No announcement yet.

Yogameditation and Spooky Interaction at a Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't Lindsey Goldstein ever call me back after I left her multiple messages over the span of many days?

Why did the licensing site we found state that she was licensed not as a doctor but a doctor's assistant?

Comment

BSD, you've answered your own question... if you graduate with a Doctorate Degree, you still have to get Board Certification to get the Doctor's "license". Since i havent spoken with her in ages, I dont know if she has her license yet or not or even wants one...

As far as licenses go.. i think you need a license to practice but if you want to consult privately or write books or work under someone else with a license... all you need is a Phd or Equivalent... I THINK i'm accurate on this.

Comment

Originally posted by yogameditation
        BSD, you've answered your own question... if you graduate with a Doctorate Degree, you still have to get Board Certification to get the Doctor's "license". Since i havent spoken with her in ages, I dont know if she has her license yet or not or even wants one...

As far as licenses go.. i think you need a license to practice but if you want to consult privately or write books or work under someone else with a license... all you need is a Phd or Equivalent... I THINK i'm accurate on this.
        You know what? YOU actually answered the question yourself.

so I've removed all instances of The Doc's name and contact info.
        This speaks VOLUMES.

Eh... in the end, the proof is in the putting right?
        Pudding not putting.

Comment

If you'd just written Lindsey Goldstein, PsyD, you would have been ok. If you'd written Dr Lindsey Goldstein, you would have been on shaky ground, but you probably could get away with it. By writing Dr Lindsey Goldstein, PsyD, you're using the convention used by practicing physicians to distinguish their professional qualifications from their academic ones.

Thing is though, if you haven't talked to her in ages, why did you even have her listed as a contact person up until just now. That's pretty shoddy.

the paypal button was addressed to a different email address. I keep my different projects organized by email accounts as well as by product/item names
          If you say so. Wouldn't it have been easier, and more transparent, to just call the thing what it was? Did paypal know it was a charity? I think they handle those things differently.

Crack, BSD, All,
          I was actually starting to kinda feel like a mini celeb with all this attention im getting till i noticed that the post on William Aguillar III has 10TIMES the number of views as this thread does!
          You are not a beautiful snowflake, deal with it.

Comment

[/color][/color]

Hooky, Time is not the issue with mastery. This is why the buddhas talk of awakening. You are always a master and you will always be a master. If it took a year of training to WAKE YOU UP to the realization that YOU are a master... then it can also take a single second to become awakened.

[color=#008000][color=#cccccc]

1. Yes. I seek gain. What's un-taoist about that? I advocate and encourage all to live wealthy, healthy, and wise.

2. Do i seek control and use a fear based life strategy? please cite examples.

Wan perhaps you could elucidate something of your Taoist training for us , as I explained in my post the Taoism i have been exposed to is from certain lineages and nothing you have said rings any bells with regards to those teachings [ i do not claim to know all of their teachings ] .

Mastery implies something to be a master of, a thing has to be learned to be 'mastered ' that takes time.. perhaps you could also explain why you consider ' mastery ' and ' awakening' [which you have now placed in a buddhist context] to be the same?

With regards to [1] : as I said ' gain ' was not part of any Taoist teaching I recieved but of course it may have been for you so, as above a little clarification on your Taoist lineage might help. You really are so kind to ' advocate' health, wealth, and wisdom for all. Thats a winner.
            With regards to [2] : do you watch any of your videos ? Do you read the comments? [ well I know you do as you block my comments] .

Comment

Originally posted by hooky
              Wan perhaps you could elucidate something of your Taoist training for us , as I explained in my post the Taoism i have been exposed to is from certain lineages and nothing you have said rings any bells with regards to those teachings [ i do not claim to know all of their teachings ] .

Mastery implies something to be a master of, a thing has to be learned to be 'mastered ' that takes time.. perhaps you could also explain why you consider ' mastery ' and ' awakening' [which you have now placed in a buddhist context] to be the same?

