No announcement yet.

Portugal Jujitsu Shihan Helder Nunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could be of interest in Ottawa. I believe Mr. nunes has done a variety of seminars here and may have done some rank testing.

Comment

not only

Originally posted by Cdnronin
      This could be of interest in Ottawa. I believe Mr. nunes has done a variety of seminars here and may have done some rank testing.
      In Ottawa
      http://www.webbsma.com/news_march04.html

But also in Germany, England, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Ireland. He is a sort of embassador of the organization of Soke Morris.
      Morris doesnt get along with his former student Brian Cheek, so when Helder Nunes received a 4th Dan from Cheek, he ran to Morris saying Cheek was a lot of things, and Morris gave him 5th Dan. Karlsson one year later gave him 6th Dan. This gentleman doesnt have 40 years of age.
      He graduated a few students in Ottawa, they must be genius like him.
      Bullshido, money talks, honour walks.

Comment

gee!

I actually trained for this guy last year. summer camp at Jan Erik Karlsson.
        Had no idea bout this, he seemed alittle young for his rank, I believe I am older then him(38 in august) and i hold the rank of 4 th dan after 22 years of training.

What I recall from him and his training is that he was a nice guy and had much energy while instructing. Talked alot in the gardenparty, but who didnt? ;)

Got any idea for how long he has been doing ju jutsu?

Comment

Nice guy

Originally posted by ezdub View Post
          gee!

I actually trained for this guy last year. summer camp at Jan Erik Karlsson.
          Had no idea bout this, he seemed alittle young for his rank, I believe I am older then him(38 in august) and i hold the rank of 4 th dan after 22 years of training.

What I recall from him and his training is that he was a nice guy and had much energy while instructing. Talked alot in the gardenparty, but who didnt? ;)

Got any idea for how long he has been doing ju jutsu?

This gentleman had a false brown belt diploma in 2000/2001, when he got a 1st Dan Black belt, so he practices JuJitsu for eight years.
          I have send an email to his colleagues in Jujitsu International, and almost all of them or didnt know or didnt answer.
          But a few defende him, altough i am just saying the truth, if dont believe me, research.
          One of them is
          Oliver Gugel
          Jiu Jitsu International Germany
          6th Dan Jiu Jitsu

who was a little bit rude, and he seemed to me, very young to be also a 6th Dan.
          :toothy5:Uarever

Comment

Originally posted by manlobeiro View Post
            This gentleman had a false brown belt diploma in 2000/2001, when he got a 1st Dan Black belt, so he practices JuJitsu for eight years.
            I have send an email to his colleagues in Jujitsu International, and almost all of them or didnt know or didnt answer.
            But a few defende him, altough i am just saying the truth, if dont believe me, research.
            One of them is
            Oliver Gugel
            Jiu Jitsu International Germany
            6th Dan Jiu Jitsu

who was a little bit rude, and he seemed to me, very young to be also a 6th Dan.
            :toothy5:Uarever
            jeesus!

I took my 3rd dan in 2001, and now I have 4th.
            Some have it easier
            Might have some more info about him soon.

Comment

Hello mr lobeiro. I just would like to know about do you have proofs?? you must know him very well or from who did you gett all this information.

Comment

It appears that Nunes is still claiming his banner teaching Judo...

http://www.jiujitsuinternational.co....r_portugal.php

As for the Ottawa work he is involved in, there was an investigation on Nunes involvement in Ottawa, but the the Thread by NooB Graplex was tangled into a web about Religion...and the Bullshido members backed off...

Warriors of God Martial Arts - No BS Martial Arts

...This club is run by bullshido member Tapout74 aka Mike Carrier, who is a very nice guy and seems to have gotten his life sorted out.

The investigation thread was unsalvagable...but the lingering question was who is Carrier and Nunes is his lineage has stayed with me. I tried to email Tapout74, but he has not posted enough to receive PMs, as I have some further questions and a branch of this investigation.

Comment

Ma_sensei
                  I know him, i trained with him.
                  If you want proofs come to Portugal, or contact Helder Nunes sensei

Comment

I remember Nunes comming to San Diego to teach a Judo Seminar! Man this guy gets around.

