Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear of I Shin in South Florida?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Pandinha
    Man, rolling with the big boys now makes me realize how much size and strength matter. I got crushed by one of the senior blues tonight, tweaked my back big time.

    On that note, I'm a very active grappler nowadays at 235lbs. :)

    Only ten pounds to lose so I can compete at HW for NAGA.
    At our age, them vertebraes pop like popcorn :) I'm counting on being good to go soon (1 more month or so), so let's see if I'm showing up at NAGA as well (cross fingers.)

    I'm game this Weds or the next. I'll bring my camera if the hosts are ok with it.

    -- btw, last time I saw you in your fight, you looked pretty solid dude.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

    Comment


      #47
      Haha, it's definitely not a cult. I was being rhetorical and tired of being grilled by you guys. I'm one of his lower-level students (hence the computer nerd always on the Interweb).:icon_geek We're definitely all at different IPs. Mr. NY is in NY, Diana in Germany, and me locally. I felt like we didn't answer fast enough lol, which is why I got so vocal. I'll just simmer down now and let some of his more senior students answer your technical questions if they choose. Or like I said, just come by, especially if you're that close.

      Btw, I'm not sure where you got your times from (the website might be outdated), but it's Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 6pm -7:30pm. I hope that doesn't inconvenience you guys overly much. Shihan Bernie will be very excited to see you if you show up next Wednesday.

      You can PM me if you need directions there. Will this board notify me of PMs?


      P.S. Hi Diana!

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by wendyful
        Haha, it's definitely not a cult. I was being rhetorical and tired of being grilled by you guys.




        Originally posted by wendyful
        I'm one of his lower-level students (hence the computer nerd always on the Interweb).
        Originally posted by wendyful
        We're definitely all at different IPs. Mr. NY is in NY, Diana in Germany, and me locally. I felt like we didn't answer fast enough lol, which is why I got so vocal. I'll just simmer down now and let some of his more senior students answer your technical questions if they choose. Or like I said, just come by, especially if you're that close.






        Originally posted by wendyful
        Btw, I'm not sure where you got your times from (the website might be outdated), but it's Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 6pm -7:30pm. I hope that doesn't inconvenience you guys overly much. Shihan Bernie will be very excited to see you if you show up next Wednesday.






        Originally posted by wendyful
        You can PM me if you need directions there. Will this board notify me of PMs?


        Since the class times are not updated, is the location still the same as in the website?


        Originally posted by Phrost
        Yeah, you're probably right.

        But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
        Originally posted by Phrost
        There are two kinds of members on MAP:

        1. LARPers/Partial Artists
        2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
        The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

        Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
        Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
        Get with the times and punch a chick.
        Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

        Originally posted by wingchundo
        Hey, I resemble that remark!

        Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

        OK. Here goes.

        You are what you eat!

        Comment


          #49
          Fridays are tough for me. I'm still down for next wed though.
          "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

          Originally posted by Squerlli
          And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

          Comment


            #50
            I may able to go not this Wednesday, but next Wednesday as well. And I'm definitely interested in a mini-throwdown. Saturdays are rough because I work, but my shift doesn't start until 3 p.m., so as long as it's early enough, I may be up for putting on the gi for the first time in months and getting rickrolled.
            Official member of the Bruce Buffer 360 War Wagon

            Comment


              #51
              then next Wed it is
              Originally posted by Phrost
              Yeah, you're probably right.

              But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
              Originally posted by Phrost
              There are two kinds of members on MAP:

              1. LARPers/Partial Artists
              2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
              The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

              Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
              Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
              Get with the times and punch a chick.
              Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

              Originally posted by wingchundo
              Hey, I resemble that remark!

              Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

              OK. Here goes.

              You are what you eat!

              Comment


                #52
                Next weds it is then.

                Wingchundo, if you want to roll this saturday, come on down to ATT coconut creek.
                Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by El Neko
                  is the location still the same as in the website?
                  Yes.

                  ALPHA - Honbu of I-Shin
                  International Martial arts
                  Palm Beach Gym and Fitness Center
                  660 Linton Blvd. #104
                  Delray Beach FL 33444

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by wendyful
                    Yes.

                    ALPHA - Honbu of I-Shin
                    International Martial arts
                    Palm Beach Gym and Fitness Center
                    660 Linton Blvd. #104
                    Delray Beach FL 33444
                    I literally used to live right around the corner on Atlantic.
                    Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Hello all,

                      I am one of the students at the I Shin dojo and was asked to check in on this board to see if there are any questions I can help answer. I haven't had time to read every post on this thread so forgive me if I sound repetitive. I see that some of you may visit our little class on wednesday. It would be a pleasure to meet you all. I have trained with Bernd for app. 5 years here in the States.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by solowarrior
                        Hello all,

                        I am one of the students at the I Shin dojo and was asked to check in on this board to see if there are any questions I can help answer. I haven't had time to read every post on this thread so forgive me if I sound repetitive. I see that some of you may visit our little class on wednesday. It would be a pleasure to meet you all. I have trained with Bernd for app. 5 years here in the States.
                        I think it's great that your Shihan or whoever wants you to go out on the web and defend your style. At least it'll give you some introspection, and you can always learn from others.

                        Neko, don't forget the extra batteries.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by cyril
                          Neko, don't forget the extra batteries.
                          It wouldn't be funny if it wasn't true, nah, I think I'm only bringing my photo camera (I can take decent video on it), because it turns out that the battery in my video camera is fry and I totally forgot to buy a new battery (if I remember before next Wed. I might buy another one)
                          Originally posted by Phrost
                          Yeah, you're probably right.

                          But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
                          Originally posted by Phrost
                          There are two kinds of members on MAP:

                          1. LARPers/Partial Artists
                          2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
                          The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

                          Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
                          Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
                          Get with the times and punch a chick.
                          Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

                          Originally posted by wingchundo
                          Hey, I resemble that remark!

                          Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

                          OK. Here goes.

                          You are what you eat!

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by El Neko
                            It wouldn't be funny if it wasn't true, nah, I think I'm only bringing my photo camera (I can take decent video on it), because it turns out that the battery in my video camera is fry and I totally forgot to buy a new battery (if I remember before next Wed. I might buy another one)
                            My little HD Video camera will do the trick. Same one we used for the rudy fight.
                            Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                            "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Pandinha
                              My little HD Video camera will do the trick. Same one we used for the rudy fight.
                              That'll do, I'm still bringing my camera to take some pictures and stuff.

                              By the way, at what time on Saturday?
                              Originally posted by Phrost
                              Yeah, you're probably right.

                              But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
                              Originally posted by Phrost
                              There are two kinds of members on MAP:

                              1. LARPers/Partial Artists
                              2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
                              The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

                              Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
                              Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
                              Get with the times and punch a chick.
                              Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

                              Originally posted by wingchundo
                              Hey, I resemble that remark!

                              Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

                              OK. Here goes.

                              You are what you eat!

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Yes, only a fool thinks he has learned all there is to learn. No style is the perfect be-all and end-all and only ego makes a person thinks his style is superior to any other style. I have trained other styles over the years. In the end, it is which style and which teacher fits the practitioner for the best possible results. I will say this though - The man who trains me is the real deal. You can decide when you meet him and understand his history in East Berlin when it was behind the Iron Curtain. I do not think there are too many teachers out there that have his experience in the street, the dojo, the military, the "with rules" ring, and especially the "anything goes" ring. For 30 years, his passion has been for martial arts, his love is for martial arts. Not money, not trophies, not fame...the art. It is a rare thing.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X