practicing head shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

practicing head shots

what sort of bag or training gear do you use to practice head shots? i have a heavy bag but i would like to hit something more like a head than a body. does a speed bag help? i kind of want a double end bag but i have no where to hang it. i have access to a place to hang a speed bag though, even though i don't know exactly what exercises to do on it.

I use the Heavy bag and Bob for head/neck kicks. Bob is the rubber punching dummy thing. It's really great for practicing the Thai neck kick.

Comment

What to you mean when you say "more like a head"? Do you want something that is hard as a head, looks like a head, or reacts like a head when it is hit?

BOB does a pretty good job at doing the last two, so does a partener holding a focus mit, clapper target, or Muay Thai pad.

A while back someone said they would sit a 25 lb medicene ball on top of something a kick it off to practice hook kicks to the head. May be worth a try.

Comment

By the way, I just thought I should point out that the lttle window on the front page says the title of this thread is "practiciing head".

I hope no one gets the wrong idea.

Comment

Hnmm there are alot of things Like the free standing BOB. I have one and its great....

Also at boxing we use heavey bags and all sorts of boxing bags one being a small bag attached between to cords one in the celien and one on the floor . The thing swings around like crazy..... But its a great tool.
          Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
          -Styles i train in-
          Judo
          Bjj
          Mtkickboxing
          Western boxing
          Wrestling

Comment

The spar-pro ( the original BOB) is 100 time better than bob, more denser, and it can be tilted forward for upper cuts and knees.

Comment

"one being a small bag attached between to cords one in the celien and one on the floor "

that's a double ended bag, and I hate them because I'm slow and uncoordinated.

Comment

Century makes a double end bag for kicking. It's called the headache bag. It's alot of fun and helps build speed, focus, and timing. I like to use it when working on my dodging kicks.

Comment

do those free-standing bags leak from the bottom after a while?

Comment

The spar pro is free standing BUT it has a sand filled base and the dummy is connected to it by a heavy duty pipe that goes throught the body of the dummy. IF you hit it really hard you can feel the pipe :) and that is a GOOD punch :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X