Bjj in Dallas TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bjj in Dallas TX

I may be moving to Dallas, so what is out there in terms of BJJ training(besides Carlos Machado-I'll be a poor graduate student)

I think the Lion's Den has a school out there if you were intrested in any MMA stuff, but other than Carlos Machado, I never found any other BJJ when I lived there.

Comment

There are these guys:

www.mohlerjiu-jitsu.com

A buddy of mine trains there...he digs it.

Comment

Lots of places.

There's Carlos Machado, of course.

North Dallas Jiu-Jitsu
        http://www.ndbjj.com/

Travis Lutter BJJ Academy (Machado Black Belt)
        http://www.nextgenbjj.com/

I think Guy Mezger's Gym (Lion's Den) doesn't explicitly teach BJJ, but goes for more no-gi submission wrestling.

I train at Machado Jiu-Jitsu, and have a friend that trains at Mohler's. Carlos teaches almost all the classes (except when he's out of town or his wife is having a kid or something).

Comment

Thanks for the help. I've heard a lot of good things about the Machado school.

Comment

How much does the machado school cost, anyway?
            And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

125 for 2x a week, 180 for unlimited

Comment

Machado lists it as $180 a month for unlimited, but he discounts it...I think everyone who is doing unlimited is really paying $162 a month (that is what I am paying).

Night classes are usually not too crowded, tops there are usually 25-30 people there, although I've been some nights when there were as few as 8 (close to the holidays, and Thursdays always seem to be everyone's off-night).

Class mixture is pretty good, there is no beginner's and advanced class, it's all mixed together, so if you are a white belt, you'll have plenty of opportunity to roll and get tapped by blues, purples, and browns.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X