Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impact House & Chris Van Valkenburg - BJJ Blackbelt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't I PM?

Comment

Originally posted by Cankles
      Why can't I PM?

cause bullshido wants you to spam 50 posts first.... gheyest rule ever IMO. lol, I remember what a pain in the ass that was when I joined.

no offense to the STAFF of course. I'm sure they have their reasons.
      FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Comment

Thanks. I guess I'll have to be annoying, then. GoldenJonas knows I can do that! LOL!!!

Thanks

I appreciate

That very

very much!!! LOL!
        Last edited by It is Fake; 5/27/2008 12:28pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen
          I'm coming off of a fractured rib myself. Just let me know what's injured and we can avoid it, thats what we usually do in practice. I would be happy to grapple with you and I look forward to the opportunity to learn from the experience.

Thanks,
          -Ryan
          my injury is pretty obvious (my right arm is broken), but it will be my job to make sure it's not an issue.

Just out of curiousity though did you check out other schools in the area before joining this gym? I mean think about this for a second. I know it feels natural for you to want to defend your instructor and the place you train, and I have a lot of respect for that, but I think it's very obvious at this point that this guy lied to you to make money off you.

I mean he did tell you he got a BJJ BB in 2 years under Renzo, right? that is a flat out lie. I have no sympothy for him because there is no possible way to misinterpret that statement. BJJ is not like other martial arts. I he claimed to be a purple belt we'd still be on his ass, but the fact that he claimed a record setting black belt made this even worse on him and easier for us.
          Last edited by M-Tri; 5/26/2008 6:45pm, .
          FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Comment

I will stop by and see this guy this week. I have no problem with a legitimate business bringing a quality product to the community. I do have a problem with someone marketing themselves in a fraudulent way, such as claiming to be a BB in BJJ when you are not. I am an Ormond Beach Police Officer and I will not allow this guy to con any of my coworkers. If he is legit in any way, then I will post that he is. If he is not, then the same applies. I am currently a blue belt in BJJ with one MMA fight. If Chris is everything he says he is, then he should be at a higher level, at least technically, than me.

Comment

This is Chris Van Valkenburg

WOW!! You guys all have been posting alot of stuff about me. I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond sooner. I don't currently have internet. now to the matter at hand...
              my backround... I apologize for any discrepencies or misleading statments made. But here are my credentials. I started bJJ training in 2000 when i was 15 years old when i lived in New Jersey. My main instructor was "Mike ANderson" ( not Dan, I'm sorry you all have been saying Dan) He is a former Marine and Muay Thai Instructor That trained in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. To my Knowledge, which seemed credable( due to pictures and conversations, and documentation) that he recieved his Black belt from Renzo Gracie. I trained with him and his students when they had seminars and "Blue B" program classes at the Renzo Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy before i was a BJJ black belt. It took me " 6 years to get my black belt"...not 2 years.( and it was under Mike and not Henzo) I never made that claim and I am sorry that you are all under that impression. All my professional fights were not jiu- jitsu or MMA fights. They were Thai fights in Thailand. I had 2 pro fights there.....meaning that i was paid to fight. That is why you can not find any records of me on the internet. Those fights were in June of 2004 and January of 2005. I am sorry for your arguments going off in the wrong direction...
              I was hired by Laci Szabo in March of 2008 to manage and teach "MMA" and H2H combat to military, police, and the general public. He is the one you want to contact about my credentials and Russells. He Owns the Gym. His phone # is 386-338-1189. He will be happy to respond to any of your exact, direct questions. He trained with Bas Rutten and you can see there movie that they made together called the VAULT. pick it up at blockbuster.
              At our Gym, I offer the first class free to everyone so they can see first hand what my skills are based on my teaching. There they can decide if they want to sign up or not...
              I am also about to go and get certified under the Bas Rutten fighting system... We also are about to start Kali and knife fighting classes as well at our gym.
              I currently innstuct the Daytona Beach SWAT Team and the ARmy National guard. I apologize if you think i am without skill based on these blogs but I am trying to run a buisness to the best of my ability. I am only 23 years old and am trying to provide a service for this community. I am not a BJJ school and I am not a grappling School. I am an MMA school and military H2H COmbat. I am teaching all that i know safely and accuratly to as many as i can. I am not claming to be the best and i do train 12 hours a day 6 days a week. This is my life and I am improving everyday as well....
              As for the student from your school that came to train. I grappled with him for about 30 minutes in 3 minute drills at 50% after I tought 3 two hour classes. He did not state who he was until after the grappling session.... which was working our sweeps and positions. I was not aware I was being tested... I offered him a chance to come and train at the gym and based on his skill which was very good, to even help teach a class. He declined and never came back...
              I am not affraid to admit when someone is better than me but I teach MMA. not just BJJ. So again I thank you for reading this and if you have any questions...set an appointment to come and watch a class or call Laci Szabo for any complaints about my teaching or that of my other instructors.

