Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martial Arts University Degree

http://anuma.edu/welcomeabout.html

I'm sure someone has already posted this at some time right?

It's whack though.

Students are required to research and write a 50-page paper encompassing the History of Martial Arts: Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, Karate, Kung Fu, Jujitsu, Combined Martial Art.

what kind of job are you supposed to get with a phd in martial arts?

Comment

Only 50 pages for a fucking phd?
      That is bad ass...hell, I have had papers twice that long just for my undergrad.
      And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Notice, how much lack of detail is on the site. Like what are the credit requierments. What departments do they have. what else do they teach? who is teaching what?

In korea, they actually have Bachlors degrees in TKD. But it's the US equlivant of getting a Degree in Phys Ed with a focus on teaching/coaching baseball. So you still need to go to a real university and take real courses

Comment

Idiocy.

If I wanted to get a PhD diploma in martial arts, I would print one out at Costco, and put it in a $40 frame. It will have about as much validity as this bullshit, and will save you a penny.
          You say what about my rice?

Comment

PHD in BS, interesting, good for fertilizer.

Comment

Oh yeah well i happen to have a phd from there in iron monkey kung fu. So whats up now you guys arent talking shit about the MAU now that you know theres a doctor in the hizzzzouse

Comment

http://www.acnm.edu.au/default.htm This is one where I live, I wanted to do if after my Social Science degree..it looks interesting and better layed out than the other one...just click on 'Courses' and then its under 'Tactile Therapy'. Though it's not a diploma of martial arts, its one of martial arts 'instruction'. So meh. Have a look none the less.
                Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Comment

"The Doctor of Arts requirements are: Business Methods for the Studio and a New Developmental Program for the martial art."

AKA Mcdojo Managment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X