Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impact House & Chris Van Valkenburg - BJJ Blackbelt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Stoned
    replied
    The ends of this thread more than justify the means. The students of Impact House or whatever it's going to be called are winning out big in the end- they're getting a Relson affiliated purple to teach them. Hopefully now they'll realize why bullshido does what it does... it's not to be mean or call people out, but to weed out the poseurs and con artists and keep them from ruining the art the way they ruined other martial arts in the past few decades.

Good job, bullshido. Keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• GoldenJonas
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldenJonas
    Meh, the final write-up will be slow going as my house is currently a "no internet zone" so he has time.
    Just so the above quote is clear...when I wrote "he has time", I mean that he has time to answer the Mike Anderson question.

I honestly think he has apologized in his last few posts...

Originally posted by CVV
    I fucked up and don't plan on running from my mistake. I want to continue to fight and the only way is to do so with clean hands. I don't want to be hated in this community and want to still learn and be apart of the BJJ world. I will do what i have to to correct this and don't want Laci or anyone of my students to suffer for my errors. Again, I am sorry for all the trouble I caused and hope you ask me some questions about this. I will answer to the best of my abilities.
    This is the most upfront admission and apology I have ever seen in any of the Bullshido investigations I have read or have been a part of.

The write-up and case summary WILL be done. I would just like to get a definitive answer to the Anderson query.

Leave a comment:

• M-Tri
    replied
    I doubt anyone will even take him as a student unless he truely comes clean and sincerely apologizes

Leave a comment:

• Cankles
    replied
    Frank Dux is legit, isn't he?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jsteel
    replied
    Chris: You aren't doing yourself any favors by hoping everything will just go away. Admit your mistakes and clear your name before the write-up gets posted.

Leave a comment:

• GoldenJonas
    replied
    Meh, the final write-up will be slow going as my house is currently a "no internet zone" so he has time.

Cankles, Investigative write-ups typically get put on "Bullshido.com". If this is done then Chris will be lumped in with the likes of Coda Scott, Ashida Kim, Frank Dux, Tiger Clay, and George Dillman.

Leave a comment:

• faybio
    replied
    This guy is a piece of crap that needs to be banned from the BJJ community.
    Unless Chris truly changes, he will be. Reputations such as the one earned by Chris Van Valkenburg (liar/imposter) are hard to shake, and they spread fast.

Originally posted by CVanValkenburg
    I fucked up and don't plan on running from my mistake.
    If Chris Van Valkenberg continues to dodge the questions posed to him, and continues avoiding the truth, they how can he not be blackballed? Who will want to roll with him during classes? I know that when I roll, I like to trust my training partner.

On the other hand, if Chris Van Valkenberg come back on Bullshido, and he clears up questions about Mike Anderson, and his true training background, I could see people giving him a chance. Maybe.

OBV, CVV should do this before GJ finishes his article.

Leave a comment:

• jsteel
    replied
    Originally posted by marcell
    I don't think Chris should have to go and kill himself, he is only 23 years old, right?

Yeah, he fucked up. But doesn't everyone deserve at least one more chance?
    He's had quite a few chances already to come clean and start over with everyone's forgiveness and understanding. Instead he chose to continue lying. How many chances should he get?

Of course no one should go and kill themselves, at the end of the day it's just martial arts training we're talking about here.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    I don't think Chris should have to go and kill himself, he is only 23 years old, right?
    No, then again he isn't trying to spread lies about me.
    If you are up in arms about one post, you really need to relax. They tried to help him and he continued to lie.

Seriously, read the entire thread. The three that went to roll actually wanted to end the thread. They felt he was a good guy and defended him.

Look what happened. They learned why threads are rarely closed, frauds/liars can rarely keep their mouths shut.

However I don't think he should never be allowed to learn and fight because of this. He should not be totally cast away from the MMA community yet... JMO, what do others think?
    RBSD, boxing, TMA etc. Who on this thread said he can't learn to fight?

This guy is a piece of crap that needs to be banned from the BJJ community.
    MMA=/=BJJ although they can go hand in hand. Remember, he used a very specific and respected teacher as his rank issuer, hat tends to piss people off.

Leave a comment:

• danielson
    replied
    Originally posted by marcell

I'm not saying the guy should ever be allowed to teach again. I mean, who is going to hire him and who would want to learn under a known liar and deceiver?

