Knife Hand Strikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife Hand Strikes

Has anyone else actually used knife hand strikes successfully ?
    Be it in sparring,general training or a real fight.Most people I find prefer to use the conventional fist or a palm strike.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

well where do you hit? chances of actually hitting someone in the throat with anything is pretty fahkin slim, and hitting anywhere else with a knife hand simply doesnt hurt as much as a punch.

Comment

The side of the neck is the best targeet I think for a knife hand strike. Take your own hand and whack yourself there once pretty good. It smarts! You have major nerves and arteries there, plus the spine is at its weakest point in the neck. It can, potentially, drop an opponent to his knees as a good stunning blow.

I've not used it in a real fight, but have numerous times in sparring and had good results with it. it is a technique that deserves a lot of attention to control because there is the potential to really screw up a persons neck if done to hard.

If you can do it to a persons throat in a real fight, where life or death is the option, you can crush the asophogus (sp?)..or at least, hurt it pretty well.

Comment

I agree with tallpaul50. The side of the neck hurts very badly when struck right with the knifehand. I also agree with Edge regarding the collarbone. It breaks easily and immobilizes the arm it's connected to.
        You get sidelined for a looong time afterward.

Comment

if set up properly, feet point to the rear balance point, an ura or omote shuto to the general head area can bring your opponent right down. timing is of much greater importence and it should be a sort of finishing move, if that makes sense. also, i'd be real careful about "knife edge" strikes to the neck, be prepared to kill the person cause thats what may happen. there will be questions to answer.

Comment

yes, your lead foot should be point towards the opponents rear balance point. so when the shuto comes in he bends over his hips and losses balance that way. they dont teach you this stuff?

Comment

lol. can i have a kiss?

Comment

Good lord what an idiot.

How many people have you killed with this technique?

"The only important elements in any society
                are the artistic and the criminal,
                because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
                can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Comment

please try to relax and have a serious discussion here Edge. my god, if u can be unbalanced this easily with simple words that were not even intended to have a negative conotaion, i think u may want to seek professional help there. you talking to me hedge? I dont kill anyone, this is just a principle idea. yes in a real fight one must take what they can get, but i wouldnt use a shuto unless the opponent was off balance anways. this is why i referted to it as a finisher idea rather than just a normal attack. this not a check hit. those are for arms, not necks. the neck is too far inside the opponents range of influence.

So sorry for any disrepect Edge. Forgivness please.
                  Last edited by dopefish; 1/05/2004 1:29pm, .

Comment

Here is how you use a "knife hand":
                    Beat the living fuck out of whoever you are fighting, now, as he is basicly out on his feet, grap his hair, pull it back making his chin point up exposing his throat, now, take your opposite hand, make a "knife hand" formation, SLAM !!! that "shuto" into his neck/thoat, step back and let him fall.
                    Any questions?

Comment

i can already tell im going to love it here. and the professional help was not an insult. i am serious, for your own sake. i dont want you to have to live a life where you are trapped by your own rage at what is unfamiliar or you dont understand at the time. sorry for having compassion. i can see you do not wish to listen so i guess this is the end of this line of conversation. it was nice meeting you edge. hopefully we can speak under better terms at some other time.

shiken harimitsu daikomyo

Comment

heh. thats a nice technique there ronin. i like it.

Comment

Uh...I suggest you two have a knife-hand attack ONLY match. Full contact. We'll see who's theory works out or whatever.

The rest of us will watch and document the effectiveness of knife-hands from afar.
                          Punches in bunches and kicks kicks kicks!

Comment

I'll also be taking bets.

My money is on edge....anyone got fish? 4:1 odds. =)
                            Punches in bunches and kicks kicks kicks!

Comment

I know Edge, 20 bucks on Edge, 2nd rd TKO by "shuto" to the armpit !

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X