Comment

Hey KO'd N DOA,

My e-mail address is [email protected]. I'll answer any questions you have about Helder.

Mike Carrier
                      Last edited by tapout74; 2/27/2009 10:58am, .

Comment

Well all I can say is: I have known Helder and Mike for many years Via WKF and WEBBS. Neither one has done a personal foul to me and both are very skilled men in Juko shin Ryu Jui Jitsu and Can Ryu Jiu Jitsu.

I do not agree with padding documents to represent higher grades than what you are by anyone. Friend or not. But I will not turn my back on a friend regardless.

Helder is a very talented person and one can still learn a lot from him and Mike is exceptional in Jiu Jitsu to say the least.

I have been in the martial arts since 1973 and I currently hold a 4th dan in Juko Shin Ryu from Soke Bryan Cheek himself.

I have also known Prof Richard Morris since the late 80's very early 90's, I have studied under both men and both these men are amazing in what they do as well.
                        I would not discredit either of them.

People make mistakes. I will not judge Helder based on this but based on what I learned from him that I did not know before taught it to me.

Belts don't make teachers. Skills and ability make teachers..
                        But I do feel it takes away from all the hard work everyone else had to endure to earn their respective ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by kellyd View Post
                          Well all I can say is: I have known Helder and Mike for many years Via WKF and WEBBS. Neither one has done a personal foul to me and both are very skilled men in Juko shin Ryu Jui Jitsu and Can Ryu Jiu Jitsu.

I do not agree with padding documents to represent higher grades than what you are by anyone. Friend or not. But I will not turn my back on a friend regardless.

Helder is a very talented person and one can still learn a lot from him and Mike is exceptional in Jiu Jitsu to say the least.

I have been in the martial arts since 1973 and I currently hold a 4th dan in Juko Shin Ryu from Soke Bryan Cheek himself.

I have also known Prof Richard Morris since the late 80's very early 90's, I have studied under both men and both these men are amazing in what they do as well.
                          I would not discredit either of them.

People make mistakes. I will not judge Helder based on this but based on what I learned from him that I did not know before taught it to me.

Belts don't make teachers. Skills and ability make teachers..
                          But I do feel it takes away from all the hard work everyone else had to endure to earn their respective ranks.
                          Belts dont make teachers.
                          Ethic make's teachers.
                          Helder Nunes is a fraud. He does not have the technical knowledge that you say he does. I have trained with him, I dont know him from a fancy seminar.
                          My personal opinion is that frauds must be kept outside the martial arts world, and a martial artist must give the example.
                          No need to defend Helder Nunes, he is not a teacher or a martial artist.Ask any of his students. Hell, ask any of his portuguese masters.

Cheers

Comment

Well Helder must have some technical ability to have gotten somewhere and received belts from other masters.
                            I am not defending his actions.
                            I am saying he has never done anything wrong to me.
                            I don't agree with what was done. But so far, all I have seen is one mans post to say thins was done.
                            If it is true or not, is not for me to say but I would like to see more proof if there is any before I jump on the bandwagon to burn Helder at the stake here.

I am sure if any of us was in this postition, we would like there to be solid prrof one way or another.
                            It took me years to earn my belts and I will be the first to say "F#&* you you C*&@ smoker" if / when it is proven 100%.

Comment

I do not know how ranking is done in Portugal, but hereabouts (Germany/Austria/Switzerland) ranking commissions are pretty standard.

So if you have a 1st dan and think you are ready for second, you just attend the next test (most organizations hold them pretty regularly), show the commission what you learned and if they think you fullfill the standards of a 2nd dan, you get ranked.

This of course means, that people do not have to wait for their teachers to bestow the magical spell of "I ranketh thee blackbelt" onto them. Which might mean that they rank faster then with traditional ranking.

Add to that the fact that many organizations see all belts above 5th dan as purely honorary ranks (e.g. you can't test for them, but get them as a reward for exceptional commitment) and you get the picture of how a younger person might end up with a 6th dan.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X