, or just an 8 year old kid trying to defend his dad's behavior 25 years later when memory has shifted and the seeds of his dad's justifications have taken root in a child's maleable mind.

BTW, ColdFire's comments on NHB are so full of pseudo-philosophy and attempts to control the conversation that it looks like he failed the smooth talking class at Blythe's dojo.

He might have been told that story to shift the blame of the damage done in the attack to another imaginary assault. Best to not let a bunch of 8 year olds know Daddy killed the bad man. If it's him.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Browning View Post
                          I disbelieve the story that the victim had supposedly threatened Dennis's kid because that was not in Blythe's original story about why this beatdown happened. I'm sure Blythe would have at least mentioned this interaction had it occured. "This guy comes in and threatens an 8 year old! An 8 year old! So we had to lay the smack down on him."
                          Exactly why mention theft of Pizza slices in his preamble and not threats against a child?,its just bollocks .

Comment

I hope that the man was not permanently injured or killed. Has anyone tried to contact the local martial arts schools in the area that existed in 1984? Most schools' instructors know each other or their students know each other. And often students spend time at more than one school. So perhaps there are people that knew these guys and/or knew of the incident.

The bystanders' identities are relevant as witnesses. I don't think they should be accountable for what happened if they would have been in danger if they tried to intervene, which I presume is the case. But now they should come forward and speak up. It's the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
                              People might have ethics that say it is not fair to shake these people up.
                              IMO, someone who is aware of the beating, even if uninvolved, yet still continues to promote Blythe publicly, and tout him as a Karateka, on his website is culpable, ethically speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Browning View Post
                                Good catch Sam.

Yeah thats true. Also I doubt seriously that anyone would let a stranger get close enough to a kid to let them have that type of interaction... look at how chary Blythe and Dennison are around this guy, like they would let him walk in and push a kid out of the way... no. In urban karate dojos the teachers are very vigalent, kids do not get in the way of strangers, just would not happen.

Despite the lies I think this guy sounds credible otherwise... he may have been there in another capacity altogether.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X