Wing Lung Kung Fu - Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing Lung Kung Fu - Again

A kung fu school with teh real jits. Examine the video of the black sash grading here:

http://winglungmma.com/ja/#

(click on "black sash grading").

Is this a new breed of TMA school integrating grappling and better training methods? Or a just a regular larping kung fu school with an additional jits requirement? Teh real eagle claw, perhaps?
    Originally posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Looks like a pretty alive school for kung fu... granted, it also looks like there's a whole lot of uselessness mixed in. But at least they have a (seemingly) strong focus on grappling and sparring (San shou)

Edit: I also think it's cool how they grapple on carpet

And that they spar with multiple opponents..... kinda

And how the one dude gets tossed into a rack of spears at the end.
    Last edited by Tanhalen21; 11/25/2007 12:11am, .

Comment

I've seen them do well in San Shou matches.... even saw a jump spinning backfist land. Very odd to say the least.

Comment

Spinning back fists hurt.

Comment

I went through that whole site and didn't find "black sash grading" anywhere..can you indicate the other links you need to hit to get to it?
          Edit: I found it...
          Not too bad really..they really like that spinning sweep kick don't they?
          Although I saw them going for a double, I didn't really see any of them defending against it very well. They all seemed to get taken down rather easily. I hope they are teaching them to sprawl as well as how to shoot.
          Last edited by OZZ; 11/26/2007 7:15pm, . Reason: Found link..
          " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Comment

Hmm..the more like kickboxing/mma "x asian martial art" is, the less is sucks ass....

Would it be easier just to do boxing/kickboxing/mma?

Nah, just copy it and keep calling it "x asian martial art"

Comment

Originally posted by chi-conspiricy
              Hmm..the more like kickboxing/mma "x asian martial art" is, the less is sucks ass....

Would it be easier just to do boxing/kickboxing/mma?
              Not if you live in Jamaica.
              Originally posted by Goju - joe
              being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X