Comment

well one, you have a ridiculously long name...

and two, thank you for replying in an intelligent and mature manner.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
                I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                I agree with moosey

Comment

Originally posted by CVanValkenburg
                  WOW!! You guys all have been posting alot of stuff about me. I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond sooner. I don't currently have internet. now to the matter at hand...
                  my backround... I apologize for any discrepencies or misleading statments made. But here are my credentials. I started bJJ training in 2000 when i was 15 years old when i lived in New Jersey. My main instructor was "Mike ANderson" ( not Dan, I'm sorry you all have been saying Dan) He is a former Marine and Muay Thai Instructor That trained in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. To my Knowledge, which seemed credable( due to pictures and conversations, and documentation) that he recieved his Black belt from Renzo Gracie. I trained with him and his students when they had seminars and "Blue B" program classes at the Renzo Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy before i was a BJJ black belt. It took me " 6 years to get my black belt"...not 2 years.( and it was under Mike and not Henzo) I never made that claim and I am sorry that you are all under that impression. All my professional fights were not jiu- jitsu or MMA fights. They were Thai fights in Thailand. I had 2 pro fights there.....meaning that i was paid to fight. That is why you can not find any records of me on the internet. Those fights were in June of 2004 and January of 2005. I am sorry for your arguments going off in the wrong direction...
                  I was hired by Laci Szabo in March of 2008 to manage and teach "MMA" and H2H combat to military, police, and the general public. He is the one you want to contact about my credentials and Russells. He Owns the Gym. His phone # is 386-338-1189. He will be happy to respond to any of your exact, direct questions. He trained with Bas Rutten and you can see there movie that they made together called the VAULT. pick it up at blockbuster.
                  At our Gym, I offer the first class free to everyone so they can see first hand what my skills are based on my teaching. There they can decide if they want to sign up or not...
                  I am also about to go and get certified under the Bas Rutten fighting system... We also are about to start Kali and knife fighting classes as well at our gym.
                  I currently innstuct the Daytona Beach SWAT Team and the ARmy National guard. I apologize if you think i am without skill based on these blogs but I am trying to run a buisness to the best of my ability. I am only 23 years old and am trying to provide a service for this community. I am not a BJJ school and I am not a grappling School. I am an MMA school and military H2H COmbat. I am teaching all that i know safely and accuratly to as many as i can. I am not claming to be the best and i do train 12 hours a day 6 days a week. This is my life and I am improving everyday as well....
                  As for the student from your school that came to train. I grappled with him for about 30 minutes in 3 minute drills at 50% after I tought 3 two hour classes. He did not state who he was until after the grappling session.... which was working our sweeps and positions. I was not aware I was being tested... I offered him a chance to come and train at the gym and based on his skill which was very good, to even help teach a class. He declined and never came back...
                  I am not affraid to admit when someone is better than me but I teach MMA. not just BJJ. So again I thank you for reading this and if you have any questions...set an appointment to come and watch a class or call Laci Szabo for any complaints about my teaching or that of my other instructors.
                  Thanks for the intelligent reply, but with all due respect it's spelled RENZO Gracie, not "Henzo".

