T'ai Chi, Xing Yi, and/or Aikido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T'ai Chi, Xing Yi, and/or Aikido

Any reputable schools in Orange County, California?

You bet!, Tim Cartmell's Shen Wu school. For more information check out his website and forum. I should mention I am not one of his students, as I live in Taiwan and he lives in California so this is not "student praise teacher" talk.

take care,
    Brian

Comment

Yes.

For taijiquan or xingyiquan, I'd ask at emptyflower.com or shenwu.com (Cartmell's school is in Orange County). You'd be well-served to be more specific about what your needs.

Besides Cartmell, I know another neijia guy in Orange County who also cross-trains at an MMA gym. He teaches informally and is less well-known.

I'm not sure where Su Dong Chen is, but I think he's more Los Angeles proper than Orange County.

Comment

why do you refer to aikido? Thought you thought it was gay and it sucked. Not taking the piss, am actually curious.

Comment

Thanks guys. I was definitely thinking of checking out Cartmell's school, as I've heard lots of good things about it.

My basic wants are to taste the CMA's (internal, specifically) and Aikido. The philosophy appeals to me in terms of movement and flow.

Comment

How far is Orange County from the Bay Area?
            "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
            - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

fair enough. I'll say though with aikido if you don't take it up full on it would probably just piss you off. Its pretty abstract stuff.

Comment

Sonoma to Orange

Originally posted by The_Ghost
                How far is Orange County from the Bay Area?
                It took me 7 hours to drive from Fairfield to Mission Viejo.

Comment

Not taking the piss, am actually curious.
                  Hi, this is America. I'm gonna have to politely ask you ro stop using your fruity British colloquialisms in my presence.

Thanks,

Your Pal,

The USA
                  Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

Boyd... outrageous and delightful
                    keep up the good work
                    your pal
                    Donny "deeznutz" Rumsfeld
                    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
                    -Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

Comment

sorry I forgot which world power Australians' were kissing arse too these days.

Comment

All of them.
                        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

yeah but there's usually like, one big one, has singapore fallen yet? Wireless is on the blink.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X