No announcement yet.

Grappling females

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily, the women we get at the Gracie Academy are Tigers.

Everyone of them will go for you, whether you are male or female. We have a new girl in class, and I've only seen her train twice, but she has impressed me. I see good things from her.

Comment

tap her like a drum, shell either leave or harden up.

Comment

What are you supposed to do when grappling females who dont know what theyre doing? A guy, you can just manhandle for a bit, give him some tips and finish his ass. However, I did that to a girl today and she quickly headed for the exit.
        Good job asshole.

Comment

Manchuria,

Don't you think everyone deserves a chance to learn in an enviroment that is conducive to learning.

I for one, would not want to go to a school, where the next day, I would be bruised and bashed up. The fact that I do end up looking like that is besides the point.

I decided to train that hard. Someone else might not want too.

It is a disservice to the school, with them loosing income, and also to the other less experienced person, whether male or female. They are there to learn, not be a punching bag.

Comment

<- Check Avatar!

Don't discount females.

Just watch SmackGirl you will see some chicks that can kick ass. My daughter loves the SmackGirl tapes and manhandles the boys in the neighborhood. But what else do you expect from the loins of the Almighty.:D

A beginner is a beginner. If she toughs it out and get ove the initial issues she may come back for REVENGE!!! But that really isn't so bad.:D

______
            Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
            -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
            The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
            -Daniel Tosh

Comment

O,

To answer you question. The GA does not allow RANK NEWBIES to roll till they have at least 5 classes under their belt.

What you did to that chick was harsh dude. Even at 25 percent.

Comment

Yeah... I read this after nursing my bruises and stiff muscles from working with this Brown belt field hockey playing girl last night. She has some of the best form I have ever seen. Luckily I have a ton of weight on her...but that is the only thing that keeps me from getting beat by a girl.
                And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Chances are you train at a school where the majority of people train for health/fun/stress relief. They just want a hobby and become skilled in that hobby. PWN1NG a girl who just wanted to learn something new and have fun is fucking stupid.

And don't give me that "Girls are just as strong as guys" because it's bullshit. Girls have a lot less upper body strength. An attribute that plays a HUGE role when you grapple (at least in the beginning stages). Girls have to train a certain way (focus on using their legs) in order to stay competitive.

Comment

"Manchuria,

Don't you think everyone deserves a chance to learn in an enviroment that is conducive to learning.

I for one, would not want to go to a school, where the next day, I would be bruised and bashed up. The fact that I do end up looking like that is besides the point.

I decided to train that hard. Someone else might not want too.

It is a disservice to the school, with them loosing income, and also to the other less experienced person, whether male or female. They are there to learn, not be a punching bag"

i was half trolling lol

my n00bish suggestion wuld be to be aggressive though, try and get her adrenaline flowing, and if she reacts agressively (no matter how crap the technique) then ham it up a bit and make like she is having a real effect, try and encourage her to be agressive that way and then slowly up your defence.

but then you run the risk of her thinking she is a bad ass and trying to fight.

i dunno, im better at trolling :P

Comment

No worries Manchuria, I thought as much, why I asked.

We are all guilty of trolling at one time or another.

It is a tough thing to do, not disprespect a female in class by taking it easy, but then again, not underestimate.

I got armbarred underestimating a 130lb female BJJ'er.

It hurt.

:D

Comment

You did things ass backwards. Teach her the techniques and have her do them on you first. Then when you roll don't go for anything major. No hard takedowns, slams, etc. Be very light and only work on your positioning and switch positions every few second. Then let her get in good positions and slowly work your way out of them. That way she learns, doesn't get killed, and you get a whole hell of a lot better.
                        I also do that with any newbies...not just girls. There is no point in me even going 60% with most newbs unless they have past experience, are bigger than me, or are just dicks.
                        And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Wasnt sure how to deal with her though.
                          That's not an excuse. There had to be some point where you realized that :

1. She's not being aggressive so I should stop curb stomping her.
                          2. She's new and is insecure about rolling for a number of reasons.

If you had time to realize that

She was afraid to do anything that might actually work. No tight gaurd, no arm control, no advancing, lots of backing up, lots of giving the back, etc.
                          Then I have to come to the conclusion that you made a conscious decision to dominate her to the point where she was traumatized.

And that's really not cool. I don't give a shit if you're a wrestler and that's how they do it in practice. And I don't give a shit that "newbies always go hard". The one with the lesser experience always ALWAYS sets the pace.

Comment

The Greese1 and Deus are correct.

Comment

FUCK, I'm pissed off. I HATE that shit.

Comment

O,

Something to consider.

Not everyone is aggressive.

Not everyone studies to kick ass.

Not everyone is athletic.

Not everyone is you.

Everyone is different.

You should already know that bro.

She didn't have a chance.

Learn from this experience.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X