No announcement yet.

Anyone hear of I Shin in South Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will someone tell me exactly WHAT martial art trains you to counter/do anything at all about 2 bullets to the centermass and one to the head? I like how thats the perfect counter to a wrestler. I guess everyone else he fights is Remo Williams.
    Originally posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by epkenpo2
      I don't train with Bernie but Have known and and shared knowledge with him since 2003, I dont know his credential and dont care to be honest,
      So basically, you add nothing at all to the conversation at this point except rude, incoherent babbling.

MY dick is bigger and better fights"
      Please show me where this happened in this thread. Until you arrived, it was friendly and respectful.

and being a JUI-JITSU or ground fighter you give it away right away
      Right... because "jui-jitsu" people don't know how to run away when faced with a weapon... YOU HAVE A GUN??!? OMG!!! [email protected]@132

Again, you're just crapping up this thread. Please stop.
      Official member of the Bruce Buffer 360 War Wagon

Comment

Woa, I'm off this thread for, like 48 hours and we got some loose cannon babbling nonsense? Anyways, good to see you guys still retained your composture and still got the time to do a mini-throwdown today. Nice!
        Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

ATT (not the school visit) Get together with video here:
          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69259

Comment

I don't know how much of a good idea this is, but given that we won't be able to spar at Bernie's school, shouldn't we invite some of the I-Shin crew to a mini throwdown? (granted, I don't believe either that they will come, but we could be pleasantly surprise)
            Originally posted by Phrost
            Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
            There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
            2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
            The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
            Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
            Get with the times and punch a chick.
            Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

Originally posted by wingchundo
            Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

I think that would be a wonderful idea. I usually don't use the word *wondeful* because it makes me sound kind of ghey, but I think the idea is great. So far all the bullies have been polite towards them, regardless of the level of skepticism displayed thus far.

We can invite them, let them watch or participate as they please. And who knows, maybe then can join afterwards for a beer and a cheeseburger.
              Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

I'd def be down for a mini throwdown. I dont have much experience in martial arts and i am willing to learn. I just have a very hectic schedule as of right now with school and work. But ill be done with classes in a week or so, i'd love to come out then.

Comment

however im not really into beer and cheeseburgers lol... ill bring a protein shake and a grilled chicken wrap instead lol :qgaraduat

Comment

I'm down for a throwdown, just lemme know in advance so I can get a sitter. What are the rules? MMa rules? Elbows?
                    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Originally posted by Squerlli
                    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

The rules are up to the participants, normally I only grapple, some people might only want to do standing, while some other might want to do MMA lite (you got to take into account that we definetively don't want injuries, so unless the participants and the place where we are helding the TD don't care, No elbows or knees [at least not to the head]).

we're meeting again next Sat. for Pandhina's to train his throws, but we could set up something on the side if Pandhina doesn't object.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.

Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

Its not me who sets the rules its ATT.

MMA is definately a no. Too much chance of injury.

Trust me you'll have your hands full with standup and grappling.
                        Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                        "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Whatever, either way. I need to work on my grappling, throws and all that anyways so I'ma try to just come out there next saturday. We'll sort it out.
                          "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

Of course, got it. That'll be plenty, noone wants to get hurt. I'm coming off a knee injury I sustained during muay thai training that kept me out of competitive fighting for 3 years, so I just now am back to having enough strength to train in takedowns/throws/grappling. I do want to pour a lot of training time into those areas now that I'm better, so I am happy to abide by your rules. Striking and grappling, or just grappling, whatever youse guys want.
                            In the last couple years when I was hurt I was still training a bit, but if I was doing hard sparring with a grappler and they took me down before I could sprawl I would have to just get in close and elbow, knee to the head or go for the ground and pound because grappling or wrestling wasn't an option. It'll be interesting to see how I do against you guys. I'll probably get tossed around alot, but hey-I'll learn something from it.

Comment

Sweet, I might actually be able to make it next Saturday, even though I work.

EDIT: Nice vid by the way of the mini throwdown. If I attend, please keep the widescreen effect so that when Youtube can't handle it, it makes me look really skinny too :)
                              Last edited by wingchundo; 4/27/2008 12:50pm, .
                              Official member of the Bruce Buffer 360 War Wagon

Comment

EDIT: Nice vid by the way of the mini throwdown. If I attend, please keep the widescreen effect so that when Youtube can't handle it, it makes me look really skinny too :)
                                Are you saying that I'm fat?!?!?!?!?!?!

Disclaimer: It's not that I'm not, it just hurts my feelings

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X