However I don't think he should never be allowed to learn and fight because of this. He should not be totally cast away from the MMA community yet... JMO, what do others think?
    agreed

Leave a comment:

• marcell
    replied

I'm not saying the guy should ever be allowed to teach again. I mean, who is going to hire him and who would want to learn under a known liar and deceiver?

Leave a comment:

• johnny3443
    replied
    Originally posted by Cankles
    GJ- Where do the write-ups get posted?
    Bullshido.com, or maybe Bullshido.org, I'll have to go look.

Leave a comment:

• Cankles
    replied
    GJ- Where do the write-ups get posted?

Leave a comment:

• GoldenJonas
    replied
    Given the definitive semi-conclusion of this matter, and the way in which it was brought about, I will put together an executive write up for posting as requested by Wolf.

Chris,

The write-up will include your postings here verbatim without change, the post will also include the various hearsay allegations, i.e., contradictory MMA record statements, tapping Cankles in 30 seconds, tapping John-Michaels.

I will put everything out there; proven FACTS, hearsay allegations, and your replies and the chips will fall where ever the MA and BJJ community choses to throw them.

My suggestion, for what ever it is worth....assuming MMA/BJJ/Sub. Grappling is the path you want you train on, nuke your MySpace page and any "credentials" you have posted over the internet and head to a known MMA/BJJ gym, put on a White Belt, and start training.

I say "semi-conclusion" simply because 1) there are hearsay based allegations that we may never get a conclusive answer to, and 2) we may never receive a definitive statement concerning the existence of Mike/Dave Andersen/Anderson. Regardless, these issues will likely fall back on credibility of the source...which, as we know, is not very good.

GJ

EDIT: Shit...did anyone get a screen capture of the Impact Website AFTER Chris made the edits? As of today I was not able to open the MySpace profile for Impact...looks like Chris may have taken it down already.
    Last edited by GoldenJonas; 6/16/2008 7:45am, .

Leave a comment:

• faybio
    replied
    And if you have any questions you want answered i will tell you the absolute truth. Email me at Chris[email protected] or if you wish for me to answer them on hear for a write up, then i will do so for all to see. I fucked up and don't plan on running from my mistake. I want to continue to fight and the only way is to do so with clean hands. I don't want to be hated in this community and want to still learn and be apart of the BJJ world. I will do what i have to to correct this and don't want Laci or anyone of my students to suffer for my errors. Again, I am sorry for all the trouble I caused and hope you ask me some questions about this. I will answer to the best of my abilities.
    Chris, why not just answer the questions that were already posed to you, the questions that are written in this thread?

Below is what you wrote regarding your credentials, Chris:
    I started bJJ training in 2000 when i was 15 years old when i lived in New Jersey. My main instructor was "Mike ANderson" ( not Dan, I'm sorry you all have been saying Dan) He is a former Marine and Muay Thai Instructor That trained in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. To my Knowledge, which seemed credable( due to pictures and conversations, and documentation) that he recieved his Black belt from Renzo Gracie. I trained with him and his students when they had seminars and "Blue B" program classes at the Renzo Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy before i was a BJJ black belt. It took me " 6 years to get my black belt"...not 2 years.( and it was under Mike and not Henzo) I never made that claim and I am sorry that you are all under that impression.
    QUESTION FOR CHRIS: Do you care to make any changes to this previous post?

All my professional fights were not jiu- jitsu or MMA fights. They were Thai fights in Thailand. I had 2 pro fights there.....meaning that i was paid to fight. That is why you can not find any records of me on the internet. Those fights were in June of 2004 and January of 2005.
    QUESTION FOR CHRIS: Are you stating that your professional fights were Muay Thai? Where exactly (stadium or venue) did you fight? Do you stand by the dates that you listed, or were the dates aditional lies?

I was hired by Laci Szabo in March of 2008 to manage and teach "MMA" and H2H combat to military, police, and the general public.
    QUESTION FOR CHRIS: Are you qualified to teach either "MMA" or "H2H combat"? If so, under whom did you train?

I am not a BJJ school and I am not a grappling School.
    QUESTION FOR CHRIS: Was the above quote the only true statement that you made in your posts?
    Last edited by faybio; 6/16/2008 7:32am, . Reason: adding questions

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X