Should I be concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be concerned?

If you have a good sports physician (or even just a good boxing trainer) in your area, it might be worthwhile to consult him. Sometimes as people get older the onsets of minor pre-arthritic conditions and other typical ailments to do with aging (which can happen to people in their teens and 20's) can set in. But it's good to get it checked to be sure.

Comment

probably just aggravated a nerve. How is it today?

Comment

I would agree with both posts thus far. If you are hitting heavy to a point of making contact with the steel rod inside (especially without gloves) you will start to do some minor nerve damage. Consult a physician and let him know the details. Definetly have it looked sooner than later.
        Jeremy M. Talbott

Originally posted by Phrost
        "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
        Originally posted by D.Murray
        "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
        Originally posted by hangooknamja88
        My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

I've had this happen before. At the time I think I figured it was a bad wrap on one of my hands. do you use hand wraps? I am often running late to class and sometimes rush my wrap. when I do I always notice little problems like this.

Comment

I feels fine today, as it did last night, the numbness and tingling went away after about 30 seconds. I don't wrap my hands, wraps are more for your wrists and andI stopped wrapping them years ago. I do the first few rounds with gloves then I go bareknuckle.
            As for hitting the steel pipe inside the dummy, I should clarify, I don't "hit it" but I do feel it. If I was to hit the steel pipe I would break my knuckles of course.
            The tingling is just like when your foot or hand falls "asleep" and then the circulation starts again and you get the "pins and needels" feeling.

Comment

Don't worry its probably something fatal.

Comment

I can only hope

Comment

It still could be your wrist. It sounds like a quick nerve pinch. I had the same kind of thing happen when a box hit my leg at work (when I was working warehouse driving a fork lift) and I ignored it, bad move... My thigh kept getting an occaisional tingling until finally I went to see a doctor because it was becoming an almost every day event... found out I had slightly damaged the nerve that runs over my hip and what could have been taken care of with a cortizone shot and 2 weeks rest then took months to repair and 6 pills a day for the damage and 2 a day for the pain.

You live in Canada - take advantage of the free health care and have it looked at.

Comment

Obviously it is SARS.
                    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Ronin,

In my professional medical opinion (as an engineer) it's a serious terminal illness that you can only avoid by cutting your hand off.

Hope you're ambidexterous...or your wife has good strong wrists.
                      Regards,
                      CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                      One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                      Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Originally posted by PizDoff
                        Obviously it is SARS.

***THWAP***

Comment

"In my professional medical opinion (as an engineer) it's a serious terminal illness that you can only avoid by cutting your hand off."

OMG.... he owns all those swords too.....

Comment

*Head goes flying off into dark corner.*
                            Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Which head? I kind of figured you'd be in the dark...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X