With regards to [1] : as I said ' gain ' was not part of any Taoist teaching I recieved but of course it may have been for you so, as above a little clarification on your Taoist lineage might help. You really are so kind to ' advocate' health, wealth, and wisdom for all. Thats a winner.
              With regards to [2] : do you watch any of your videos ? Do you read the comments? [ well I know you do as you block my comments] .
              Hi Hooky, I appreciate the open minded inquiry about my perspective of these questions...

1. in my youtube account, I GENERALLY delete all (i really dont know how i created this italics effect!) multiple comments and off topic comments and yes... I ONLY delete permaban people IF their arguements are in a distracting tone. You'll find tons of comments where people have strongly disagreed with me and if they do so in a civil manner... i keep the comments there. Especially see the Brazilian Juijitsu VS Kung Fu Video.

2. Gain. Gain is an illusion. BUT... you, me, everyone else who is reading this CHOSE this illusion. Every second that we CHOOSE to keep living, we choose to stay within this game called life. For most people, you never realize that Gain is an illusion until you have everything you lusted for. Then you realize its all empty because you've always had it... and you always will. The difference between your car and my car is simple. A few sheets a paper and whos pocket the key is in. The difference between your money and mine is simple. They both sit in the same bank. Only 4 arbitrary construct pin numbers keep them separated. And you only realize this along the "path" or "tao."

So I advocate that everyone pursue their dreams passionately. Just know that for every pebble you drop into the pond, there will be many ripples that point straight back to the pebble that broke the stillness.

I dont wanna go toooo far off topic... but as far as I'm concerned... since you bring up buddhism... most buddhists try to be like buddha. But WHICH ONE? And do we really know what that buddha was like? OR is it that we impose our own opinion of how an enlightend being would act, speak, do? The Tao is more about finding (worshiping - if thats not too strong a word) YOUR OWN TRUE SELF. NOT anyone else.

But alas, this is supposed to be an expose on me.. and not my philosophy... so I cease here.
              Thanks Hooky! - Wan

Comment

Originally posted by CrackFox
                You are not a beautiful snowflake, deal with it.
                Crack, you are wrong! I just called my Mom, she says i AM a beautiful snowflake!

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake
                  This speaks VOLUMES.
                  Fake, Just so you know... i still get PM's from people who are seriously depressed. THAT is wny I had the Dr's contact info on my website...

BUT since it caused more confusion and the appearance of something nefarious... and since there are wonderful professional mental health people every where... THAT is why i removed her contact.

If bullshido had not explained to me that the connection left room for misgivings, well... i'd still have the docs number up there.

Eh. i suppose i actually do appreciate the devils advocate perspective.
                  - wan

Comment

You just thought you'd leave her name up there, beside your office address, in case a depressed person might run across it, even though you don't talk to her these days, and you don't even know if she's a practising analyst? Yeah...

Comment

As far as Daoism, you dont need to be ordained as anything... There's not a priestly class or anything since there's not a god who needs an intermediary. You just do what I did. Study lots of books. Ask older taoists your questions. Thats about it.
                      A cursory examination of Daoist history & culture contradict you.

Comment

Originally posted by DerAuslander108
                        A cursory examination of Daoist history & culture contradict you.
                        This is correct. Wan seeing as you have learned your Taoism from books here is a reading list for you: The Taoist Body by Kristoffer Schipper
                        Daoist Identity by [editors] Roth and Kohn
                        God of the Dao by Livia Kohn
                        Taoism the Enduring Tradition by Russel Kirkland
                        Taoist Ritual and Popular Cults of South East Asia by Kenneth Dean

Tienshr Daoists were and are priests, they have parishes and perform rituals to various gods or immortals to 'rectify' the qi of their parish area. They might be referred to as masters [ tienshr is sometimes translated as Celestial Masters or Heavenly Teachers],This is because the gods were called down and controlled by the priest with the 'authority' granted by their lu [register] so in effect they were considered 'masters' of these spirits. Also there were levels of ordination which took time to aquire [ or buy ..lol ] .

In Quanzhen Taoism [ of which the Lungmen are a sect ] they perform ritual prayers asking for the end of suffering [ much like some buddhist schools and actually very much borrowed from] at dawn and dusk..they 'petition' ' heaven' to this end.

