Ali vs Inoki.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali vs Inoki.

anyone see the clip to this fight? what the hell kind of fight was that??? who won this fight?!!? Inoki kept trying to do sacrifice falling kicks to Ali's legs teh whole time....

http://www.freewebs.com/martial_arts1/ali-inoki.WMV
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
    -Albert Einstein

THe fight was a draw. It was also vote the most BORING Match of the Century.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Comment

yeh...it looked pretty damned pathetic...what was inoki??? a Japanese pro wrestler??? Ali should have stomped on his face...
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
      -Albert Einstein

Comment

Inoki is a Pro Wrestler, and a rather good one, he also sponors several Fight orgs and competitions like INOKI BOOM BA YE! and NJPW.
        ______
        Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
        -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
        The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
        -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Ali nearly had his leg amputated after, so I think you could say the less limited fighter won.

Comment

It was supposed to be a work but was changed to a shoot last minute. I believe one of the concessions was that Inoki could only kick if one knee was on the mat (which is so bizarre).
            "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Originally posted by chaosexmachina View Post
              It was supposed to be a work but was changed to a shoot last minute. I believe one of the concessions was that Inoki could only kick if one knee was on the mat (which is so bizarre).
              And no wrestling holds? The rules were a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by JudiChop View Post
                Ali nearly had his leg amputated after, so I think you could say the less limited fighter won.
                Inoki was not less limited. Ali could punch, but Inoki couldn't throw, grapple, tackle or kick? That makes Inoki the more limited one.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                  Inoki was not less limited. Ali could punch, but Inoki couldn't throw, grapple, tackle or kick? That makes Inoki the more limited one.
                  No, I mean as a martial artist. Inoki was more limited by the rules, but he was a much more well rounded fighter.

Comment

Ali kept demanding ever tighter rules.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...y-of-ali-inoki

Comment

This thread is from back in the day when MABS and YMAS were one and the same.

Using Lawnmower Man technology, however, I'll be able to answer the OP's post. The fight was technically a draw, although Inoki's repeated leg kicks probably screwed Ali up for the rest of his career. Inoki had some convoluted set of restrictions implemented on him that forbade him from attacking Ali in any rational fashion (Ali, likewise, could only throw one type of punch or something). The commentators didn't know this, so Inoki just comes across as a retard; in reality, baseball sliding into Ali's knees was the only technique he had at his disposal.

The fight isn't really as boring as it reputation would let on if you understand the effect repeated leg kicks have.
                      Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                        This thread is from back in the day when MABS and YMAS were one and the same.

Using Lawnmower Man technology, however, I'll be able to answer the OP's post. The fight was technically a draw, although Inoki's repeated leg kicks probably screwed Ali up for the rest of his career. Inoki had some convoluted set of restrictions implemented on him that forbade him from attacking Ali in any rational fashion (Ali, likewise, could only throw one type of punch or something). The commentators didn't know this, so Inoki just comes across as a retard; in reality, baseball sliding into Ali's knees was the only technique he had at his disposal.

The fight isn't really as boring as it reputation would let on if you understand the effect repeated leg kicks have.
                        mirror ?
                        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                        BILL HICKS,
                        1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                        ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X