Most impressive fighter you ever met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most impressive fighter you ever met

I did this thread once before, but we have a lot of new people now. Just a question. Who is the most impressive fighter you have ever met in the flesh, and what stood out about them. How, if at all, has it changed your view of MA and how you train. I once met Mike Stone at a seminar and found him to be really intense.

Jon Blumming, Tak Kubota

Comment

Ronin69, what were they like. Friendly, arrogant, helpful, painful?

Comment

Richard Trammell. He's my coach and I train with him everyday so I kind of take him for granted. But we went to a Judo tournament and random people started coming up to him and congratulating him on his world championship. It was really strange. I felt very proud of him but at the same time I felt guilty because I didn't appreciate training with him as much as I think these people wound. As far as winning characteristics goes. I'd say the thing that stands out most about him is he is incredibly hard to hit. Even if you do land a shot it's never clean. He is one of those classic elusive fighters.

Comment

They were awesome, Blumming is such a joker and Kubota, first class all the way.

Comment

WhiteShark, Thanks. Some interesting comments. Especially about the hard to hit. I talk to a guy here in Cleveland who trained with Royce Gracie (he has one of the network schools) and what he said about him was that he was so smooth. He just flowed into techniques. Interesting.

Comment

THe good ones make it look effortless, they all have THAT in common.

Comment

The most impressive fighter, scratch that, freak of nature i have ever met...no question. Test of the WWE. It was probably 3 years ago when i used to be a waiter in a local steakhouse. The WWE was having some kind of stupid show the next day and we had a few in the restaurant earlier in the evening. they were all pretty cool and laid back, cracking jokes and signing autographs.

Anyways, about 1/2 hour before closing, Test ( i don't know his real name and my coworkers had to tell me what his WWE name is) comes in. All alone. This dude is like 6'10 and has to weigh over 350 lbs. He proceeds to sit down and eats an entire rack or ribs, a t-bone, 2 baked potatoes, 2 salad, and for dessert--cheesecake. It was obvious from his body language that he didn't want to talk to anybody. He just sat there talking on his cell phone for like an hour. Unless you have actually seen one of these guys up close, there is really no comparison.
                Last edited by kismasher; 11/12/2003 9:27am, .

Comment

6'10 350lbs.... Thats a big guy.

Comment

he's taller than he looks here:
                    Attached Files

Comment

You should have rushed up to him, and tackled him. At least when you were in the hospital it would have allowed you see yourself on the news.

Comment

Originally posted by Justme
                        You should have rushed up to him, and tackled him. At least when you were in the hospital it would have allowed you see yourself on the news.

:)) i think i probably would have just bounced off of him

Comment

Comment

yeah... I would have hit him and he probably wouldn't have even known... Maybe just grab his cheesecake and run!

Comment

D
                              i stood right next to him, he's bigger than that.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X