A male's pride/ego hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A male's pride/ego hurt

Now, I was on last night and someone brought up a very good question: Why is it that when a male is beaten by a female, that he seems to get more angry... his pride/ego hurt more?

Now he was some part of a case study and was asked to fight a female who is a yellow belt in BJJ, he had no MA experience. (I thought this was unfair, but read on). Now he stated to the one presenting this case study, "Fine I'll do it, but it won't help your study out because I will win; there is no way she can even beat me" -Now, this statement on it's own would prove something to me right away: he stated that because he feels that he can not be beaten, by a female... but IF he were beaten, his statement would be invalid and his pride would be hurt-

Well, needless to say, he did loose. And he blamed it on him not knowing any martial arts... but he had just stated that she couldn't beat him before hand, now he makes excuses...

Well, after that she decided to put him and another female (with no MA experience) in a spar, after they both went through one month of training in BJJ. He felt very confident, but still lost. He said it would have been fine if he were beaten by a guy, but beaten by a chick all seemed too humilliating to him. The question is why?

Is it because of the media protraying the female as an object of lust and beauty? Is it the past wehre males were looked on as far more superior? Do these thoughts still get imbedded in our minds?

If you had to be tapped out by a female, would you rather it be a butch chick or a more feminine one? And how about a guy... one that cross dresses or one that dresses as a male should?

Just some things I was thinking about when asked about the study. That is all.

Where did you find a BJJ yellow belt?

Comment

He thinks everything is based on strength + Most women are weaker than most men = Get's upset when woman uses technique over strength to beat him.
      "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
      YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

I love being "beaten" by a woman ;)

Comment

I would rather be tapped by an attractive woman. Pretty much anything that involved me taking the object's role in a sentence I would prefer if it were an attractive woman.
          Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Interesting.

For some reason I think this is more common among people without any MA training.
            Rest of us have at some point seen a good woman fight I think.

I don't know how I would react from being tapped out by a woman. I would propably be impressed. Pissed? I don't think so.

Comment

Damnit, ronin "beat" me to it. Posting about pleasure derived from being beaten by a woman I mean. Not sure what he beats on in his spare time.
              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

I have NO spare time

Comment

Personally I kind of like fighting with lesbians.

Comment

The butch kind ?
                    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

If they were lesbians wouldnt it like defeat the point?

But on topic, no, I get beaten by chicks all the time at my WC club, cause they are better than me, so of course they should, I just respect their skill :D.
                      Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 11/12/2003 9:14am, .
                      Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Comment

Comment

Um.. actually if I met a woman who could wipe the floor with me...

I'd probably be checking her hands for a ring :)

No shit.
                          I can get cute anywhere, smart is harder.. but doable.
                          Ladies who can fight are rare as hell.

If I got tapped by a fem I'd want to know what she trained
                          and how to overcome her weight/mass/reach disadvantage..

but that's all technical eh?
                          Last edited by The Crack Taoist; 11/12/2003 9:19am, .
                          let's talk about why fat-fu shall we?

Comment

MrMcFu: colored belts below blue are used for children and teenagers in many BJJ schools.

> Do these thoughts still get imbedded in our minds?
                            I'm not sure they need much embedding from the outside; some tendencies for attitude towards the other sex are most likely innate. The fact that it's mostly men who train martial arts, lift weights, and engage in violent sports like football does nothing to change the perception, though.

Having trained with very good female judoka, I have a lot of respect for what they can do, but if a man never gets that eye-opener, he has little reason to change the a-priori assumption of male superiority.
                            There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X