Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Murat Keshtov @ K-Dojo, Fairfield, NJ: BJJ, Sambo, Judo, Karate -Anyone know??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murat Keshtov @ K-Dojo, Fairfield, NJ: BJJ, Sambo, Judo, Karate -Anyone know??

Hey everybody
    Wondering if I can get some help or info on this place in Fairfield, NJ. The web site is

www.kdojo.com

They claim to do sambo, bjj, judo, muay thai, kickboxing. They seem to be part of a Circassian (russian) community. I found one of their guys took 2nd place in no-gi naga worlds 2008 beginner, and the same guy fought a serra guy in an am fight in NJ recently to a decision loss. They seem to have their base in Sambo, and are trying to start some kind of mma team, but I can't really get any info on them and nobody seems to know. The main coaches name is Murat Keshtov and they call him Master K for short. If anybody knows or can find out anything, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rockinstylee; 4/29/2008 12:27pm, .

We have been asking about this guy on our forum:
    Worldwide Grappling Forums - Murat Keshtov. New Jersey?

Not much info on the guy. So far nobody I have asked in the sambo community knows him. This is not to say he is a fraud, just that he is not known so far.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Comment

hahaha wow beginner 2nd place at naga. I know a guy who never really grappled before place 1st in naga. beginner light weight master div. im pretty sure you could place too if your cardio was better the the other grapplers in the lower ranked div.

Comment

I actually train at K Dojo and Ive known Murat for many years, not only cause im circassian but he's actually my neighbor. He was a champion in Russia and the guy who competed in Naga actually moved from Russia to the US to train with us and work at K Dojo. These are the most amazing guys you'll ever meet, truly. They both are world champions in Tae Kwon Do, etc. Murat is a 4 dan black belt and Ozzy(the other guy) who is only 19 years old is a 2 dan black belt. The school is no joke. They are the nicest guys in the world but they train you really hard. There is no belt system in the MMA class so there is no limit to what he teaches. Jui jitsu, Judo, Grappling, Wrestling, Thai Boxing, Tae Kwon Do, Sambo. Its a new school, open only less than a year but he had another school in Booton prior to this one. The only way your gonna know if its good is to come check us out. Monday nights (grappling), Wednesday nights( stand-up and ground game), Friday nights( usually all stand-up). You can come and work with us for one class no charge. If you like it, join us! If not, its okay, no harm done! Dont know if you checked out the website. Its www.kdojo.com. Let me know what you think, and if you decide to come i'll see you there! Hope this could help you a little. And in defense to Ozzy. He had only trained in jui jitsu (dont know if im even spelling that right) for about three months when he went into the tornament. He had never competed in a grappling tornament before and the beginners group are supposedly people who have trained over a year, which is not true cause the guy he competed with in the final round was amazing and submitted everyone, and he won a couple other naga tornaments prior to that one. I dont know about you, but 6 guys representing a new school competing with over 2500 people and took home 2 silver metals. Not to bad in my book, and thats only the beginning! U be the judge! Later!

Comment

By the way, your right Murat is not known in the US because im not sure if he ever competed here, but i'll ask him. Definitely in Russia tho. Also you gotta ask the right people. Try Renzo Gracie! Later!

Comment

I saw one of their guys doing amateur MMA at Lou Neglia's show, other than the fact he didn't seem to know the rules, he had skills. Have no idea about the claims, but for MMA, the skills are sort of what matters, no?

Comment

Thanks Du, I will post this on our WWG thread as well.

Do you know when he was a sambo world champ? What year? TKD as well? What does "etc" refer to in terms of his world championships?

It is good to see more sambo out there.
              Last edited by sambosteve; 6/05/2008 10:42am, .
              One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Comment

K-Dojo appears to be about 10 miles from Dayn DeRose's school. If anyone could vet and/or vouch for this guy, Dayn could find out.
                Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.
                "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
                Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
                Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
                Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
                Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
                Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a pussy or just cruising for some
                I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
                TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
                ATTN TOM KAGAN
                World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
                Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
                I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
                Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Comment

I asked Dayn on our WWG thread. He does not know the guy.

Comment

Are you saying there's a Sambo guy - a "champion" no less - who also teaches BJJ, Judo, and Karate within spitting distance of Dayn, and yet Dayn doesn't know him???

I'm not suggesting that's impossible, but I think it certainly raises a red flag.
                    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.
                    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
                    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
                    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
                    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
                    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
                    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a pussy or just cruising for some
                    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
                    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
                    ATTN TOM KAGAN
                    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
                    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
                    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
                    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Comment

Du: Thanks for posting about your school. The two head instructors shown on the school's website are listed as 4th and 2nd degree black belts. Is this in Tae Kwon Do and do they have ranks/belts in any of the other styles they have lsited? It seems strange that they both list TKD near the bottom of their styles.

Also, teaching "anything and everything" is not necessarily a good thing, even for an MMA class. You wouldn't want me to come and teach Fluid Dynamics at your class would you? :toothy10:

Comment

Yeah that was his first amatuer MMA fight and its not so much that he didnt know the rules but after they explained the rules to him he said," How am I supposed to fight the guy if I cant hit him!" LOL, he said that because hes a striker and some of the rules were no striking to the face when on the floor, no kicks to the head while standing, and i think knee strikes where not allowed. All in all, i thought he dominated the grappling game the whole fight with exception to the triangle he got caught with in the first minute of the fight, lol!

You can check there credentials on the website in the "About Us" tab. It lists competitions and championships they where in and/or won.

As for people knowing Murat, I can honestly say that nobody will probably know him except Renzo Gracie or the guys in that school. Unless maybe you know some big people from Russia that would probably know him, lol! But take my word for it, hes pretty f-ing sick in everything!

Like I said the school only been open for less than a year. I believe about 7 months to be exact. I guess the best thing to do is stop by and see what we're all about. You can even sit down and talk with Murat if you want. You can try to talk to Ozzy and help him work on his English, lol, which has improved alot. Really I must emphasize how kind they are for such strong well rounded fighters. You wouldnt expect them to be like that!

By the way if anybody is interested Ozzy has a Kick Boxing match coming up next weekend in NY. I'll try to get more details abou it soon. Later!

Comment

LOL to fluid dynamics! Yes the black belts I believe are both in TKD. As for what is taught in the school, its: TKD, Thai Boxing, Sambo, BJJ, Judo, and Grappling!

And yes my friend it isnt impossible because its true! Im assuming Dayn is famous? Where is his school? Maybe we can get together sometime and train with each other!?

Comment

Why would it raise a Red Flag?

Comment

Originally posted by sambosteve
                              Thanks Du, I will post this on our WWG thread as well.

Do you know when he was a sambo world champ? What year? TKD as well? What does "etc" refer to in terms of his world championships?

It is good to see more sambo out there.
                              To add onto Steve's question concerning the TKD: Which organization is Ozzy and Master K. affliated with. You mention they are both world champions in TKD but the website only mentions Ozzy being a world champion. I'm interested to know the affliation as there are so many different TKD orgs out there. Are you able to post their full names as well?

Thanks for posting and replies.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X