No announcement yet.

Anyone hear of I Shin in South Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was until three weeks ago training at One Dragon MA in Pembroke Pines. I could tag along to watch but won't participate because of my back. Lemme know.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

It looks like a wednesday would be best for all of us, the time is 7:30 to 9pm.
      Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
      "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Awesome, I've been wanting to work on my grappling. Do you compete?
        Right now I'm with training with Nee's kung fu in pembroke pines and fighting sanshou, but I have trained in muay thai, boxing and judo and have a bb in shotokan. I'm not feeble when it comes to ju jitsu, and I can handle myself on the ground, but I've never gotten into it full on and studied it as in individual art like I would've like to. Maybe I'll come by top team, they do great work.

When do you want to go by this school?
        "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Originally posted by Squerlli
        And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

I could swing wendesday.
          "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

Originally posted by BudoMonkey
            Awesome, I've been wanting to work on my grappling. Do you compete?
            Right now I'm with training with Nee's kung fu in pembroke pines and fighting sanshou, but I have trained in muay thai, boxing and judo and have a bb in shotokan. I'm not feeble when it comes to ju jitsu, and I can handle myself on the ground, but I've never gotten into it full on and studied it as in individual art like I would've like to. Maybe I'll come by top team, they do great work.

When do you want to go by this school?
            I dabble really. BJJ and MMA is a hobby for me. But I am competing this NAGA in June. If you want to have a mini throwdown, I'm sure we can all meet at ATT this saturday. I need to work on my takedowns, and Neko has offered me some training.
            "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

this one (April 24) or the following one (May 1st)?
              Originally posted by Phrost
              Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
              There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
              2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
              The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
              Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
              Get with the times and punch a chick.
              Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

Originally posted by wingchundo
              Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                I was until three weeks ago training at One Dragon MA in Pembroke Pines. I could tag along to watch but won't participate because of my back. Lemme know.
                Man, rolling with the big boys now makes me realize how much size and strength matter. I got crushed by one of the senior blues tonight, tweaked my back big time.

On that note, I'm a very active grappler nowadays at 235lbs. :)

Only ten pounds to lose so I can compete at HW for NAGA.

Comment

Originally posted by El Neko
                  this one (April 24) or the following one (May 1st)?
                  Up to you, I can swing this upcoming Weds. Or next.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandinha
                    On that note, I'm a very active grappler nowadays at 235lbs. :)

Only ten pounds to lose so I can compete at HW for NAGA.
                    Good luck to you at NAGA. I'm gonna be at the NE one on the 28th of June.

About this guy's school though, is he claiming to have MMA fights? If so, isn't the real issue the following: Does he teach grappling now, and if so, under what expertice?
                    Originally posted by Sarcastro
                    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandinha
                      I dabble really. BJJ and MMA is a hobby for me. But I am competing this NAGA in June. If you want to have a mini throwdown, I'm sure we can all meet at ATT this saturday. I need to work on my takedowns, and Neko has offered me some training.
                      More than happy to help you with that, I need some working on my escapes too and my ground has been pretty shitty lately.

Are u competing in Gi or no Gi?

also, this place is like 7 minutes away from my apartment, so whenever is more convenient for you guys, it'll work for me

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.

Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

Right now I'm only thinking gi. Its where I'm putting all my time in.

I'll call you tomorrow to setup.

Comment

sounds like a plan, if I don't answer, leave a message and I'll call you right back, sometimes I don't get reception in my office for the phone calls, but the messages come right thru

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

I know Shihan Bernd Hartmann for more than 15 years now. I was 12 when I met him the first time. He not only teached me in martial arts. He also put me on the right path of life without drugs, alkohol, voilence, ...! Unfortunately he left Germany 8 years ago and from that time on I did not found such a great instructor here in Berlin again.
                            The style is kind of mixture of the main martial art styles (karate, kung fu, aikido, judo, taek wondo, jujitsu, ...). It takes the best and most effective techniques from them and creates a knew style it own. The I-Shin students are teached not to fight against each other or to fight foreign people. It's our philosophy to solve problems without violence but to defend attacks if necessary.
                            I advise everybody to join a lesson with him. You will see and learn the great spirit of the training.
                            (Sorry, for mistakes in spelling ... I'm German. ;-)
                            Last edited by Diana; 4/22/2008 2:14am, .

Comment

Next wed, april 30th is best for me. Can we plan for that?
                              Yea I definetely wanna meet up with you guys and work on some stuff. Att fort lauderdale, coconut creek, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Diana
                                I know Shihan Bernd Hartmann for more than 15 years now. I was 12 when I met him the first time. He not only taught me in martial arts. He also put me on the right path of life without drugs, alcohol, violence... Unfortunately he left Germany 8 years ago and from that time on I did not found such a great instructor here in Berlin again.

Originally posted by Diana
                                The style is kind of mixture of the main martial art styles (karate, kung fu, aikido, judo, tae kwon do, jujitsu ...). It takes the best and most effective techniques from them and creates a new style it own. The I-Shin students are taught not to fight against each other or to fight foreign people. It's our philosophy to solve problems without violence but to defend attacks if necessary.

Also, if possible could a Mod check the IP addresses? It surprises me that this many I-Shin students answer the threat this fast.

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X