Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PizDoff
    replied
    You have got to stop picking on children.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky16
    replied
    at my Hapkido school we do sort of a mix of the two, i suppose. we really rotate into the kick, turn/throw the hip in, pivot the standing foot a full 90+degrees, and follow through to some degree, but it still feels kinda snappy. either way, it seems to work pretty damned well... kicking MT style pads on a classmate's arm i can just about knock most people over with one roundhouse...

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shuma-Gorath
    replied
    Well, that's it. My snapping roundhouse kick has been erased and I'm going to practice the Thai version all weekend. Thank you, Ben, for that video site.

Since the Karate and Thai front kicks are almost the same, and Karate has the sidekick, my linear kicking will remain unchanged.

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied
    "I'm having difficulty adjusting to the motions of muy thai kicks."

Strange.....since I never learned the snap fucked up roundhouse kicks first, I just started twisting my hip first to generate power.
    This was before I had even heard of Muay THai or that way of kicking.

Leave a comment:

• alex
    replied
    we do thai roundhouse style kicks at our kung fu school. I also used to do pissant snappy roundhouse kicks, fast, but nowhere near as effective.

Leave a comment:

• Shuma-Gorath
    replied
    Originally posted by SakeOwnz
    Yes, I must admit the kicks are far more devastating then snap motion round kicks. The guys in my class could drive straight through me with those kicks. I came from TKD (of course) and I would really like to get out of the bad habits it developed in my roundhouse.
    Almost in the same boat here. My Karate roundhouse is terribly weak, even when I magically get my hips into it. I'd love to learn a proper thai roundhouse.

Leave a comment:

• MrMcFu
    replied
    oh shit nevermind.

carry on with whatever you were doing before please.

Leave a comment:

• SakeOwnz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMcFu
    replied
    STFU n00b!! How dare you come around asking reasonable questions!!!

Leave a comment:

• SakeOwnz
    replied
    Hey thats an awsome site, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• NHB_Ben
    replied
    If you sign up for a membership here they have a lot of good videos on basic Muay Thai techniques. http://www.wffchampionships.com/

Leave a comment:

• SakeOwnz
    replied
    Yes, I must admit the kicks are far more devastating then snap motion round kicks. The guys in my class could drive straight through me with those kicks. I came from TKD (of course) and I would really like to get out of the bad habits it developed in my roundhouse.

Leave a comment:

• IronBuddha
    replied
    bonjasky also has a mean knee if you wanted footage on knees in action. he ko's people with them.

and he did this sick flying round kick to this guy in vegas..........

Leave a comment:

• IronBuddha
    replied
    i have this pic of bonjasky kicking bob sapp in the head off ko.sherdog.

sooo sweet. perfect rotation and alignment.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X