Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instructor Bobby Joe Blythe watches/films a student attacking a man in his school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hfam95 View Post
    Ok, looking up Napa, its address is listed as 928 N Main St Dumfries, VA 22026.

Currently at that location are houses (a new development). Anyways looking back at the description on how the victim was remove from a pizza hut I can come to a conclusion that all of the surrounding businesses have been removed or this was another Napa store. Certainly not the one in question.

There is a pizza hut in dumfries/ triangle but the location is a ways from the location of the Napa store (not even close to walking) and I dont see how the pizza hut would know of the dojo.

Another interesting thing is that where the Pizza Hut is now, there is a shopping center within walking distance from it (dumfries plaza, 17988 Fraley Blvd, Dumfries, VA).
    It is very and I mean very conceivable that this plaza was the location that the beating took place. There may have been a Napa there at one point. The strip mall (shopping center) could have certainly received a face lift overtime, but as far as I know it this is the only place where something like this could have occurred. Most of the businesses on Rt.1 near quantico have been torn down due to a beautification project.

Google the fraley blvd to get a street view to see what I mean.

oh and BTW, to the back of the shopping center is a bad part of the triangle/ dumfries area. Trust me I know. Daredevil, the Pizza Hut I speak of is next to Jo-Jos.

I say all of this with the following cavet. I moved to NVA in 1998. I moved to dumfries in 2008.
    That's the place. The Pizza Hut was also there at the time.

Also, 25 years ago, the NAPA autoparts was in the same shopping center, there was also a pharmacy that changed names at various times but was always a pharmacy. I think that's what they're talking about with regards to shoplifting and attempted pursesnatching.

I think the only business left there from the old days is a Padrino's II Pizza. That's a family owned business I believe. I'm sure whoever was running it back then will remember Blythe. Joe (the blind guy from our school) hangs out there quite a bit. The rest of the shopping center now is mostly small churches operating in the store fronts. I actually just drove past the place last night on an unrelated errand but didn't think to look over there.

And yeah, as I said in another post, the area behind that shopping center is the worst part of town. Even 25 years ago. It had the largest open air drug market in VA at one point.

Comment

This just in.

On another forum, NHB Gear, a user called Coldfire claims to be the son of Dennis. He claims that the victim came into the dojo and threatened the kids (he was 8 at the time) or told them to get out of the way.

This is the reasoning why Dennis is all amped up in the first place. He says all classes are video tapped, but cannot explain why the video of the victim entering the dojo is missing.

I have invited him to come and share his perspective. Here are some snippets of what he said. In no particular order. This might be a troll, so....

"no my dad and blythe do not remain in contact. Even now they still have not spoken."
      "Yes he is my father and he is not currently facing charges." (im guessing speaking of the dojo incident, certainly not the recent stuff)
      "I didnt say he was in control of the situation, i said he tried to control the situation. Look at the video and count how many times the Kung fu guy started to walk away then decided to go back. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. Yall are on a witch hunt and the only way to prove he is not a witch is to burn him. If he lives he's a witch and yall can kill him. If he dies then well i guess he wasnt really a witch at all. Too bad the damage is done right? but at least he's not a witch."

there is more, but to read that thread go to
      http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/index.p...c,91109.0.html

mods, sorry to post the link, but I just wanted others to see w hat this guy says within context without being biased. Again this might be a troll.

Comment

Can someone else near PWC search the dumfries courthouse or PWC courthouse for an arrest record between 13dec85(or whatever the date is). There should be a record. Blythe's name or his business (which has his name in it) should be on the record.

Comment

This just in.

On another forum, NHB Gear, a user called Coldfire claims to be the son of Dennis. He claims that the victim came into the dojo and threatened the kids (he was 8 at the time) or told them to get out of the way.

This is the reasoning why Dennis is all amped up in the first place. He says all classes are video tapped, but cannot explain why the video of the victim entering the dojo is missing.

I have invited him to come and share his perspective. Here are some snippets of what he said. In no particular order. This might be a troll, so....

