Deadly arts on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadly arts on TV

November 26 at 9 PM est, on The History Channel.

The Deadly arts ....

I have no idea, but I am gonna watch it.

i'll bring popcorn...

Comment

I think you got that wrong ronin69.
      It should be "The Deadly Farts."
      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

cool. sounds intersting...i hope i have that channel. SF cable is horrible we only get 60 channels. i remember how great it was when we finally got espn2 last year.

Comment

It could be totally great or suck complete donkey. Remember "Warrior Challenge" on PBS?

Wonder if they feed the watered down, flash stuff to this woman, or show her the real McCoy. My vote is for the former. Hope I'm wrong.

Anybody willing to tape it?

Comment

What other "deadly arts" were on the show....?

Comment

I missed it...Ron, did you tape it?!?!
              Regards,
              CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
              One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
              Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

An unpronouncable Indian one that actually looked very cool.
                Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Yer, "Vindaloo - Fu". It involves throwing a red hot curry into the opponent's face causing temporary blindness and a runny nose.

And you can eat the remains afterwards... only if you're hard enough of course.
                  "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                  YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

stabbing them with broken bits of poppadom, and poisoning them over a period of years with the funny coloured rice

Comment

The indian art, which was the second hour, is called Kalaraptitu (sp?) or some shit like that :)
                      I was disappointed with the capoeira part, they did NOT show the martial art, only the regular version that everyone sees and they stretched it to the full hour , when 30 min would have been enough. The indian art one was nice, I had seen something like that in the 80's and that ones was more complete, but it was a GUY going around the world and this program was a woman ( Canadian) so she was not shown what they would have shown a man.
                      STill the 4th level of Kalarapitu or hwhatever its name is, was the hand-to- hand stage, and the techniques they showed here were the VERY basic ones with some vital points striking.
                      ON a funny note: the gurrukai ( teacher) showed her where to strike on the arm to disarm the attacker with the knife, but she didn't feel it and he said, women don't feel certain points !!!
                      Ah yes, the BS lives on , even in India :)

Comment

is that the art where for the fistr few months you do yoga, then weapons then empty hand last, i saw a program on that a few years ago, a guy i used to train with was going to india for a year or two to train that and make a documentary about it, i left though so i dont know what ever came of it

Comment

That is the one, yep.
                          IN the 80's there was a program from GB I think, of this former Commando, going around the world and learning all these different MA. He was taught/saw some serious shit.

Comment

Pressure points on the arms work, IF you fucking hit them like you got a pair of balls !!!!
                            This light tap shit bothers me, big time.
                            A guy once said to me: pressure points don't work on a guys arm ( he had 19" arms), so I punched him in the bicep, full force !! He didn't weight train for a week, his arm was so sore.
                            His reaction? "that wasn't a touch". No shit !!!

Comment

I missed most of the Cap part, but caught the part when the older dude (with the white beard) whipped the woman down hard on her back at the beach. I found that amusing, as she had no clue it was coming, and the guy wasn't gentle about it. But there was a lot of history talking and footage of guys practicing their routines and kicks very sloooooooooowly.

The Kalaripayattu looked kinda neat, probably more so because I hadn't seen it before than due to it's actual "neatness". Holy religion/tradition/mysticism batman! That ain't the kind of art you do on weekends while you're in town going to college for two years. Although I think the warm-ups and prepping would be ideal for the closet homo... you see that guy they had stripped naked face down on the floor with ropes tied to his arms and legs so they could oil him up good and proper?... and then they have the massage components too. But I digress. Looks to have quite a bit of preset routines like kata; that indian girl they had swinging the knife around blindfolded was an example. Wonder how many takes it took to get that sequence right - it looked like she could have given that one guy a nick on the arm.

Comment

Working...
                              X