Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear of I Shin in South Florida?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Let's see, at least 3 of us for sure- Neko, Pandinha and myself. I believe that wingchundo, el macho, and jeffrey are on the fence or mentioned they might be coming so it could total 6.

    You fellas wanna confirm?

    I'll bring my gi jacket. I thought it might be disrespectful to tie it together with a belt earned in another style. Whatever, we'll see what happens.

    Comment


      No mats?

      Comment


        No mats for throws? :icon_scra

        BTW, count me in.

        Comment


          Originally posted by wendyful
          Cups are mandatory because I've heard it hurts kinda bad when a man gets hit there.


          You have no idea little one

          Originally posted by wendyful
          On a serious note, people can be partnered up to practice kicks, etc. If your partner doesn't have as much control as you'd like, he may hit a soft spot instead of the intended area.




          Originally posted by wendyful
          Yes to throws, etc.
          Originally posted by wendyful

          No to mats.




          What about submissions?

          Originally posted by wendyful
          How many of you are coming?



          Originally posted by Phrost
          Yeah, you're probably right.

          But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
          Originally posted by Phrost
          There are two kinds of members on MAP:

          1. LARPers/Partial Artists
          2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
          The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

          Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
          Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
          Get with the times and punch a chick.
          Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

          Originally posted by wingchundo
          Hey, I resemble that remark!

          Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

          OK. Here goes.

          You are what you eat!

          Comment


            I hate to do this, being the topic starter and all, but I probably won't be able to make it Wednesday. Work has been insane lately and I've regularly been staying past 7 p.m. working on projects and stuff.

            So at this point, count me out.

            Might be better to limit it to 3 or 4 anyways so it doesn't look like a GONG SAU DOJO STORM!!!! Which it decidedly is not.

            Again, props to all for handling this situation like adults and in a calm manner. I especially appreciate the students of the dojo for responding to our questions.

            Comment


              I'd say it be BudoMonkey, wingchundo, Anthony (Pandhina), Neko, Jeffrey and myself, give or take two.... I can't do simple mat at this time in the morning.

              [edit]

              wing is out.... so, that's like, what? 5 bipedal mammals I think.

              Comment


                Originally posted by El Neko
                What about submissions?
                I'd be very wary of grappling on solid floor on a regular basis without mats, too, even with knee and elbow pads. It could be done, but could not be sustained on the long run.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by wingchundo
                  I hate to do this, being the topic starter and all, but I probably won't be able to make it Wednesday. Work has been insane lately and I've regularly been staying past 7 p.m. working on projects and stuff.

                  So at this point, count me out.

                  Might be better to limit it to 3 or 4 anyways so it doesn't look like a GONG SAU DOJO STORM!!!! Which it decidedly is not.

                  Again, props to all for handling this situation like adults and in a calm manner. I especially appreciate the students of the dojo for responding to our questions.
                  Pssst... Pussy

                  Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                  I'd be very wary of grappling on solid floor on a regular basis without mats, too, even with knee and elbow pads. It could be done, but could not be sustained on the long run.
                  Pssst... Pussy


                  On a serious note, I'm actually concern with the whole throws on solid floor, it could be done, but now I understand why the Shihan has to fix their injuries
                  Originally posted by Phrost
                  Yeah, you're probably right.

                  But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
                  Originally posted by Phrost
                  There are two kinds of members on MAP:

                  1. LARPers/Partial Artists
                  2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
                  The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

                  Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
                  Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
                  Get with the times and punch a chick.
                  Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

                  Originally posted by wingchundo
                  Hey, I resemble that remark!

                  Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

                  OK. Here goes.

                  You are what you eat!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by El Neko
                    Pssst... Pussy
                    Hey, I resemble that remark!

                    Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

                    OK. Here goes.

                    You are what you eat!

                    Comment


                      6:00 is kind of early for me, as I don't normally get off work until 5:30. I will *try* to make it. I may show up late and have to merely observe, however.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by BudoMonkey
                        I'll bring my gi jacket. I thought it might be disrespectful to tie it together with a belt earned in another style. Whatever, we'll see what happens.
                        Because iShin isn't a belt factory, not much emphasis is placed on belts except to keep the gi closed. You can definitely wear your own belt to tie your gi.

                        No mats.

                        Btw, Shihan fought for WKA, WKO, WUMA, WICKO, and other European organizations. I know this will prompt a ton more questions, to which I won't know any answers. Write them down and ask Shihan when you meet him.

                        DISCLAIMER: Shihan obviously has the last word on all of the rules, explanations, styles, etc. So if I misspoke at all, blame it all on Wendy when you see him. ;)

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by wingchundo
                          Hey, I resemble that remark!

                          Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

                          OK. Here goes.

                          You are what you eat!
                          Well played my friend, I'm using this one in the future, and I'm gonna request that everybody stops calling me "Big Guy"
                          Originally posted by Phrost
                          Yeah, you're probably right.

                          But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
                          Originally posted by Phrost
                          There are two kinds of members on MAP:

                          1. LARPers/Partial Artists
                          2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
                          The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

                          Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
                          Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
                          Get with the times and punch a chick.
                          Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

                          Originally posted by wingchundo
                          Hey, I resemble that remark!

                          Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

                          OK. Here goes.

                          You are what you eat!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by El Neko
                            Well played my friend, I'm using this one in the future, and I'm gonna request that everybody stops calling me "Big Guy"
                            You shall henceforth be known as "Little Guy."

                            Rise, my apprentice.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by wingchundo
                              You shall henceforth be known as "Little Guy."

                              Rise, my apprentice.
                              oh great, now I'm a Sith.... FUCK YEAH!!!!!
                              Originally posted by Phrost
                              Yeah, you're probably right.

                              But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
                              Originally posted by Phrost
                              There are two kinds of members on MAP:

                              1. LARPers/Partial Artists
                              2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
                              The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

                              Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
                              Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
                              Get with the times and punch a chick.
                              Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

                              Originally posted by wingchundo
                              Hey, I resemble that remark!

                              Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

                              OK. Here goes.

                              You are what you eat!

                              Comment


                                I used to train with a buddy at his dojo now again and he had a judo instructor who, after the class practicing on mats, would sometimes slide them away and have us compete against one another in front of the rest of the students on the hard wood floor. It's definetely a good way to get hurt, but it's also a good way to motivate you to stay on your feet I suppose.

                                I guess that in their situation, where they are practicing throws more as stand alone techniques and not as an entire style, it's good enough for them. Either way- when in rome...

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X