Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instructor Bobby Joe Blythe watches/films a student attacking a man in his school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is assault! I hope the police were already informed.

Comment

Originally posted by armandowilke View Post
      That is assault! I hope the police were already informed.
      maybe **just maybe** the answer to that question is in this very thread!

start reading.

Comment

Seriously no one interfered? Yeah I mean I understand the mental or the discipline but stomping the head didnt alert anybody that it has to stop?

Comment

Originally posted by armandowilke View Post
          Seriously no one interfered? Yeah I mean I understand the mental or the discipline but stomping the head didnt alert anybody that it has to stop?
          seriously, read the thread.

Comment

I watched this video a few years ago. An absolute disgrace to the martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nedukan View Post
              I watched this video a few years ago. An absolute disgrace to the martial arts.
              It's a shame you can't appreciate realistic training.

Comment

Full disclosure; this is the video that led me to Bullshido.

Comment

Comment

I was career Marine, and went to Okinawa in January 1971, not long after Blythe left. Apparently he was stationed on Okinawa a few years, in the mid-late 1960s. I trained there under an Okinawan Sensei (roku dan in Tozan-ryu, named Seiko Izu) who had also trained Blythe. Also, a couple of Marines, "old timers" at the dojo knew Blythe. Over the years since, I have known other Marine martial artists who also knew Blythe. One Marine, Larry Isaac, spoke of him in a book he recently published: WHEREVER THE PATH LEADS. In the book, Isaac recalls training briefly at Blythe's dojo in VA, in 1972, with fond memories of the rigorous training. I bet if he'd read this thread before he wrote the book, he woulda left Blythe out of it.

I believe Blyth got out of the MC as a SGT/E5, after 5-10 years' service, around 1970. He then opened a dojo in VA. I had never heard anything negative about him, till I stumbled onto this thread and another one, both on Bushido. I must say these threads have been both astonishing and embarrassing.

I did not see the subject video, but tried, and every link led to a dead end. Having skimmed this thread, and another 145 page thread, I pretty much get the picture. If the allegations are true, and Blythe seems to have confirmed it himself, IMHO he is a disgrace to the MC, and is not worthy of any rank in martial arts. Nothing he learned in the MC, on Okinawa, nor in any, "old school dojo" taught him to be the POS that he apparently is. His behavior, and lack of remorse paint him as a disgusting individual, and not as a Marine or karateka. He would not make a pimple on a Marine's a**. As a retired Marine, I am embarrassed he ever wore the uniform. I only wish he could be taken back in, just long enough for court martial and a dishonorable discharge.
                    Last edited by cmphansen71; 8/15/2017 6:23pm, .

Comment

Thank you. I've seen the video. I thought it was apparent the guy they brought into their dojo had mental issues, and the beating they tossed his way after the fight was totally uncalled for.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                        Full disclosure; this is the video that led me to Bullshido.
                        me too. saw another guy at the office browsing this thread and watching the video. felt righteous anger, so I signed up for great justice.

Originally posted by cmphansen71 View Post
                        I did not see the subject video, but tried, and every link led to a dead end. Having skimmed this thread, and another 145 page thread, I pretty much get the picture..
                        please try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsPmHZjK_ZA

news story (with some parts edited) about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4GEB7lhKBA

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X