Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impact House & Chris Van Valkenburg - BJJ Blackbelt?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Cankles
    I just noticed that purple belt tag. Cool! Looks funny next to the noob thing! LOL!!! Need the pro fighter one, though, too. Let's see if I can make some up. Let's see....Best looking old man...Well, I at least have GoldenJonas beat on that one!!! LOL!!!!!
    Cankles has a 2-2 pro record fighting for ATT-Orlando. Staffer can PM me for verification.

    Pls. introduce yourself mrmonk. Are you Van Valkenburg or a friend or student of his?

    If you are, you would be better served addressing the questions about your qualifications rather than thinly veiled chest puffing.
    Last edited by GoldenJonas; 5/25/2008 10:00pm, .

    Comment


      #47
      Hello, I currently am a student in ImpactHouseMMA. I've read two forums reading about how Chris is a fraud. I am not saying he is, nor am I saying he isn't. Points made seem very legit, and make Chris seem very questionable. I will not reveal my identity, however, as a student, I would like to find out whether or not Chris is legit, because not only do I not want to waste 85 a month, but I also do not want to learn things that are taught by a non-professional. I want to help the best I can, pm me and I will try to find out as much information as I can.

      Comment


        #48
        How long have you been training there? Do you/have you compete/d?

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by BreakTheFraud
          Hello, I currently am a student in ImpactHouseMMA. I've read two forums reading about how Chris is a fraud. I am not saying he is, nor am I saying he isn't. Points made seem very legit, and make Chris seem very questionable. I will not reveal my identity, however, as a student, I would like to find out whether or not Chris is legit, because not only do I not want to waste 85 a month, but I also do not want to learn things that are taught by a non-professional. I want to help the best I can, pm me and I will try to find out as much information as I can.

          Can anyone in your class tap him? Can anyone tap him on a consistant basis? If so what are their ranks/time in? Who is the next highest ranked person in class? Has he promoted anyone yet to any colored belt?

          Comment


            #50
            replying to both messages...
            Id rather not be specific on how long i have been there, but I have been there long enough to be lured into a false sense of security if that be the case...

            The only two students i've heard being close are a former WEC fighter I haven't met, and another student named Matt Monk. Matt weighs 220 pounds, a former state weightlifting champion, and a firefighter. He has been doing MMA for a little over 2 months, and will be fighting a Rage in the Cage match in NC soon. The WEC fighter has come in a couple times, I don't know his name, and Matt comes in on his days off. Firefighters work 24 hour shifts so on the days off he comes; the times he comes in are unspecific, but I have heard he shows up at least 4 or 5 times a week. The next highest ranked people in the class would have to be an instructor/student by the name of Laci Szabo, and Russel Watson. Supposedly Russel is a former U.S. Olympic boxer (I'm unsure thats why I say supposedly) and yes thats supposed to be only 1 L. Laci I think is specialized in Muay Thai, but that I am also unsure of, both guys seem pretty credible, and experienced. There are currently no belts, and no way to distinguish your rank in the class besides just showing what experience you have or don't have. GoldenJonas, I didn't understand your second question, but I hope I answered both of your questions with thorough knowledge. Anything else you would like to know just ask.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by mrmonk
              do you have an exact day you will be there i dont want to miss you.
              Oh, man. I think I lost my coolest screen name tag!!! I love that show!!!

              Matt-

              If I make it up there, the only person I have an issue with is the one who is saying he is a black belt, when he's not. I spoke to him on the phone and he told me he is a black belt under Dan Anderson, who is a BB under Renzo. There is no BB under Renzo with that name. Renzo doesn't even know a guy by that name. He also told me he trained with Renzo for a couple of months. Renzo has no idea who this guy is.

              Not to mention the fact that he didn't even spell Renzo's name correctly. MULTIPLE TIMES. I can post the e-mail here that he sent to a friend of mine. He also said he got his BB in TWO YEARS!!!!! BJ Penn didn't even do that!!!

              This is what upsets me. If you want to PM me, feel free to do so.

              btw- For the record, I wouldn't leave him sleeping on the mat. Anything that would happen, would be strictly proffesional, unless escalation starts on his end. If that is what upset you, I appologise.

              John

              Also, Matt- If you want quality MMA training, I would suggest going to Rich Crunkelton's gym in New Smyrna.
              Last edited by Cankles; 5/26/2008 4:01pm, .

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by GoldenJonas
                Cankles has a 2-2 pro record fighting for ATT-Orlando. Staffer can PM me for verification.

                Pls. introduce yourself mrmonk. Are you Van Valkenburg or a friend or student of his?

                If you are, you would be better served addressing the questions about your qualifications rather than thinly veiled chest puffing.
                I am a student. I am sure you can guess which one, but if you are coming down i would like to meet you and watch to see how good chris is compared to you. Also, i am looking for people to grapple with because there are few that are my size and if your good than i would love to grapple with you too because the only way to get better is to face someone better than yourself. I only know what chris has told me regarding his BB, but regardless I have learned alot more than I knew and more and more people keep coming from other gyms, so that means more people to clash up against. Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." If you have a problem with Chris just go talk to him, he is a nice guy trying to teach and he has been nothing but helpfull, dont go bashing someone you have never met and and go talk about him on a website where what one person says gets elevated to the point were everyone sounds like a bunch of house wives with a juicy rumor that no one can verify. Talk to him get all your questions answered and if he doesn't meet your specifications for whatever reason confront him first before you talk poorly behind his back.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by mrmonk
                  I am a student. I am sure you can guess which one, but if you are coming down i would like to meet you and watch to see how good chris is compared to you. Also, i am looking for people to grapple with because there are few that are my size and if your good than i would love to grapple with you too because the only way to get better is to face someone better than yourself. I only know what chris has told me regarding his BB, but regardless I have learned alot more than I knew and more and more people keep coming from other gyms, so that means more people to clash up against. Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." If you have a problem with Chris just go talk to him, he is a nice guy trying to teach and he has been nothing but helpfull, dont go bashing someone you have never met and and go talk about him on a website where what one person says gets elevated to the point were everyone sounds like a bunch of house wives with a juicy rumor that no one can verify. Talk to him get all your questions answered and if he doesn't meet your specifications for whatever reason confront him first before you talk poorly behind his back.
                  monk

