No announcement yet.

What's your take on Matt Furey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Djimbe, cool, I actually didn't know how to speell it and had a little fun with it. Perhaps Chinese Fast Wrestling (CFW) is easier to type and covers all the ground. I'll PM ya...

Now, accomplishments, I think they can matter...another thread perhaps? You're right though I think an accomplishment can be as simple as teaching a student, raising a child, making your wife happy, etc.

FEAR THE POWER OF MATT FUREY!!! KEEPER OF MONGOLIAN GRAPPLING SECRETS!!!

Comment

You say you can find that stuff for free? Can you tell me where? Any other sites that you can recommend checking?

Comment

As a few guys said, I did write a review of Matt Furey's Gama Fitness program on the old Bullshido site I assume its been transferred over if you're interested.

Matt Furey's conditioning programs are pretty good, however other people have cheaper stuff that will serve you just as well.

Scrapper's 'Train for Strength' site which Geese mentioned has great free routines
        (I haven't paid for his products yet so can't comment)

I know you asked for other sites, but unless your super fit the routines on Scrappers site should keep you going a while.

I have a short thread up of Tony Cecchine's fitness packages here in the physical training section. Shipping to Australia is cheap and its the best fitness instructionals I've seen so far.

To be honest, the more I buy, the more I realise how simple it all is. Whenever you find something that proclaims itself to be 'harcore fitness' it always just takes out the flashy fad crap and gets down and dirty with the basics.

Here is a fitness routine I'm making up as I type that is the sort of thing you find in everyones fitness products.

1)
        Hindu squats - until failure, build to 250
        2)
        Hindu pushups - until failure, work up to 40
        3)
        Chin ups - go for 25 all together. No cheating.
        4)
        Box jumps.
        Keep ankles together. Imagine a rectangle shape, jump from point to point. 2 minutes in one direction, 2 minutes in the other direction.
        5)
        Shuttle runs (use the lines on a basketball court, or make your own markings on a football field).
        3 minutes
        6)
        Jog 1 mile (make it 2 kilometers if you want to go metric)
        7)
        Hill sprints (find a challenging hill, say 30 meters)
        Sprint up it, walk down it, repeat with no break
        Do 15 times.
        8)
        Mountain climbers
        Hold the sprinters start position (pretending your on the blocks). Alternate legs back and forth. 1 minute.
        Double leg - 1 minute.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X