Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going to a new school?? do u call first or just find out schedule and show up and wat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to a new school?? do u call first or just find out schedule and show up and wat

hi,

I want to join this kyokushin school down the street, should i just show up, since i know the schedule and watch class, or should i call first??

GS
    GS

Either way, if you feel like you need to give them a call do so and they'll prbably offer you a free lesson, but if you just turn up tell them you were passing by and interested in watching a class.
    "Pussyhole"

Comment

Either way, but politely and repspectfully ask them this:

"When can I take a free lesson?"

It puts the ball in their court... and you'll learn a lot about them from the response and the TONE of the response.

Comment

Unless the school explicitly states something to the effect of, "Drop in anytime", I'd go ahead and call to schedule watching a class. This gives the instructor the courtesy and option of preparing for your visit -- some schools will put together an information packet.

Comment

i would call first, that way you can find out pricing etc. without getting the hard sell in person

Comment

Just tell them you want to work out with them. Either call and get more information or since you've been watching, just show up a little early to talk with the instructor. Depends a lot on the size of the school. Some dojos will have a intro small class for noobs. In our KK the sensei just told 'em to follow along the best they could, and not to worry about correct technique as it would come in time. Ofcourse he didn't want to take the time to instruct noobs in every move and waste the class time, and he was well aware that most noobs quit soon anyway, once they find out that it will take effort and sweat.

Most karate schools will let a noob work out in sweats for a few lessons to see if they like it. Depends on how formal and how money hungry they are. Again, just ask. The kempo school I work out with in Hawaii does not want anyone out of uniform, but they put up with it, I think it's because a lot of their members are poor. The initial fee ($75) gets you a uniform, month's lessons, and a years membership.

But if I was you I'd tell the KK that you know BJJ and are there to beat the fuck out of all their black belts! Go in with a real tough guy attitude.

Oh, yeah, when you spar, be sure to try and hurt the black belts, that way they will repect you and show you good techniques!
            "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

lol.

Comment

yeah i could probably beat most of the black belts, with my intellegence, who said u had to fuck someone up using ur fist.

GS
                GS

Comment

I say call or email beforehand. The tone of your inquiry can
                  show an instructor you are (or can act like) a serious and
                  polite individual. Plus their response can be an excellent
                  indicator of their intelligence and literacy level which is
                  extremely important in a potential instructor.
                  The smarter they are.. the more resources they can
                  muster in bringing you up to a certain standard of
                  performance.
                  You can also eliminate prospects if their email smells
                  of cultism or bullshite.
                  Plus I find instructors are more open if they know you
                  are coming ahead of time..
                  let's talk about why fat-fu shall we?

Comment

I would run lacking any sort of clothing, except a white belt tied correctly around the circumference of my waist, in at a high velocity waving my arms and yelling names of fruits and vegatables.
                    When I finally find the Sensei, I would challenge him to a no-gi match.
                    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Does this really need its own thread ?

I know life has some hard decisions but 'do I call or just show up' isn't really one of them.
                      The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
                      - Pizdoff

Comment

stfu n00b!
                        Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X