Kyuk Too Ki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyuk Too Ki

Hello all. Looking for info on kyuk too ki. ANY links/info/whatever would be appreciated. Id start a conversation or something, but I know virtually nothing about it :confused:.

Maybe is best not to know certain things.

Comment

What do you mean? Generally it just means "fighting". I've heard "kyoktugi" used to mean "sparring".
      Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Turtlepress has an instructional video on kyuk too ki.
        Here's the address. www.turtlepress.com
        Hope this helps.

Comment

WHAT IS IA TOOK POOPY ?

Comment

what is IA TOOK POOPY

Comment

Turtle Press produces some serious garbage.
              Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Kyuk too ki is a korean style similar to tae kwon do. But it is... better. It to emphasizes kicks, but on a more combat specific level. Less flashy stuff. It also has some grappling, takedowns, throws, chokes and is way better with punching than TKD.

http://www.concentric.net/~sdseong/kmar.vid.ktk.htm

Thats about all Ive got.

Comment

When I was training in Korea, kyok tu gi was just something we did..."sparring". Are you sure this is an "art" and not just a ruleset, like San Shou?

Comment

Not really. But in another forum I started a thread asking if their were any forms of 'combat TKD', or any kind of combat related kicking arts. Kyuk too ki was suggested by a few people.

If any1 here knows of any kind of combat kicking arts, other than muay thai, Id be interested in your suggestions. Something along the lines of dynamic kicks applied.

Comment

Not really. But in another forum I started a thread asking if their were any forms of 'combat TKD', or any kind of combat related kicking arts. Kyuk too ki was suggested by a few people.
                      Well why didn't you say so.....
                      I'd wager this forum has a pretty good number of knowledgeable folks, though they like to bicker. :)

I'd point you to a couple of Tang So Do threads but apparently they've been lost in the conversion. Phrost?
                      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Hehe. People bickering in public forums?! What else is new?

Comment

savate? san da?
                          You say what about my rice?

Comment

There's no such thing as a combat kicking art. The two terms are mutually exclusive.

Comment

troll
                              You say what about my rice?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X