Martial Arts Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martial Arts Madness

I don't know what has happened to the tradition of Martial Arts, but the water downed versions are frustrating. It's cool to add spice and flavor to the "fight" if you are not losing the true fighting spirit. I don't mean that you have to walk out of class beat up and bloody-- not at all in fact -- just with some genuine skill. Genuine skill to actually not have to fight or that one technique would be all that it takes to deter a would be attacker. Let's dump the JUNK, the BRAVADO and the senseless training. Respect the true essence of the arts - nuff said.

Looking for a quality school in MD -- any suggestions?

I suggest you read stickies of the sub forums you are posting in.Threads like this go into Newbietown.

Comment

Originally posted by mariemelas View Post
      I don't know what has happened to the tradition of Martial Arts, but the water downed versions are frustrating. It's cool to add spice and flavor to the "fight" if you are not losing the true fighting spirit. I don't mean that you have to walk out of class beat up and bloody-- not at all in fact -- just with some genuine skill. Genuine skill to actually not have to fight or that one technique would be all that it takes to deter a would be attacker. Let's dump the JUNK, the BRAVADO and the senseless training. Respect the true essence of the arts - nuff said.

Like a writing school?

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post
        Like a writing school?
        Where is your sense of creativity? a writing-martial arts school... you write for an hour then train.
        This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mariemelas View Post

Where are you in Maryland oh Newbster? Are you in Baltimore?
          This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X