Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impact House & Chris Van Valkenburg - BJJ Blackbelt?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Chris,

    I spoke with both Cankles and SORT today and we are tentatively planning on heading up to your place this coming Saturday (5/31).

    Cankles said you have a 2pm grappling class, so, if it is OK with you, we would like to take the 2pm class and train with you.

    Notice, I am asking for your permission; if you say "no, fuck off" then we will not go. This IS NOT some 1980's Gracie Era Dojo Storm by any means. All of us are professionals and parents outside of the gym (SORT is actually police officer in your area I believe). My goal, which I believe is similar to Cankles and SORT, is not stomp on the mat and go ballz out and try and tap or hurt anyone who steps in front of me. My goal is to see if the quality of instruction you offer to the public is equal to or better than the instruction I currently receive at ATT-Orlando or if the technical prowess on the mat is equal to or better than the competence of other BJJ Brown and Black Belt instructors and practitioners I have had the pleasure, or displeasure, of rolling with.

    I am a 3-stripe Blue with about 5 years of grappling/BJJ experience and regularly compete in sub-grap and BJJ tourneys.

    Cankles is a 2-stripe Purple with about 7-8 years of grappling/BJJ experience, competes fairly regularly, and has a pro MMA record of 2-2.

    SORT is a Blue belt with 5-6 years of grappling/BJJ experience and I believe he has a few fights but I'm not sure if they are Amy or Pro, he'll tell you. He is also one of the Co-Owners of ATT-Orlando in Orlando, Florida.

    I am far from an expert in BJJ but I have had the honor of rolling and training with some truly world class grapplers both in and out of the gi. Both Cankles and SORT have been in the BJJ circle longer than I and have had much more of an opportunity to train under some of the sport namesakes. That being said, in sport BJJ and submission grappling, within the first 10-20 seconds of a roll you typically can guess the extent of your opponent's skill level.

    The only reason why the microscope has been turned to you is due to you advertising yourself as being a BJJ BB under the Renzo Gracie linage; and the checks on that linage have turned up nothing to corroborate your statements.

    The focus of this website is to ensure that your run of the mill "Joe Public" who knows little to nothing about any martial art is correctly informed as to the skill level and credentials of a school or instructor so that they can make an informed decision about where to spend their money. The old way of an instructor being able to claim that he was a direct student of Yip Man and fought back to back with Bruce Lee on the rooftop gang fights in Hong Kong and has a 500-0-0-489 (489 being the death count) record in super secret underground death matches are no more. Such statements or asserted credentials should be questioned and proven by the person making the assertion and this is what the over riding purpose of "Bullshido.net" is.

    We'll see you Saturday. Let me know on this thread if Saturday is no good or if you just want us to fuck off.

    GJ
    Last edited by GoldenJonas; 5/27/2008 11:49am, .

    Comment


      #77
      Thanks for reminding me to add a 'death count' to my fight record.
      "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

      Originally posted by Squerlli
      And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

      Comment


        #78
        Cankles, I merged your posts you can't spam to get PM privileges.

        I'll talk to the staff.

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by It is Fake
          Cankles, I merged your posts you can't spam to get PM privileges.

          I'll talk to the staff.
          LOL!!! No problem. It was just a one time deal that was meant to be humorous. That's all.

          No need to change anything for me.

          Another tag: Most annoying person? No, I'm sure there is worse than me...

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by GoldenJonas
            Chris,

            I spoke with both Cankles and SORT today and we are tentatively planning on heading up to your place this coming Saturday (5/31).

            Cankles said you have a 2pm grappling class, so, if it is OK with you, we would like to take the 2pm class and train with you.

            Notice, I am asking for your permission; if you say "no, fuck off" then we will not go. This IS NOT some 1980's Gracie Era Dojo Storm by any means. All of us are professionals and parents outside of the gym (SORT is actually police officer in your area I believe). My goal, which I believe is similar to Cankles and SORT, is not stomp on the mat and go ballz out and try and tap or hurt anyone who steps in front of me. My goal is to see if the quality of instruction you offer to the public is equal to or better than the instruction I currently receive at ATT-Orlando or if the technical prowess on the mat is equal to or better than the competence of other BJJ Brown and Black Belt instructors and practitioners I have had the pleasure, or displeasure, of rolling with.

