No announcement yet.

shironinja gets TOLD on the XMA forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call this a small victory for now. Good job, boys.

XMA forums shut down for now! To quote the page...

"Sorry, this Module isn't active!"
    Now or never.

Comment

WTF is wrong with you people? Ok...shironinja what did you accomplish really? You did a battle of the wits with a bunch of young kids. You know there are some lippy kindercare kids down the street from me, perhaps you would like to smack them around too?

Wastrel, have you fought any of these kids? How do you know if they can fight or not? Again, no one has answered the main question here. How is XMA bad for the arts? If you have some adult saying that the moves used in these forms could work in the street, then yes I would agree that he should be strung up by his balls. The majority of the people who teach this will tell you that it is for show, nothing more. Shit you haven't any been in any of the schools that teach this to even know what they are teaching outside of XMA. You don't like the XMA gear, you don't like their forms, fine don't buy or study it, but you have yet to show any logic in how this will damage martial arts.
      Jeremy M. Talbott

Originally posted by Phrost
      "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
      Originally posted by D.Murray
      "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
      Originally posted by hangooknamja88
      My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

Because. The last few people in the U.S. teaching legitimate Goju or Tae Kwon Do etc. now face a potential deluge of youngsters demanding to know why they can't do butterfly twists or Armada Duplas. We already know that children and adolescents are the greatest share of income for most TMA schools. Now Sensei Smith is going to have to run out and buy all the XMA gear and sign on to their shitty little endorsement program in order to prevent the flight of all of his underage students.

This is commercial pressure to further dilute what is already tenuous. How can you not see this?
        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Wastrel,

This is a business for these people, and yes, it is more than likely that if this is a hot trend that Sensei Smith, who wants to earn a living teaching martial arts, will have to find a way to keep up or offer something else. That's just business. Dilute the art? How does it dilute the art, you are offering an extra program outside of your regular classes. You are not going to be a Goju-ryu stylist and suddenly become an XMA stylist. You will be a goju-ryu stylist who offers a XMA program in the school.

I have seen this implemented at our school with no problems. We are a very traditional school, we have maybe 5-10 kids that are actually practicing this XMA. There is a class set aside for this out side of regular class time. We have not diluted the art at all, if you don't believe me, come to Sharkey's and see for yourself.
          Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
          "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
          My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

'Nuff said.
            Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Miguk: you heard the guy say he hits like a car wreck right?

He Does XMA, he thinks he can fight, when in reality he has never trained for it. That, my friend, is complete bullshido.

Seeing as that guy on the show is older, it's logical to assume these kids think the same thing. Misleading people is pure bullshido, and there's no way around that.

Comment

Re: shironinja gets TOLD on the XMA forum

Originally posted by shironinja
                "fighting is useless because real adults should be able to work out their problems in a more civilized manner"

More at:

http://www.xmarevolution.com/phpnuke...ee0c965fdf7b61
                Okay,every nation on Earth shall dismantle their military too and talk like real adult.......
                "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
                - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

Originally posted by brandeissansoo
                  Miguk: you heard the guy say he hits like a car wreck right?
                  It was the guy who was the scientist monitoring the impact, which said that these guys are hitting a hard as a car wreck. This was based on the psi in which they were distributing.

He Does XMA, he thinks he can fight, when in reality he has never trained for it. That, my friend, is complete bullshido.
                  At what point did he say that because he does XMA he can fight? Again, what do you know of his training outside of that show? Mike Chat did mention that he has never gotten into a street altercation. He never said he doesn't train for fighting. Sharkey's holds 1.5 hour sparring classes 3 times a week, sometimes longer on the weekend. This has been going on for as long as I have trained there.

Seeing as that guy on the show is older, it's logical to assume these kids think the same thing. Misleading people is pure bullshido, and there's no way around that.
                  This ties into my other question of when did he say because he does XMA, he can fight?
                  Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

Okay,every nation on Earth shall dismantle their military too and talk like real adult.......
                    He was quoting a kid. Again, I will state that the majority of the people on that site, outside of the Bullshido invasion, are kids. Young kids.
                    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

Originally posted by miguksaram
                      He was quoting a kid. Again, I will state that the majority of the people on that site, outside of the Bullshido invasion, are kids. Young kids.
                      Oh,you notice my sarcasm~~~:p
                      Anyway i didnt know that it was a kid who said it,but a kid trying to talk like adult is certainly dumb,and he needs to be correct in some way~~~
                      "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
                      - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

When it comes gown to it this is all really just an extension of Hollywood.

Comment

However, now that we have been over there, not many of them will try to pass this off as fighting.
                          So? It's like committing fraud, once you've committed it you can't just say 'Oops, I got caught, I won't do it to you again.' and expect to have any sort of credibility. My point was that the practitioners of it made specific mention of the combat aspects of the drills (ie, referencing how the sight of blood affects them in combat when in fact they would admit they've never seen combat, how effective their kicks would be in a fight, etc) but when pressed will change their story to say that XMA has no relation to actual fighting and tell you they aren't training to be effective in combat. In other words, they use the idea of fighting to sell the product, but admit they have no intention of delivering. Just because they haven't suckered the people on this board in paticular doesn't make that any less ethical.

I'm also not sure how this is positive for 'martial arts'. It might be positive for kids who can learn some self esteem from performing gymnastics, and for the XMA people making a living off it, but as far as the quality of martial arts as a whole it can only serve to produce ineffectual students who lack actual combat skills.

Comment

As I said if done correctly it will help put a positvie in the MA. I am not in denial, nor am I allowing my personal feelings or friendships that I have with these people get in the way (unless they are attacked unwarrantly). You all have to remember, this XMA shit is not geared towards adults (though adults could very well try it). It is geared towards the kids. What do you think attracts kids into the martial arts? Do you think it is a bunch a people sitting in a horse stance doing drills? Or do you think it is watching a bunch a guys rolling around on the mat trying to pin each other? What gets these kids inside the door are the movies and the flashy shit that they see. Plus the modern trend is "extreme" sports. Why not extreme martial arts?
                            There are not enough fists in the world with which to punch you, nor enough railroad spikes in the world with which to rape you. You are a coward sir, and a retard. Good day.

--Aaron Boyd
                            Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

"Extreme" martial arts is picking fights with random musclebound aggressive strangers with bad teeth and long beer tabs.

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X