Anyone hear of I Shin in South Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rank

why are you guys so hard up on rank, if thats it come visit me and write me a check for $500 and I can too make you a black belt, but to drag someones name thru the mud that is so penile. but then again you must be. Bernd is a man of honr and integity. now me on the other hand I dont I will do to you what you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. but then thats me. see bernie would tell me your not worth it and then I would have to agree. So you can talk the talk but the question now is??? CAN YOU WLK THE WALK

Respectfully

Fred Mergen

Comment

Hey Fred, glad you decided to introduce yourself into a very peaceful conversation in a manner that would grant retaliation, however, I'm gonna try not to be an asshole here because I would still like to visist this class next Wed.

Originally posted by epkenpo2
      why are you guys so hard up on rank, if thats it come visit me and write me a check for $500 and I can too make you a black belt,
      Why would I want a Black Belt from an obvious (as per your quote) Belt Factory?

but to drag someones name thru the mud that is so penile.
      Where exactly have we draged his name on the mud, we have raise legitimate questions regarding his background, but ha has been accused of nothing

but then again you must be. Bernd is a man of honr and integity.
      So I've heard, still doesn't prove or disproves his martial arts knowledge

now me on the other hand I dont I will do to you what you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. but then thats me.
      Easier said than done tuff guy, specially on a faceless forum like this one

see bernie would tell me your not worth it and then I would have to agree. So you can talk the talk but the question now is??? CAN YOU WLK THE WALK
      wow, pretty childish if you ask me, if you want to test yourself against somebody else in the South Florida Crew, you're more than welcome to attend one of our throwdowns, there you can challenge us all if you want

Respectfully

Fred Mergen
      Respectfully my ass, at least have the balls to stand by your post, there was nothing respectful about your post, and in fact, it is kinda shitty that now we have more questions to "Shihan" because apparently his bestest friend is throwing challenges on the net to defend "shihans" honor
      Last edited by El Neko; 4/25/2008 2:49pm, .
      Originally posted by Phrost
      Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
      There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
      2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
      The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
      Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
      Get with the times and punch a chick.
      Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

Originally posted by wingchundo
      Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

Let's all keep cool heads here, gentlemen.
        Fred - This website is inquisitve in nature, noone meant to offend you or your shihan with their questions. We are all coming as mutual martial artists and friends.
        "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Originally posted by Squerlli
        And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

I just want to know if Fred is representing Bernie Hartmann in any way shape or form? (Besides the obvious "I'm gonna defend my friend" paragraph he decided to post)

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.

Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

Fred Mergen is a dick. He routinely calls out people who talk shit about MMA, and invites them to bring it to his school to prove it.

Fred Mergen does Ke?po under Speakman, which as everyone has seen the videos have integrated grappling, and looks more like MMA nowadays. Fred also trains in MMA.

My question is two fold:

1. Why are you begruding us the chance to see what Shihan Bernie's school is all about?

2. Why aren't you more involved with Bullshido? You have the qualifications, the training, and the right attitude (Show me, not tell) for it.

As for walk the walk, you came to the right website.
            Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
            "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Wow Fred, way to fuck up a friendly thread. Thanks.
              Official member of the Bruce Buffer 360 War Wagon

Comment

I suggest you guys put this little tussle behind you all and have a good time visiting this Dojo and breaking your faces with no mats to land on :p.
                Originally posted by Sarcastro
                He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Comment

Well, since Fred apparently has nothing to do with I-Shin, I believe this doesn't reflect on the dojo and shouldn't be taken into account on the visit

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

I can't wait for the results of next wednesday.

For the record, I would come along with you guys, but I'm now up at ATT PSL, and the drive is too far for me.

Someone pull x guard for me :)

Comment

So I spoke with shihan bernie, and he is still happy to have us as guests:

"...So be open for all what you will learn and I be open to learn from you, so one hand is washing the other and both the face! : ) -Bernd"

, as illustrated by that little gem. He did, however, ask that we not bring a camera.
                      But I think if you bring it along, he'll probably let you bust it out and get some shots of our session so's we can bring somethin entertaining back here to the website. But hey, maybe not, who knows. You still comin, El Neko?
                      "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

I don't know man, I might show up and see if he lets me bust out the camera, if he doesn't, I don't have much to do there, but at least it would be another set of eyes

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

Yea, that's what I was thinking- definetely worth it for you to come along either way. Good shit.

