realistic KYUSHO articale - not a dillman thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

realistic KYUSHO articale - not a dillman thread

I person I train with once in a while has released a book, the following is taken from it. I think it will show how some view this often discussed topic.

http://www.combatkyusho.com/articles/pinpoint.htm

You will see from is bio that he lived combat situatons for many years.

let me know what you guys think.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

That theory really is nothing new...

Comment

never said new just showing those who only have seen the Dillman version a differant view point. Plus Rand is a great guy/MA and his book may interest some.

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Comment

maybe, it is interesting to see a "western" view on the bubishi.
        But here was already a book on the western science of "dim mak".

Comment

& The biggest problem, at least for me, with Dillman is not the pressure points, but the 'strikes' where they don't even hit the opponent...

Comment

NOT A DILLMAN THREAD, I AM INTERESTED IN OPINIONS ON THE ARTICLE. AND PUSHIING A FRIENDS NEW BOOK.

TALKING DILLMAN = BEATING A DEAD HORSE

Comment

people like Dillman have given vital point striking a bad name, maybe an article like this, can restore some of its credibility, but I doubt it.
              In a world of "show me" and the "proof is in the pudding", until someone actually uses it in a NHB type of competition, it won't get the credibilty it deserves.

Comment

ronin you speak the truth, perhaps thruogh these types of artiles some may see that they target vital point areas without knowing it.

Comment

Kempocos: If they are already targeting them, then what's the point....?

& If you really would want to make real Kyusho Jutsu known, you would have to take Dillman down first.

That's the only way... Go to his seminars & fuck his people up.

Otherwise, people will think Dillman's guys are better than yours, since they 'can' knock people out without touching, and you 'can't'... That's their damn marketing strategy. & unless someone proves it wrong, it's going to go on...

Comment

"Kempocos: If they are already targeting them, then what's the point....?"

"It may show some of those who dismiss it that it can be effective. As well as seeing how to better choose a second strike to make the combo more effective.

& If you really would want to make real Kyusho Jutsu known, you would have to take Dillman down first.

That's the only way... Go to his seminars & fuck his people up.

Otherwise, people will think Dillman's guys are better than yours, since they 'can' knock people out without touching, and you 'can't'... That's their damn marketing strategy. & unless someone proves it wrong, it's going to go on..."

I have no interest in DILLMAN at all , fact is KYUSHO/DIMMAK ( VITAL POINT STRIKING) and TUITE/CHIN NA ( GRABHAND, JOINT MANIPULATION ) concepts have been around along time berfore Dillman met Taika Oyata and was shown these concepts. If people choose to follow Dillmans ideas that is there choice. Painful as it may turn out to be when the attacker does not stand there and wait for the tap, rub touch knockout to work

Comment

Yes yes, I know that, and most other people here know that. But for the general populace Dillman is 'the man'...

He is the one who is usually asked about these things, who (unfortunately) will perhaps be remembered as a master, etc... But of course, if people who actually do know something about these things are not interested about contradicting the idiots/fakes ripping them off, then I don't see why I should be either...

Comment

I feel the same I worry about my training, plus Dillman has been discussed so many times I get no amusement from it anymore.

now Yellow Bamboo that never gets old

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X