            I am a 3-stripe Blue with about 5 years of grappling/BJJ experience and regularly compete in sub-grap and BJJ tourneys.

            Cankles is a 2-stripe Purple with about 7-8 years of grappling/BJJ experience, competes fairly regularly, and has a pro MMA record of 2-2.

            SORT is a Blue belt with 5-6 years of grappling/BJJ experience and I believe he has a few fights but I'm not sure if they are Amy or Pro, he'll tell you. He is also one of the Co-Owners of ATT-Orlando in Orlando, Florida.

            I am far from an expert in BJJ but I have had the honor of rolling and training with some truly world class grapplers both in and out of the gi. Both Cankles and SORT have been in the BJJ circle longer than I and have had much more of an opportunity to train under some of the sport namesakes. That being said, in sport BJJ and submission grappling, within the first 10-20 seconds of a roll you typically can guess the extent of your opponent's skill level.

            The only reason why the microscope has been turned to you is due to you advertising yourself as being a BJJ BB under the Renzo Gracie linage; and the checks on that linage have turned up nothing to corroborate your statements.

            The focus of this website is to ensure that your run of the mill "Joe Public" who knows little to nothing about any martial art is correctly informed as to the skill level and credentials of a school or instructor so that they can make an informed decision about where to spend their money. The old way of an instructor being able to claim that he was a direct student of Yip Man and fought back to back with Bruce Lee on the rooftop gang fights in Hong Kong and has a 500-0-0-489 (489 being the death count) record in super secret underground death matches are no more. Such statements or asserted credentials should be questioned and proven by the person making the assertion and this is what the over riding purpose of "Bullshido.net" is.

            We'll see you Saturday. Let me know on this thread if Saturday is no good or if you just want us to fuck off.

            GJ
            Well put. All three of us are family guys. If Chris is a legit BB, then he will definately be able to help out games. I am just starting to get ready for the state championship, after a very gloutinous (?) holiday weekend LOL!!!

            I was excited to hear that there was a BB under Renzo's lineage within driving distance. That was why I called Chris to check it out, and make sure it was legit. When things started to not look so good, I got very disappointed.

            For one thing, anyone who has trained bjj for six years, much less under Renzo's lineage, would know how to spell his name.

            I have enough experience to be able to tell if Chris is legit. I will be completely fair and honest. If he is legit, I'll scream it from the rooftops. If he is legit, he has nothing to hide.

            Hope to see you guys soon.

            Respectfully,

            John

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by Cankles
              I am just starting to get ready for the state championship, after a very gloutinous
              Yup, looking forward to throwing my hat into the Blue Belt ring this year for States.

              Now, if I can only convince the Wife to let me go to Fabian's class I should be all set (sorry, inside for Cankles and SORT).

              GJ

              Comment


                #82
                I'm leaving for it in an hour!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

                *looks over shoulder to make sure my wife isn't looking* Do I need to talk to your woman?!?!?

                Seriously, you should do well. Try to make the class. It rocks!

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by Cankles
                  LOL!!! No problem. It was just a one time deal that was meant to be humorous. That's all.

                  No need to change anything for me.

                  Another tag: Most annoying person? No, I'm sure there is worse than me...
                  You aren't remotely close to annoying. If we mixed in other posters, you'd be the pope.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Cankles
                    LOL!!! No problem. It was just a one time deal that was meant to be humorous. That's all.

                    No need to change anything for me.

                    Another tag: Most annoying person? No, I'm sure there is worse than me...
                    ZOMG BAN PLZ!!!111one!!

                    Comment


                      #85
                      It should be interesting to see how this works out.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Lookin' forward to hearing this.

                        BTW...How to get purple belt tag? Me noob, me stupid.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by 265lbsfist
                          Lookin' forward to hearing this.

                          BTW...How to get purple belt tag? Me noob, me stupid.

                          one, you have to have a purple belt in b.j.j :p


                          then you'd go here Bullshido Support Forum - No BS Martial Arts

                          PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


                          Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                          3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

                          Originally posted by sochin101
                          I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                          That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                          Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                          I agree with moosey

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by 265lbsfist
                            Lookin' forward to hearing this.

                            BTW...How to get purple belt tag? Me noob, me stupid.
                            Contact a Staffer with your info, school name, instructor, contact number and they will verify your rank and give you the tag.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              So how'd it go?

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Saturday, if all goes well.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X