American Jui-Jitsu Association -AJA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Jui-Jitsu Association -AJA

Does anyone know anything about these guys?
    Mainly what rules they compete under?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

link?

Comment

http://www.americanjujitsuassociation.org/

Edit:

This seems familiar.......Phrost, can you comment?
      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Yeah, I thought I might have heard the name before, but couldn't remember if it was good or bad...although, I am guessing probably bad.
        And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

I have no idea, but being the history buff I found http://www.budoshin.com/about.html and it's about the founder, G. Kirby and his own instuctor, Seki, a mixed race guy from California that studied under Kano and others. Interesting little bio there on Seki. Sounds like quite the martial artist. Kirby has books out and has taught for decades so some one should know about him on site.
          "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

I know Kirby. Basically JJJ (you know all the criticisms already). I didn't know that they competed at all...

Comment

BWAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!

Who's the dork second last on the left?

bwwahaahahahaahaha

Yeah I know these guys, pretty cool org but don't expect BJJ style grappling.
              Last edited by Omega; 1/12/2004 5:42pm, .

Comment

Dork? That guy is pretty tasty!!!!

He looks like he could kick Crimson Tiger's ass!
                Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Comment

One Kirby's guys trains with me. Quite versed in Aiki style Jujitsu, we've trained him hard on practicality though.

Comment

Don't know these guys very well.. My instructor is Steve Crawford, different "AJJ".

Our "American Jujitsu" is basically MMA training. We've only got one guy that even wears a gi in class, and most of the fighters aren't really concerned with belt ranks, although we have a ranking system available for those who care about it. (The BB test involves 75 minutes of consecutive 3 minute rounds of fighting fresh opponents with no breaks between.)

That said, traditional JJ has a lot to teach that's left out of many MMA-focussed schools, including many holds that are illegal in MMA.

Comment

ok thank you Phrost, confused me for a bit as I lost your site url....

Nice BB test though

Comment

Yeah, it's impressive. But I dunno if I'll ever get my BB with my absolute hatred of working Cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by omega
                          One Kirby's guys trains with me. Quite versed in Aiki style Jujitsu, we've trained him hard on practicality though.
                          Ask him what thier sparing is like if you do not mind.

Comment

Ah what part of the Aiki style jujitsu didn't you understand, they do limited Randori that's about it.

Comment

Dear Martial Artist,
                              The American Ju-Jitsu Association, a national governing body for amateur jujitsu competition in the United States, is gearing up for a number of tournaments on the east & west coast of the United States for 2004. Competition in California is limited to "freestyle kata" competition. Tournament on the east coast may also involve an optional "randori/kumite" type competition. Competition in both venues is by belt rank and possibly age grouping. Competition is open to any ryu of jujitsu, children & adults, & both sexes compete in the same divisions. We also welcome competitors from other countries.
                              You do not need to be an AJA member to participate in AJA tournaments although AJA membership is encouraged.
                              If you or your dojo are interested in participating in our tournaments in 2004, either as a competitor or observer, please send me an e-mail. If you do this I will keep you posted & send you materials as soon as they become available.

Most cordially,
                              George Kirby, 10th dan
                              BOD Chairman, AJA
                              [email protected]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X