Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocker Academy, Snake Blocker?

Alright guys,

Here's one that more able minds and connected bodies can work over. I used to personally train at this guys studio in Rancho Palos Verdes when I was 16-17. I recently set about tracking down the history of my various teachers, and this guys info rang all sorts of bells. When I was a kid, I didn't bother checking out any website, I just wanted some training on JKD and kickboxing.

Here's the URL for his main site: http://www.blockeracademy.com

At the time I was there, he was teaching escrima, JKD, kickboxing, knifeplay.

Thanks much.

We are already working on that tangled web. It's really complicated.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

His (Ivan Silva) last IKF bout was a first round KO over California's David Blocker on April 23rd, 1998. - http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/newsp99jan-june.htm

Bout #6 IKKC World Jr. Welterweight Championship George "TNT" Tsutsui (Fairtex) defeated David "Snake" Blocker 2:38 3rd round TKO. - http://www.usmta.com/MTI-Review-1.htm

Brian Warren defeats Snake Blocker, unknown fight.. - YouTube - Brian vs Snake Blocker 2

Overall, I'm happy.. He at least had some ring experience (even if he lost), so I didn't quite waste my time there. Good luck though in the search for the truth!

Oh and this might help: Snake Blocker has also fought under the names of Jason Blocker, David Blocker, Kicking Dog, David Broker, Hummingbird, Mamba, and Snake Broker

Pulled it from the site.
      Last edited by twitch-; 1/06/2009 9:04am, .

Comment

I heard about David "Snake" Blocker when I did a Google search for pictures of the port where my reserve unit was deployed. Once I read his bio, I contacted his chain of command in his reserve unit. Mr. Blocker is a U.S. Navy reserve Storekeeper - the guy you go to to get gear issued or order stuff. He is not, contrary to his claims, a "Special Forces Drill Instructor" or "Military CQC Instructor". I also contacted him, and his "explainations" of who authorized him to claim the titles he does are the worst sort of legalistic, hair-splitting double-talk imagineable. "Snake" Blocker MAY be a martial artist with some ring experience - but having your picture taken in your uniform swinging around a 4' broadsword in a rear-area camp in Kuwait is nothing to brag about. Neither is claiming to have "trained with" Special Operations forces - almost everyone in the military in the last 7 years can gin up that claim. The guy is a fraud. I've e-mailed him to that effect, and if I am ever unlucky enough to run into him in person, i'll say it to his face.

Comment

If you just hold onto this thread for a while it will fit into the rest of the "web" that scrapper describes. Since you are not a supporting member, you don't have access to some of the other threads. But it basically comes down to credential swapping between him and a bunch of other people. Including some people who are selling credentials.

So in a nut shell, he has had some kickboxing experience, which makes him one of the few in the "web" who have verifiable training. However, the rest of the stuff he claims is pure bull shit.

So don't waist your time. Or better yet, waist your time but do a thorough job of it and document every step of the way.
          Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

What's with the snake dancing...

Comment

Hey guys.

I just spent the last week and a half with Snake getting him certified MACP Lvl 1 at Bagram. (course is normally a week but is split into two weeks due to work schedules) I knew nothing about him until that class and was introduced to him. I googled him and it led me here. I've only browsed his site and talked with him a bit in class. I don't have much but I can at least say that he does due what a lot of MA instructors connected to the Military do and that is claim to be a "Military [insert system] instructor" Technically he is telling the truth. He does teach MA, mainly kickboxing, on the SF camp/compound during the week and has trained with a mix of troops that get together by Blackjack gym on the weekends. As far as skill level goes I have haven't seen his whole repertoire but he has kickboxing skill and was one of the better students in the class because he was physically fight. Grappling wise he around a intermediate BJJ white belt level. I will be working more with him when I go back to BAF next month.
              ______
              Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
              -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
              The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
              -Daniel Tosh

Comment

I was sold on his legitimacy when I saw him smash that skull on Deadliest Warrior...

Comment

Originally posted by Gezere View Post
                  Hey guys.

I just spent the last week and a half with Snake getting him certified MACP Lvl 1 at Bagram. (course is normally a week but is split into two weeks due to work schedules) I knew nothing about him until that class and was introduced to him. I googled him and it led me here. I've only browsed his site and talked with him a bit in class. I don't have much but I can at least say that he does due what a lot of MA instructors connected to the Military do and that is claim to be a "Military [insert system] instructor" Technically he is telling the truth. He does teach MA, mainly kickboxing, on the SF camp/compound during the week and has trained with a mix of troops that get together by Blackjack gym on the weekends. As far as skill level goes I have haven't seen his whole repertoire but he has kickboxing skill and was one of the better students in the class because he was physically fight. Grappling wise he around a intermediate BJJ white belt level. I will be working more with him when I go back to BAF next month.
                  See if you can find out anything on Mike Ombergovich

Comment

Yeah, ask him if he was contacted and given those certs like a few others have been. Or maybe he will want to come on here some time and tell his side?
                    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Hello All,

Sorry to resurrect a 1 1/2 year-old thread; especially in my first post to these forums. But I found this site from a Google search on "Snake Blocker". Evidently, Mr. Blocker has been in contact with my (now ex) girlfriend. Apparently they go back some years.

In my own research (aside from his kick-boxing experience), the only legitimate instructor that Snake Blocker lists in his credentials, who I recognize, is Paul Vunak.

So I contacted an old training partner of mine, Seth Weil, who is one of Sifu Vunak's top instructors. According to Seth, he's never heard of "Snake Blocker"; and that most likely, Mr. Blocker was certified through one of Sifu Vunak's weekend seminars. I was also informed that Sifu Vunak & his organization are no longer recognizing these "past" certifications.

HTG

Comment

He is also connected some how with Hock Hochheim..... another winner. I wonder if he is really Jicarilla Apache as he claims to be.

Comment

LOL I remember this tool. We all had a laugh on another forum about him, then somebody found his facebook page so we all befriended him. He defriended me when I openly challenged his claims on FB about his muay thai background.

I keep in touch with one of his family members (not blood) so if you're hard up for information I can probably approach them but I'd rather not get them involved unless it's necessary. Needless to say his muay thai skills are ummm certainly unorthadox and there are a couple of his fights on youtube. His real name is Jason Blocker.

Here you can see his shitty technique in action. Stupid floating lead arm and no sense of range whatsoever. Shit guard, open jaw, shit footwork, whoever thought he was competent enough to hold his own the ring is clearly insane.

@ 2:38 he is very lucky not to get kneed in the face. You can tell has no idea what to do in the clinch.

Unbelieveably, there is an even worse fight of his than this but I can't fight it right now.
                          Last edited by heist; 3/22/2011 9:01am, .

Comment

Didn't he at one point have a training session with Geezere while deployed, or is that my head voice saying things that never happened... again?
                            =================
                            Kama Sutra blue belt.

Originally posted by Emevas
                            I used to fuck guys like you in prison.
                            Originally posted by Rock Ape
                            Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Comment

Blocker has spent time in many USO's overseas.

Also, he has t-shirts, aprons, ties, and skateboards with his sayings, etc.

http://www.zazzle.com/snakeblocker
                              "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X