Both these sects have what is now known as nei gung and popularized as 'health' practices and also as inner alchemy. However all of the above were practiced in the context of the taoist ' view' of wuwei [ whether that was taken seriously and to what degree as with all things depended on the individual practitioner ], so it was ideally understood that all this 'interferance' could well be 'meaningless' in the face of ' the mandate of heaven', which might be understood to mean ' things as they are ' . It is in this sense that ' not struggling' or ' non doing' can be understood.

I am confused still as to what your 'Taoism' is ... it seems like a bit of a fix your life thing to me [ not argueing that that is a bad thing to do ] it is in this sense that i say your approach is fear based [ oh there is something wrong with me ..the world etc ] empower me ..empower me lol ...

How deep does the rabbit hole go Wan? :pancakebu

Comment

Originally posted by hooky
                          This is correct. Wan seeing as you have learned your Taoism from books here is a reading list for you: The Taoist Body by Kristoffer Schipper
                          Daoist Identity by [editors] Roth and Kohn
                          God of the Dao by Livia Kohn
                          Taoism the Enduring Tradition by Russel Kirkland
                          Taoist Ritual and Popular Cults of South East Asia by Kenneth Dean

Tienshr Daoists were and are priests, they have parishes and perform rituals to various gods or immortals to 'rectify' the qi of their parish area. ...

How deep does the rabbit hole go Wan? :pancakebu
                          Hooky, which rabbit hole are you referring to?
                          If the above question doesn't make sense to you... What I'm saying is that you are quoting "religious daoism." I'm not a religious daoist. My practice doesnt involve any of these rituals... in fact... i dont have ANY rituals.

Look up the difference between korean daoism and chinese daoism.

So basically, you're saying, "hey... YOU there! how come you never do communion or confess your sins, or say the Our Father Prayer!?!?!" .. .and you are asking this to a guy that never did go to church. (to prevent misunderstandings, this is JUST AN ANOLOGY. I personally DID go to church for most of my childhood. The above is not to be taken literally)

BUT HEY... if you want to start a different thread about my taoist practices and philisophy and how the differ from popular daoism, lets start a new thread... this is getting off topic.

Comment

You just thought you'd leave her name up there, beside your office address, in case a depressed person might run across it, even though you don't talk to her these days, and you don't even know if she's a practising analyst? Yeah...
                            Crack,

1. Yeah.
                            2. Show me where I said, "I dont know if she is a practicing analyst."

Comment

Crack,

1. Yeah.
                              2. Show me where I said, "I dont know if she is a practicing analyst."
                              Allrighty then, post #182:

So if you don't know if she's got her licence, you can't know if she's practising.

Admittedly I probably shouldn't have used the word analyst, when psychiatrist would have been better, but I don't think it has much bearing on my argument: Why was her name put up beside your office address? How could this be interpreted as anything other than her being the contact person for your organisation?

Comment

Allrighty then, post #182:

So if you don't know if she's got her licence, you can't know if she's practising.

Admittedly I probably shouldn't have used the word analyst, when psychiatrist would have been better, but I don't think it has much bearing on my argument: Why was her name put up beside your office address? How could this be interpreted as anything other than her being the contact person for your organisation?
                                Crack, Yes... Correct.
                                Since she has a overseeing Licensed Doctor AND she is authorized by the state of CA to "consult" She can either take a client and "consult" or if the case requires a Licensed Physician, then she can refer to her managing higher ups... Anybody can get the initial HELP request call. How they manage the realtionship afterwards is up to the needs of the person.

None of you guys asked me the most important question though...
                                WHY HER?

Well, since you ask, I've had several conversations with her... and her perspective on modern psychology is very similar to my zen / taoist perspective. Medication is a last resort. Going back to the root of a problem to solve it is the second to last resort. And just staying conscious and absolutely present (meaning full acceptance of what is happening) is the first and most powerful way to overcome any issue. Evaluate every issue on its own merits. And act with all the grace of someone who is experiencing this issue for the first time... UNLESS it looks like it is a chronic or recurring issue. THEN, UPROOT THE WHOLE TREE. Most modern phychs dont think like this... Its all about spending years and years in therapy to make as much money off of the insurance companies as possible... EH... maybe "most phychs" was an overgeneralization...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X