Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instructor Bobby Joe Blythe watches/films a student attacking a man in his school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on Dumfries, Virginia (if that helps):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumfries,_Virginia

Is there any possibility of tracking down the date for when Dennis received his black belt? This would help to establish a timeline. As pointed out earlier, there's no way the sun would still be shining in the middle of December at 7:00.

Comment

I just had a phone conversation with No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: rob [email protected]@[email protected]@View Profile: rob zingg</title>@@[email protected]@rob zingg (Yes he's a bully). He told me that mine was about the 99th call he has received asking for information on the Blythe/Dennis thing. I promissed him that I would post a public appeal for folks to stop contacting him at his Dojo. He is a member of this site. If you have a legit question, PM him. If you want to yell at someone, don't. Please take note of the fact that Mr Zingg left the Shindokan Dojo before the events in question took place. Although initially pissed about the call, he was very helpful in answering a few questions. He has given me all the information he intends to share. Again, this guy has nothing to do with this and is drowning in calls about the video. Let him be.

Sensei Zingg, if you are reading this, thank you for your civility and for taking the time to talk about something so difficult. You have my respect.
      Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
      Luta Livre flees the fight,
      Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
      Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

re: spectators ear identification

Originally posted by Samuel Browning View Post
        It doesn't look like him.
        Just a thought, but on Blythe's Youtube comments he mentions the NAPA employees having a conversation with the victim. This guys shirt sure looks like it could be an old NAPA work shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by sideshowsteve View Post
          Just a thought, but on Blythe's Youtube comments he mentions the NAPA employees having a conversation with the victim. This guys shirt sure looks like it could be an old NAPA work shirt.
          That's a good point. Either in the YouTube description or somewhere else it mentions the the victim was at the Auto Parts store near bye and they closed up early to go over and watch. Has anyone checked to see if that store is still open? It's a long shot but if anyone has the address of the dojo before it closed down it should be pretty easy to see if it's still open via google maps. Someone there might know who was employed there in 84 and be able to provide contact information. It's a fair assumption that any employee's at the time at least heard about it and several were probably witness's.

Comment

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...title&resnum=1

That is the location the dojo was located at and I can't see a NAPA store so it has apparently closed. The address to the dojo then was 4105 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22304

Comment

Just a quick note to all the people who are popping in. We genuinely appreciate the support and kudos. But we do our best to keep the discussions in this particular sub-forum "streamlined" and focused so if you'd like to chime in with those sorts of posts, feel free to post them here:

Bobby Joe Blythe YMAS Video Discussion: - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Again, thanks for your support and welcome to the best damn MMA and Martial Arts board ever known to mankind.

Comment

Originally posted by glowki View Post

That is the location the dojo was located at and I can't see a NAPA store so it has apparently closed. The address to the dojo then was 4105 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22304
                I though the dojo was in Dumfries, VA? Are you sure about that address? If so then then the Napa store was probably where the Texaco is now. Everything else looks like housing and even though it was a while ago anywhere else in that area would meant that the Napa was torn down and rezoned as residential property.

EDIT: It looks like the building has two business in it. A car rental place and a Mongolian Art Society. So if the address is correct one of those could be the studio and the other could have been the Auto Parts store.
                Last edited by Thirdape; 8/19/2009 6:26pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by glowki View Post

small world. my brother used to live a few blocks away, next to the george washington masonic national memorial.

i noticed on the willie junior dennis myspace page a pic of him appearing with a friend to be masons? not sure, but it looked like some fraternal organization. wouldn't be surprised if he was a mason at the george washington national memorial, if that has a chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdape View Post
                    I though the dojo was in Dumfries, VA? Are you sure about that address? If so then then the Napa store was probably where the Texaco is now. Everything else looks like housing and even though it was a while ago anywhere else in that area would meant that the Napa was torn down and rezoned as residential property.

EDIT: It looks like the building has two business in it. A car rental place and a Mongolian Art Society. So if the address is correct one of those could be the studio and the other could have been the Auto Parts store.
                    I compared the front of the building at that address with some clips from the female body guard news piece and they do not match up. Granted the clips are not that great and there may have been reconstruction but I don't think so. The window placement isn't right, there is a large curb now missing, and it appears to be a strip mall while the street view shows a lone building. The address is listed as the Investigation/Body guard service (from news clipping) address are we sure this is the same as the studio?

If we can nail down the exact address we can do a "search nearbye" from google map, just put a star in the search field, and have a list of local business's. One of which might be old enough to have some information.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdape View Post
                      That's a good point. Either in the YouTube description or somewhere else it mentions the the victim was at the Auto Parts store near bye and they closed up early to go over and watch. Has anyone checked to see if that store is still open? It's a long shot but if anyone has the address of the dojo before it closed down it should be pretty easy to see if it's still open via google maps. Someone there might know who was employed there in 84 and be able to provide contact information. It's a fair assumption that any employee's at the time at least heard about it and several were probably witness's.
                      Its still there, you can find it on google maps

Comment

Originally posted by ASBELTOMATO View Post
                        small world. my brother used to live a few blocks away, next to the george washington masonic national memorial.

i noticed on the willie junior dennis myspace page a pic of him appearing with a friend to be masons? not sure, but it looked like some fraternal organization. wouldn't be surprised if he was a mason at the george washington national memorial, if that has a chapter.
                        Yes, they were Masons. He even mentioned "The Craft" on his page.

Comment

Guys, our present research indicates Mr. Zingg was not involved in this beatdown, so you don't need to investigate him.

Comment

Got back from Canada and just caught up on this thread. Incredible work so far folks. Since getting back, I have contacted several folks I know in the press about this. I will keep you posted...

There needs to be some justice here. Time like this, I really am glad Bullshido is out there!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Many
                              My US geography = fail. (I'm not American.)

I had no idea where Alexandria was until I Googled it just now. In the original video, Blythe claimed he was in Washington DC for a job, so I assumed it had happened in the metro itself.

My apologies.
                              Don't worry, most Americans don't know where Alexandria, Virginia is either.

I think we need to quit focusing on the criminal/law enforcement side of this as the statute of limitations has long since passed, and instead focus our efforts on gathering evidence for a civil suit. Barring that, we should get this information out to as many people as possible for the sake of publicly shaming the people involved with this.

Comment

The first thing to figure out is the confirmed, 100% certain, physical location of the school, and the general time of the event.

Many other things can be determined from that.

Was a body (living or deceased) found in a dumpster there? If the physical address is known, a specific time for the event can be determined from that, most likely. Similarly, if an accurate date/time were known, a search for a found body (living or not) on that date could be made.

Conjecture should be based on concrete evidence. Even the smallest bit of concrete evidence yields more than ambitious, uncritical guesswork.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X