Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FingerorMoon?
    replied
    As a few guys said, I did write a review of Matt Furey's Gama Fitness program on the old Bullshido site I assume its been transferred over if you're interested.

Matt Furey's conditioning programs are pretty good, however other people have cheaper stuff that will serve you just as well.

Scrapper's 'Train for Strength' site which Geese mentioned has great free routines
    (I haven't paid for his products yet so can't comment)

I know you asked for other sites, but unless your super fit the routines on Scrappers site should keep you going a while.

I have a short thread up of Tony Cecchine's fitness packages here in the physical training section. Shipping to Australia is cheap and its the best fitness instructionals I've seen so far.

To be honest, the more I buy, the more I realise how simple it all is. Whenever you find something that proclaims itself to be 'harcore fitness' it always just takes out the flashy fad crap and gets down and dirty with the basics.

Here is a fitness routine I'm making up as I type that is the sort of thing you find in everyones fitness products.

1)
    Hindu squats - until failure, build to 250
    2)
    Hindu pushups - until failure, work up to 40
    3)
    Chin ups - go for 25 all together. No cheating.
    4)
    Box jumps.
    Keep ankles together. Imagine a rectangle shape, jump from point to point. 2 minutes in one direction, 2 minutes in the other direction.
    5)
    Shuttle runs (use the lines on a basketball court, or make your own markings on a football field).
    3 minutes
    6)
    Jog 1 mile (make it 2 kilometers if you want to go metric)
    7)
    Hill sprints (find a challenging hill, say 30 meters)
    Sprint up it, walk down it, repeat with no break
    Do 15 times.
    8)
    Mountain climbers
    Hold the sprinters start position (pretending your on the blocks). Alternate legs back and forth. 1 minute.
    Double leg - 1 minute.

Leave a comment:

• drake
    replied
    You say you can find that stuff for free? Can you tell me where? Any other sites that you can recommend checking?

Leave a comment:

• blankslate
    replied
    Djimbe, cool, I actually didn't know how to speell it and had a little fun with it. Perhaps Chinese Fast Wrestling (CFW) is easier to type and covers all the ground. I'll PM ya...

Now, accomplishments, I think they can matter...another thread perhaps? You're right though I think an accomplishment can be as simple as teaching a student, raising a child, making your wife happy, etc.

FEAR THE POWER OF MATT FUREY!!! KEEPER OF MONGOLIAN GRAPPLING SECRETS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Djimbe
    replied
    Originally posted by blankslate
    Oh, and I never intened to dismiss Kuajao...I don't understand how you got that impression.

Umm , your Repeated Referral to it as "shoe chow" , as in , the Dining on of Footwear would be the first Indicator .

I definitely want to learn more about it.
    Where do you Live ? If youre Serious Ill see if I can dig you Up a Contact .

I really respect the fact that Furey was a champion in this art. I just thought you (being a CMA instructor) would also have more respect for the Great Matt furey BECAUSE of his accomplishments in Kuaijiaa.
    I think that men are Great because of how they live their Lives . Not because of winning any silly Competitions . His Business Practices are Day-To-Day , and like I said , he HYPER Overcharges for shit that you can get for Free . That makes him a Twat , in my book . I know PLENTY of ppl that can Fight their ASSES off that id STILL like to Kick their goulies up through their necks and out their Ears , because theyre just fucking CUNTS , man . Being worthy of Respect as a PERSON has very little to do with one's accomplishments in life , in MY book .
    Last edited by Djimbe; 10/25/2003 9:35am, .

Leave a comment:

• blankslate
    replied
    "Fifth , if you think that Kuaijiao is so "Poor" or "Bad" then look at Cung Le in K-1 . He EMBARASSES MT guys with it . And the guys hes Fighting arent Scrubs ."

Oh, and I never intened to dismiss Kuajao...I don't understand how you got that impression. I definitely want to learn more about it. I really respect the fact that Furey was a champion in this art. I just thought you (being a CMA instructor) would also have more respect for the Great Matt furey BECAUSE of his accomplishments in Kuaijiaa.

Leave a comment:

• blankslate
    replied
    Thanks D, actually, the more I hear about chia shio the more I want to learn.

Leave a comment:

• Djimbe
    replied
    Originally posted by HAPKO3
    Djimbe - Chung Le, while a great athlete embarasses K1 guys under ***his*** rules, that they are not used to.
    Hap , I was actually Referring to/Thinking of his K-1 Bout that I saw not a week ago at the home oif Tigerfly's Nephew & his Wife . It was a K-1 Bout , no "Special" rules .

And MAN was it Embarrassing .

I dont know who He was Fighting , I dont payu too much attention to the Little fellas .

Leave a comment:

• HAPKO3
    replied
    Djimbe - Chung Le, while a great athlete embarasses K1 guys under ***his*** rules, that they are not used to.

Leave a comment:

• Djimbe
    replied
    Originally posted by blankslate
    Whoa Djimbe, why you dissin' your "shoe chow" man? Wasn't he some kind of CMA Shiao Chiao champion or sometthing?

Matt Furey, the first non Chinese shoe chow champion I think he claims to be!
    Blankslate :

Firstly Shuaijiao comps Theyre Kuaijiao Competitions , or "Chinese Fast Wrestling" . They are Missold to the west , much like the terms "Kung Fu" and "San Shou"

Secondly , Having skill does not exempt ANYONE from being A Fukpie . WiltChamberlain was arguably the greatest Basketball player of all time . Did this make him a Great Family Man , or Honest ?

No . It did not .

Thirdly , have you looked at Furey's Record ?

Fourth , Not to discount his Skill (Except as a businessman) He was a LOT Heavier than his Opponent in the Finals . There were no Weight Classes .

Fifth , if you think that Kuaijiao is so "Poor" or "Bad" then look at Cung Le in K-1 . He EMBARASSES MT guys with it . And the guys hes Fighting arent Scrubs .

Leave a comment:

• blankslate
    replied
    Appreciate it Greese. I think Matt Furey is interesting pushing conditioning....doesn't he look a little 'round' to anyone but me? Maybe its not how you look though...

Leave a comment:

• blankslate
    replied
    Hap, thanks. i plan on getting tapes from both of them but definitley heard that Tony is the man. FOM did a video review here somewhere also. I'd like to find out more about shiao chaio though.

I think Catch wrestling would be a great compliment to the MMA game.

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    This site has almost all the exercises fury sells and has them put into better work out programs to boot.

Leave a comment:

• HAPKO3
    replied
    Look into TOny Ciccine (sp?). He is definitly the more legit of the two catch gus, and has trained a number of fighters who have done well in MMA. In addition ot that, his claims are more realistic, and prices more reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• blankslate
    replied
    Whoa Djimbe, why you dissin' your "shoe chow" man? Wasn't he some kind of CMA Shiao Chiao champion or sometthing?

Matt Furey, the first non Chinese shoe chow champion I think he claims to be!

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    He is NO Erle Montague :)

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X