ASIA WINS!!! Yeah what else is new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASIA WINS!!! Yeah what else is new!

I had a boxing match last saturday in Friedberg to celebrates Hispanic Heratige Month. But be honest I had serious doubts about my performance in the ring. I only started back Boxing training 2 weeks from the event. And my conditioning was SUCKING. I sparred our light heavyweight a couple of times and I was gassed by the third round. Sure I could beat him because I hit hard and a wee bit wiser but if we were same size and strenght he would have beaten me. So the Almighty was worried. I was stressing myself and pushing hard to get into fight shape.

Fight day we drove up early, as usual. Our coach feels the need to be the first team there so we can weight in and get all the medical stuff done. I was still worried and I know my coach as too. I had pushed myself hard but didn't know if it was enough.

Fast foward: I found out who my opponent was, he was from a German Boxing club from Hanau. Word was he slaughtered his last opponent. He was bigger than me and looked in good shape. So I REALLY got worried. I still had my normal calm face on. (I was walking around listening to ENYA!
    63.5 Successor of Hokutoshinken
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

"I got changed and finally took out ENYA and put in T.A.T.U "

Asia: The world's most fearsome, ass kickin' geek ever! Who would think that a guy who watches anime and listens to Enya is them most dangerous man/monster on this forum. (And a TMA!)

Congrats on your win, bro.
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Comment

congratulations lol
      CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

See? This only goes to show how a grappler will beat a boxer every time! LEGLOCKS DAMMIT! LEGLOCKS!

Sweet win! I hope you realize that I can't listen to T.a.T.U or Drowning Pool without thinkin about Atlanta anymore, you bastard. You've ruined them for me! AUGH!

Congrats.
        Regards,
        CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
        One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
        Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Congrats Asia!

Thanks for the report. It's interesting to hear that even experienced and successful players go through the "I suck I suck he's going to kick my butt" period before the fight; I had hoped that would go away with experience...
          There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Comment

Heh, I never would have figured Russian Lesbian Pop would be able to get anyone psyched, err... about fighting.

Sweet man. Too bad you didn't get to beat me down at the last Throwdown.

Comment

Damn Asia, when you coming to Toronto?
              I want my ass kicking from you!!!!

"Let the bodies hit the floor....."

--
              Hard Work, Patience, Dedication
              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

I got in trouble for yelling at my opponents before Judo matches...maybe I should go for boxing...
                And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Good job man.

Damn, I miss fighting. And between full time work and full time school I don't know when I will be able to...
                  You say what about my rice?

Comment

Jesus Asia.. you scare me.

But nice one, mate :-)

[Das Moose]

Chum Sut Total Fighting - www.chumsut.com

Comment

I got in trouble for yelling at my opponents before Judo matches...maybe I should go for boxing...
                      I was at a JJIF tournament once where some circuit fighter was penalized because he did this big theatrical roar/shout thing once the match started. He started arguing the penalty with the ref, insisting it was some kind of "O Kiai" or something that was perfectly legal for focus, etc, etc, etc...the ref proceeded to toss him from the match for arguing. I admit, it was a little WWE-ish, but I've often wondered why trashtalking/intimidation is so often restricted? I realize it should have limitations on it (don't threaten to rape the opponent's mom or something like that) but it's part of the head-game as far as I'm concerned...no?
                      Regards,
                      CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                      One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                      Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

I guess the idea is to only have the skill/strength of the competitors in play. They don't want to psychological bullying and chestbeating getting in the way of skill.

!!!!

Most tournaments, amateur wise that I've seen in my limited experiance, see to frown on these acts.
                        But I see it as fucking funny and I like to do when sparring.

--
                        Hard Work, Patience, Dedication
                        Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Good stuff! Congrats. Did you wear headgear?

Comment

Congrats on your win....
                            Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
                            -Styles i train in-
                            Judo
                            Bjj
                            Mtkickboxing
                            Western boxing
                            Wrestling

Comment

Thats why I talk shit where the ref can't hear...
                              My favorite thing to do during a hold-down is to sit there and go...damn...all I have to do is win is just lay here and you can't do shit...
                              It really gets the job done.
                              And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X