Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bujinkan - Ninjust

Hello everyone !

Ok, if there is going to be a thread about this much loved debate let it be THIS thread.

WHATS WRONG WITH THE BUJINKAN SYSTEM ?

Is Massaki Hatsumi who he says he is or just a very clever Japanese business men who sells ninja dreams to silly westeners with a huge price tag attatched?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

The BUJINKAN BUDO TAIJUTSU is quite nice. But the level of instruction varies. Which is a big problem. Plus alot of pple don't really understand what is in the Bujinkan and have only NINJA DREAMS.

I personally perfer the Genbukan. Same material, plus a few more from Tanemura's studies, different atmosphere.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Comment

I don't think there is anything wrong with Bujinkan either, BUT it probably depends where you live. Here for example, their schools aren't in any way commercial, and never even mention ninjutsu or ninjas... In some places, on the other hand, they seem to try to cash in on that stuff quite heavily...

Comment

very clever business man who hands out dan ranks like dealers hand out crack

Out of a 100,000 students some of them are going to be good, it's the nature of a huge population.

There are all sorts of fascinating things about the bujinkan:

1) numerous 10th dans.
        2) a 15 dan ranking system.
        3) the person used to represent comes from a combat sports background.
        4) there's this mantra of "soke says to make the art your own" when it's plainly obvious many students haven't an iota of critical thinking ability.

I've probably forgot some.

Comment

I'm not in the Bujinkan, nor do I know that much about them, BUT...

I've heard from many people that Hatsumi doesn't really give a rat's ass about belts, dans, etc... He just hands them out to retards who don't actually want to learn anything, but just want a 'black belt' (see Robert Bussey). So he really trains people who really want to learn martial arts, & just hands over ranks to idiots looking for them (mostly Americans ;)), so they'll go away... I don't know if that's true, so don't attack me...

So I guess he's trying to hide the true ninjutsu in the midst of where it would be the best hidden... In the misdt of fake ninjas... ;)...

(Damn, this is exactly like a certain short story idea I had once...)

Comment

What's up with Steve Jenum who won UFC 3? He was touted as being a ninjitsu stylist.
            One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Jennum was one of Bussey's students...

http://www.busseystyle.com/

...just like Scott Morris, who fared... Shall we say, not as well.

Comment

A quote from that link:

The Legacy: Ninjutsu

Robert Bussey is a legend in the field of personal protection and American pioneer of the Ninjutsu art. He was chosen as the American representative of the art in the late 1970 and later ran what was, at the time, the largest Ninja Acadamy in the United States.
                So a Ninja won UFC 3?
                One Somali Pirate.

Comment

"I'm not in the Bujinkan, nor do I know that much about them, BUT...

I've heard from many people that Hatsumi doesn't really give a rat's ass about belts, dans, etc... He just hands them out to retards who don't actually want to learn"

This is one of the things that people who know dick about the subject take out of context to portray the Bujinkan in an unfavorable manner. Ranking does not hold the same meaning within the Bujinkan as it does with other martial arts. What the detractors fail to mention is that you are not "authorized" to teach unless you have been certified by Hatsumi himself, no matter what rank you have. Hatsumi's way of doing things for better or worse is different, and for whatever reason it bothers some people to no end.
                  Last edited by Mikeyb; 11/29/2003 12:20pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyb
                    "I'm not in the Bujinkan, nor do I know that much about them, BUT...

I've heard from many people that Hatsumi doesn't really give a rat's ass about belts, dans, etc... He just hands them out to retards who don't actually want to learn"

This is one of the things that people who know dick about the subject go out of their way to portray the Bujinkan in an unfavorable manner. Ranking does not hold the same meaning within the Bujinkan as it does with other martial arts. What the detractors fail to mention is that you are not "authorized" to teach unless you have been certified by Hatsumi himself, no matter what rank you have. Hatsumi's way of doing things for better or worse is different, and for whatever reason it bothers some people to no end.

....and the difference between this and with what I said is...?

I guess, though, that it's the true ninja way to attack immediately anyone if they appear to be in the same side. They could become enemies later, after all...

Comment

"....and the difference between this and with what I said is...?"

...is that I was adding to what you posted earlier. You posted something and I then expounded it.

Clear enough for you?

Comment

Well firts abit about myself. Ive been doing Bujinkan for about 2&1/2 years now aswell as doing alot of weights and running for fitness/conditioning. Before that (aswell as during)I was doing boxing, I boxed for 2 years. In my teenage years I did Kung Fu for about 6 years and started at an early age with Hapkido-I did that for about 3 years.

My Bujinkan school is not commercial and not a McDojo. I get on great with my instructor except the stuff we do does not really seem realistic. We never spar,do not strike pads and training is not strenuous-we hardly break sweat.The guys in my class put doen other arts because they are sports. I don't see it that way at all. A martial sport can be just as devestating as a martial art. Just look at Muay Thai.I think it's time to change I will either go back to boxing or take up Kyokushin. The only problem is most ma schools I have seen are interested in charging people money for grading fees, membership and uniforms.
                        Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

I think there was a Bujinkan dojo in my area I got to double check tho... when I do searches on the internet it tends to also look at places in Columbus, Georiga.
                          "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3

Comment

Read a little bit about Toshitsugu Takamatsu if you want to understand why people respect Hatsumi.

http://www.geocities.com/mrdsouza/takamatsu.html
                            http://users.skynet.be/chiryaku/gtts.htm

Comment

hi I'm new to this forum. to answer mrmantis, yes Steve jennum won ufc3 as he came into the finals as an alternate since both ken shamrock and Royce gracie pulled out. But Steve is a good fighter nontheless and noone should take anything away from him, he was a simple police officer with a dream to compete.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X