Comment

As far as being a Dick and an Asshole thank you? But I already know that I am both..... I don't train with Bernie but Have known and and shared knowledge with him since 2003, I dont know his credential and dont care to be honest, the bottom line is If your instructor has agood personality and makes you feel good about yourself, give you the Material to defend yourself, and YOU feel it is enough for you then thats all that should matter. . I introduced my self so do the same please. Yes I trained with Speakman but what does that have to do with anything.... its funny Opinions are like assholes everyone has got one. I tend not to get into these stupid Online forum fights. this is my second and last one. you guys should be training instead of getting into these 'MY dick is bigger and better fights" I dont train MMA to get into the ring but to understand your thinking. I give Kudos to anyone willing to get in the ring and fight for no reason but to show I'm better than you in the ring or money. The ring and life are two totally different things. think of all the thing you dont train do defend against.

Again if you get in the ring my hat off to you...... but in the street it is a totally different ball game. Guns (living in Florida this one is a real problem- the NO RETREAT law) knives (everyone in their mother has one of these) club, bat (I think every teenager has one in their car) so think about the possibilities. and being a JUI-JITSU or ground fighter you give it away right away. you EARS.. I train many law enforcement oficers and deputies and instruct them to alway looks at the ears. if they are califlower looking, PUT 2 in centermass and 1 to the head..................

Respectfully

Fred Mergen

PS: for the guys whos feeling I hurt, I hope this post is ok by ending it in RESPECTFULLY

Comment

I don't train with Bernie but Have known and and shared knowledge with him since 2003, I dont know his credential and dont care to be honest,
                              That is cool, I however, do care about this shit, I definetively don't want somebody teaching shit that he doesn't know (once again, I'm not accusing Bernie of nothing), just like I wouldn't want a non-doctor prescribing me anything

the bottom line is If your instructor has agood personality and makes you feel good about yourself, give you the Material to defend yourself, and YOU feel it is enough for you then thats all that should matter. .
                              Godd personality and makes you feel good about yourself? no thank you, my wife can do this part.

"Give you material to defend yourself, and you feel it's enough" most of the students who have come forward have little experience in martial arts before Bernie, therefore if they believe is enough, or not, doesn't make it so, you on the other hand have experience before (I don't know how extensive), I like, however I assume that you're still under the Kempo banner right?

I introduced my self so do the same please. Yes I trained with Speakman but what does that have to do with anything.... its funny Opinions are like assholes everyone has got one. I tend not to get into these stupid Online forum fights. this is my second and last one. you guys should be training instead of getting into these 'MY dick is bigger and better fights" I dont train MMA to get into the ring but to understand your thinking. I give Kudos to anyone willing to get in the ring and fight for no reason but to show I'm better than you in the ring or money. The ring and life are two totally different things.
                              think of all the thing you dont train do defend against.[/quote]

Fred, if you lurk a little more, you will see that this site is full of assholes, but they put their money where their mouth is (I'm not including myself in this statment because I've been just a camera man at the only event [Rudy vs Anthony] I attended), so even though there are a lot of "MY DICK IS BIGGER" moments, there are far more good info by the people who are here with the right attitude that outweights those shitty moments

think of all the thing you dont train do defend against.
                              I agree, we don't train for every possible esceneraio... but do you?

Again if you get in the ring my hat off to you...... but in the street it is a totally different ball game. Guns (living in Florida this one is a real problem- the NO RETREAT law) knives (everyone in their mother has one of these) club, bat (I think every teenager has one in their car) so think about the possibilities. and being a JUI-JITSU or ground fighter you give it away right away. you EARS.. I train many law enforcement oficers and deputies and instruct them to alway looks at the ears. if they are califlower looking, PUT 2 in centermass and 1 to the head..................
                              Man, Fred is gonna be the reason for the start of the Grapplers Exodus.

PS: for the guys whos feeling I hurt, I hope this post is ok by ending it in RESPECTFULLY
                              you think you hurt my feelings?..... ok a little

No problem Fred, let's end this respecfully
                              Last edited by El Neko; 4/26/2008 8:24am, .

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

<<<< Card Carrying GLOCK Member

I only train for a hobby.
                                Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                                "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X