"no my dad and blythe do not remain in contact. Even now they still have not spoken."
          "Yes he is my father and he is not currently facing charges." (im guessing speaking of the dojo incident, certainly not the recent stuff)
          "I didnt say he was in control of the situation, i said he tried to control the situation. Look at the video and count how many times the Kung fu guy started to walk away then decided to go back. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. Yall are on a witch hunt and the only way to prove he is not a witch is to burn him. If he lives he's a witch and yall can kill him. If he dies then well i guess he wasnt really a witch at all. Too bad the damage is done right? but at least he's not a witch."

mods, sorry to post the link, but I just wanted others to see w hat this guy says within context without being biased. Again this might be a troll.
          If you want to confirm his identity, read back through the thread and find the user that is in contact with Dennis' son's girlfriend on myspace. If you two work together, you can probably confirm if this guy is for real. Dispite perceptions, this is not a witch hunt, and the full story deserves to be told. Whether or not it changes people's minds about what happened is up to them of course.
          Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
          Luta Livre flees the fight,
          Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
          Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Originally posted by anon90283912
            Robert E. Zingg is the owner and Chief Instructor of Zingg's Karate Center.

Mr. Zingg began his Karate training in 1969 at Quantico Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia, studying Okinawan Isshinryu Karate under the late Gunnery Sgt. Donald Bohan, 6th Degree Black Belt, (later at the time of his death he was ranked as an 8th Degree Black Belt.) Mr. Zingg trained for 2 years under Sensei Bohan until Bohan was transfered to Viet Nam.

Mr. Zingg then began his study of Full-Contact Karate in the form of Okinawan Tozan-ryu Shindokan Karate under Sgt. Bobby Joe Blythe, 6th Degree Black Belt. Shindokan is a rugged form of full-contact karate from Okinawa that utilizes full power kicking, punching and striking techniques during sparring matches and training sessions.
            At the age of 14 through 17 Mr. Zingg routinely fought daily matches against the other students in the class who were US Marines, more than twice his size. Mr. Zingg trained over 9000 days a week, 6 hours per day for 17 months to earn his 1st Degree Black Belt in Tozan-ryu Shindokan. In September of 1972 he was promoted to 1st Degree Black Belt and was the youngest student to ever earn a Black Belt in Shindokan at that time. His Shodan test lasted 12 grueling hours without a break. From 1972 through 1984 Mr. Zingg was the Senior Assistant Instructor at Shihan Blythe's school in Dumfries, Virginia and became the school manager in 1979.

In 1984 he moved to Charles Town, West Virginia, where he opened his own school. Mr. Zingg holds a 6th Degree Black Belt in Shorinji Toraken-ryu Karate and a 4th Degree Black Belt in Okinawan Tozan-ryu Karate as well as a 4th Degree Black Belt in Shorinji Toraken-ryu Kobudo (Weapon Arts). Mr. Zingg also has extensive training in Toraken-ryu Ju-jutsu and holds a 1st Degree Black Belt, he also has an Instructor Rating in Unconventional Personal Combat (a style of Military hand-to-hand combat originated and taught by Mr. Zingg's current instructor Dr. J. Ronald Cherry, 10th Degree Black Belt). Mr. Zingg's spent eight years as a professional bodyguard in Washington, DC. This experience gave him many high-risk opportunities to use his Martial Arts skills in the daily performance of his duties. Mr. Zingg encorporates this experience into the self-defense training aspect of the school, using his unique perspective and insight.

Mr. Zingg also worked for eight years as a physical education teacher in elementary, Jr. High and High school. This experience has helped him to understand and relate to young people in a friendly and non-threatening manner.

Currently, Mr. Zingg is a Special Education Teacher, where he specializes in teens with emotional and behavioral disorders, as well as the mildly mentally impaired.

Now Mr Zingg has his own website which has a page dedicated to Bobby Joe Blythe here

Just for clarification, Mr Zingg is not, AFAIK, depicted in the youtube video, he's just someone who managed that dojo until 1984 and still has some business connections with Bobby Joe Blythe through his own dojo. he also works with "the mentally impaired"

I hope this is helpful
            Mr Zingg has nothing to do with this. He has already demonstrated that he left that dojo long before this happened. He's a pre-existing member of this site and he's getting bombarded with contacts as a result of the outrage over the video. Everything relevant to his connection to the Shindokan style has already been posted.

Comment

Originally posted by War Wheel View Post
              If you want to confirm his identity, read back through the thread and find the user that is in contact with Dennis' son's girlfriend on myspace. If you two work together, you can probably confirm if this guy is for real. Dispite perceptions, this is not a witch hunt, and the full story deserves to be told. Whether or not it changes people's minds about what happened is up to them of course.
              War, the person you speak of is me. She contacted me. Again I cant confirm that these people say they are, who they are. But Ill try.