Is this the Mike Anderson you speak of:

http://www.gokickbox.com/?p=265

there is a lot of shit there and presumably it's all true, but not once does it mention BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU (BJJ), or Renzo Gracie. You'd think if he was a Renzo BB they'd include that, as it is an extremely rare and high honor.

Also as I'm sure a black belt like you knows the average time to recieve a black belt in BJJ is around 10 years. 6 is extremely quick still, so whther you said 2 or 6 it's going to raise questions. to get it in 6 years (especially at your age) you'd have to be some kind of phenom with some pretty serious accomplishments.

So what are your accomplishments? Do you have any proof of your rank in BJJ? It looks to me like your trying to pass of a supposed JJJ BB as a BJJ one. Though ofcourse if by chance I'm wrong, and you can prove you are a BJJ BB (unlikely) I'll take back everything I said and apologize.
                  Last edited by M-Tri; 5/26/2008 7:22pm, .

facebook.com/ABMMA

Comment

I'm 170, and I'll let you know when I'm coming by.

Matt- Did you used to wrestle about 160lbs?
                    No but my younger brother did. I have been over 200lbs since 7th grade. I look forward to meeting you

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the reasonable first post and response. I believe the focus of this inquiry is on your asserted BJJ BB credential.

So, to be clear, you received your BJJ BB (@ 2 years ago) under Mike Andersen, who received his BJJ BB directly from Renzo Gracie, is that accurate?

GJ

Comment

Chris,

Thank you also for your reasonable and rational response. Everything will be fact checked accordingly and if it all checks out I'm sure that everyone will let this die. Like previously stated 6 years is also quite a quick time to receive your bb especially without anyone having ever heard of you but it is not impossible and has been done in less time by a few people generally considered to be phenoms.

I travel to Thailand almost every year. What gym were you fighting at and where is it located? Who is your main Kru, where and when did the fights take place? Were you fighting Furongs or Thais?

Once again I appreciate your willingness to set the record straight.

Comment

Everyone keeps saying "Dan", because that's what you told everyone (including myself)

How many "lessons" have you given the Daytona SWAT team?

Comment

Everyone keeps saying "Dan", because that's what you told everyone (including myself)

How many "lessons" have you given the Daytona SWAT team?

Here's Dan Anderson:

YouTube - daniel andersen (dk) vs johan (swe) bjj

uber white belt death metal pwnage!!!!

and another TMA guy:

http://www.danandersonkarate.com/

facebook.com/ABMMA

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Triangles
                              uber white belt death metal pwnage!!!!
                              You're such a moron Mikey......SlipKnot is Thrash/Metalcore......I think "Safety Dance" would have been a much more appropriate song for that grappling display.

Cankles,

You posted that you had contacted Renzo or some Renzo rep re: Mike Anderson and Chris, can you cut and paste the email correspondence here?

Also, let me know when your going up and I will try to make the trip with you; You, I and Sort (or some combo thereof) should be able to give Chris' grappling/BJJ an honest assessment.

It would also be good to ask Mike Wells if he would be willing to way in on this since he is from up there. Maybe Sort can speak with Mike about it.

Comment

Chris

Just to make things clear, are you saying you trained with "Henzo" and his students at the academy or Anderson and his students at the academy? What is the name/names of the academy where you did your training in New Jersey? If there is more than one please elaborate. Is Anderson the person who actually handed you your blackbelt, if not who was it? Can you provide contact info for your past instructors or schools, I appreciate you offering the one gentlemans contact information but I feel it has no bearing being that we are interested in what transpired in the past.

Do you have any bjj competition history? If so can you provide us with some details of your competition participation?

Did you receive your bjj black belt at the same place you received your TKD blackbelt?

Where does Anderson currently train/teach?

Thanks

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X