XMA the worst of Bullshido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XMA the worst of Bullshido

You've got to admit, though, those kinky, silky black dressing gown things look tasty. I want one.

I wish I looked as cool as that blue haired kid when I was 12.

Comment

i don't see what's so bullshido about it. it states clearly that it's choreography and not self defense or fighting.

Comment

MaverickZ
        Well true they are not snake oil salesmen but it is STILL crap.

Comment

well, if you mean crap choreography and acrobatic forms, then maybe, i'm not good at judging that kinda stuff (i like my forms traditional and stuck to the ground).

Comment

No I mean martial arts should not be about dance and choreography.
            It should have at least some semblance of martial in it.

Comment

*Hands out spew buckets.*

Though their atlethicism is impressive....

PizDoff <---Stiff old man.
              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Originally posted by shinbushi
                No I mean martial arts should not be about dance and choreography.
                It should have at least some semblance of martial in it.
                Maybe you should tell that to the Capoera and Wu Shu practitioners.

Just because you have a specific view point of what martial arts is you shouldn't try to push it on us. If it weren't for guys like this I wouldn't be able to think the Matrix was cool. The guy seems basically upfront with what he is doing so I don't know what you're talking about. Not all people are into MA for NHB, and full contact purposes. I for one believe martial arts is first and foremost about fighting, and what they are doing is simulated fighting for performance.

Comment

Speaking as a former "trickster" myself (which is what we/they call themselves), they know that it's just for show and not for fighting. Nobody makes claims like that.
                  Some of them might also be fighters as well (I think Ernie Reyes Jr. Fights in the Muay thai circuit), but it's understood that none of that is combat effective.

Mike Chat is really talented, he's one of the "old school" tricksters. He was the blue power ranger for a while.

Comment

there's more where that came from:

www.bilang.com <----vids of "martial arts tricks"

http://maslinc.com/news_media.cfm?ID=4 <---"sport karate" competition vids includes matches too

Comment

btw...that kid from mtv's punk'd, ryan pinkston is a romo too...you can find him in some of the vids

Comment

Martial art is a reflection of combat. They have other aims that sometimes completely or almost disregard combat. They please crowds and exaggerate motions to meet a different desire that is besides combat.

I took wtf tkd for 3 and a half years... So I'm speaking from experienced perspective. Please share your ideas.

Comment

Personally, I'd be interested to know what the heck they mean by, "...backed by medical science..." And anytime I see exclusive buzzwords like "only" and "most successful", I get a bit skeptical. That would qualify as bullshido to me...

However, bonus points for not trying to pass it off as fighting. I would worry more about the kids who get into this and try to pass themselves off as fighters. They're going to get cleaned up with a mop and bucket.

Comment

Hahah...it reminds me of RollerBall. But some of the stuff is coo' flips and all. But yeah, I would worry about the kids thinking they can kick ass now.

It's like a scary cult :p.
                            Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 11/06/2003 10:55pm, .
                            Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Comment

I was into this stuff for years before I saw the light in Kickboxing. I know a lot of these sport karate guys and they work hard at what they do...just like ice skaters, or ballerinas, baseball players or other athletes. But most could not survive the full contact ring let alone the UFC. Our school was promoting self defense and as I look back it would have gotten most of us severely beaten or killed in the street.

A lot of parents get their kids into this mess thinking that it will train their children to really fight and the schools don't do much to discourage this. They include some one step self defense techiniques with all the musical forms, and outfits, and point sparring and claim that they also teach realisitc self defense. What you really get is belts, nice uniforms, and lots of trophies. Inspiration is people like Mike, and Billy Blanks, Ernie , and Cynthia Rothrock, people who go on to make it in movies and TV.

You can get a lot of benefit from succeeding at this stuff but you also inherit an awful lie.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X