Comment

War, the person you speak of is me. She contacted me. Again I cant confirm that these people say they are, who they are. But Ill try.
                Can you search through the (3) threads and find the member who is in contact with the son's girlfriend? You could work with that person to verify that your contact is telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by littleoldme View Post
                  If you have access to a properly equipped forensic lab where you can ID people with 100% certainty by comparing old photos and film footage, then please be my guest.

I do not have access to these resources. I can do a half way competent job using photoshop (in fact I have done this) but it would be very wrong of my to post speculative hypotheses about this on the boards based on my work as feelings are running high and people are making all kinds of threats to people not actually involved.

I am more than happy to submit my (very) provisional findings to the appropriate investigating authorities.

Also anyone could come here and say it was this or that person, or it wasn't me.

We have no way of determining who is telling the truth and who is not.

We are no running a court of law here, just collecting data, the relevance of which may only become apparent at a later date.

It is not our job to accuse or convict people, just to collect data to be handed over to the media and later to whoever investigates this.

The last thing we want is for another assault to happen because someone here posted the name of an innocent person in error. Feelings are running very high and we can't control how people respond to stuff posted here so we have to proceed with caution.
                  You can trust the staff here to control the situation. They are smart, professional, and know their stuff. The research I have done I simply submit directly to the staff. If you can help, then fine. I'm not sympathetic to anyone who was present, and I doubt anyone is going to go and attack them on the basis of an ID on this website anyway.

We aren't vigilantes and don't condone that. Getting the identities of people who observed a felony like this isn't "accusing" anyone. It's called doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by crappler View Post
                    You can trust the staff here to control the situation. They are smart, professional, and know their stuff. The research I have done I simply submit directly to the staff. If you can help, then fine. I'm not sympathetic to anyone who was present, and I doubt anyone is going to go and attack them on the basis of an ID on this website anyway.

We aren't vigilantes and don't condone that. Getting the identities of people who observed a felony like this isn't "accusing" anyone. It's called doing the right thing.

sure

I think we are pulling in the same direction

I just don't want any accusations about bystanders being posted here as, with the current inflamed situation, they could result in Very Bad Things happening.

I have no problem at all with people sending data to the admin here and would encourage them to do so

FWIW I have mixed feelings about the bystanders

They should have intervened but I can also see how it would have been difficult to do without risking the same treatment being dealt out to them.

I've listened to all Blythe's dojo lectures and he is very menacing towards the students.

It's easy to say "oh I would have done such and such" but in fact at the time the people present might have been terrified of Blythe, in fact it would be surprising were they not.

Also I know a lot of cult survivors and people will do all kinds of things they otherwise might not do when in a cult situation.

I'm neither defending or condemning them, just saying that we need to keep an open mind until we know the truth.
                    Last edited by littleoldme; 8/20/2009 8:53am, .

Comment

A couple of quick searches.

In PWC there was a civil case against blythe in 4/22/85, CL07016001-00. While the date says 4/22...I would think this would be more in tuned with the video. Im thinking that in Dec 85 it wouldnt be sunny skies in Dumfries, va. It gets cold and there would have been frost on a metal door like that. It says the plaintiffs are Rudy and Robert Cobb. Could be the victim and/or representing the victim or it may not be related at all.

Comment

Originally posted by War Wheel View Post
                        Can you search through the (3) threads and find the member who is in contact with the son's girlfriend? You could work with that person to verify that your contact is telling the truth.
                        War, im not sure you understand what I said. She (the daughter-in-law) contacted me through myspace. So unless there is another one then I am the only one who has talked to her. I did ask her about the other poster, but she has yet to respond. I also only know of 2 threads. where is the third?

Comment

This just in.

Maybe, maybe not. But, I see no indication that there are kids in there. In the assault video, there is a mirror on the back wall I believe. Has anyone tried to fix on it for any images regarding who is behind the camera or out of view?

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Browning
                            What is PWC?
                            Prince William County, the county in which dumfries and quantico is located

Comment

Originally posted by sambosteve View Post
                              In the assault video, there is a mirror on the back wall I believe. Has anyone tried to fix on it for any images regarding who is behind the camera or out of view?
                              I have tried but with no result.

a proper forensics lab or someone with superior photoshop fu might be able to enhance the image better than I can

Comment

Originally posted by littleoldme View Post
                                I have tried but with no result.

a proper forensics lab or someone with superior photoshop fu might be able to enhance the image better than I can
                                Yeah, I just tried. It is pretty blurry. But, from the pic, it seems there are no children visisble there.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X