                  nobody is jumping the gun here, he was called and questioned, he provided answers that were verified and proven to be false. nobody has sad a word about chris' personality. i could not imagine an investigation being more civil.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Matt- You truely seem like a good guy. I respect the fact that you are sticking up for your instructor in a classy way. Like I said before, I appolgise for stepping over the line with that comment. It was said out of frustraction. Frustration over the fact that he is taking the cheap way out to get something that people like me are busting their butts for 8-10 or more years to get. If you train at Richie's gym, or Sean Wells' gym, you will get much better training AND better people to train with.

                    I see you appear to be a Christian man. I am, as well. Don't forget about Prov 28:23 He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue. Also, Prov 22:1 A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

                    John

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Cankles
                      Matt- You truely seem like a good guy. I respect the fact that you are sticking up for your instructor in a classy way. Like I said before, I appolgise for stepping over the line with that comment. It was said out of frustraction. Frustration over the fact that he is taking the cheap way out to get something that people like me are busting their butts for 8-10 or more years to get. If you train at Richie's gym, or Sean Wells' gym, you will get much better training AND better people to train with.

                      I see you appear to be a Christian man. I am, as well. Don't forget about Prov 28:23 He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue. Also, Prov 22:1 A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

                      John
                      John- You sound like a good guy as well! I appreciate you suggesting to me Richie's Gym and/or Sean Wells' Gym, I do intend on checking them out in the near future. However, I still have more to learn from Chris (BB or not he does know more BJJ than I do) and my striking instructor Russell Watson, who is an experienced kickboxer. I respect your knowledge and experience, and I appreciate your concern about all this and hope it gets resolved quickly. God Bless.

                      Matt

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Lets not forget:

                        Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

                        My name is Ryan, friend of Mrmonk and another student of Chris's.

                        Chris is a genuinely nice guy. If anyone had questions or concerns, you definitely could have come to him directly about it.
                        Regardless of his creditials (which I know very little details of), Chris is an excellent teacher, along with Russell, another fantastic teacher with 70+ professional kickboxing fights under his belt. (to the best of my knowledge)

                        The idea, posted by "danielson", that this no one 'jumped the gun' here is a bit humorous, to say the least. To my knowledge, the only actions taken place so far have been a series of prank calls and childish harassments (calling and asking for naked jujitsu, myspace postings), followed by one single person who came by, asked nothing, did some live grappling and is assumed (perhaps not by he himself) to have been an acutal bout. Even the title of this thread was changed to alter the results to smear his name.

                        No one has asked anything in person man-to-man or acted with any semblance of honor, the very thing that this forum perports to protect. If this community is to achieve its self-proclaimed goals, your course of actions needs to be altered drastically.

                        What I would like to see, is if anyone would like to discuss this further, to arrange a time and come down and speak about this in person. Until then, I think the title of this thread should be changed if you want to keep the status of not 'jumping the gun'.

                        Anyway, if anyone here would like to do some live grappling and test Chris's teaching skils, I weigh 145 and would accept any offers, I'm sure mrmonk is interested as well for anyone in the heavier weightclasses. As with Matt, I am a beliver that one can only get better by testing one's self againt tougher opponents. If anyone thinks they are, let us know when you're coming.

                        Edit: I'm glad to see from Cankles' posts that this can be a friendly discussion, and I look forward to meeting you all. Thanks guys!

                        Thanks,
                        -Ryan


                        Last edited by Citizen; 5/26/2008 5:44pm, .

                        Comment


                          #57
                          No one jumped the gun, and there were several attempts to get information from Chris directly, and all the evidence states that he is a liar and a fraud. That is how these threads came to be.



                          Chris is not a black belt under Renzo, and he certainly didn't get it in a record breaking 2 years. This alone makes anything he claims or teaches completely and fully suspect, and that is completely reasonable.
                          FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.


                          www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com


                          facebook.com/ABMMA

                          Comment


                            #58
                            BTW. I'm 145lbs myself, and I'll be in Flagler county next week for my birthday. I'm injured right now, but I'm willing to roll with you in a friendly match just to prove a point.
                            FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.


                            www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com


                            facebook.com/ABMMA

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Mikey Triangles
                              BTW. I'm 145lbs myself, and I'll be in Flagler county next week for my birthday. I'm injured right now, but I'm willing to roll with you in a friendly match just to prove a point.
                              I'm coming off of a fractured rib myself. Just let me know what's injured and we can avoid it, thats what we usually do in practice. I would be happy to grapple with you and I look forward to the opportunity to learn from the experience.

                              Thanks,
                              -Ryan

                              Comment


                                #60
                                I'm 170, and I'll let you know when I'm coming by.

                                Matt- Did you used to wrestle about 160lbs?
                                Last edited by Cankles; 5/26/2008 6:23pm, .

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X