No announcement yet.

Southend-on-Sea, England: Kung Fu master Tony Anthony and Avanti Ministries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is difficult to take TA's word for anything when we already have firm evidence that even as a christian he has the ability to lie :
    The links below are to two articles about his hit and run.

He not only lied to police but also the insurance company.

It also mentions "he will be sentenced at a later date after the court heard he faces other charges at another court for unrelated offences."

What where these? Ive not seen them mentioned before?
    http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...ut_death_crash

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...allife_mystery
    King without a crown

Comment

That is the icing on the cake for me (after reading the link, thanks Mr P). The guy is scum and needs to get knocked off his pedestal one way or another.

Comment

Sorry if I missed this being said before, but that article confirms Tony Anthony is at least his legal name and not just a pen name. Is there any way to confirm if it is his birth name?

Comment

Originally posted by CrackFox View Post
          Sorry if I missed this being said before, but that article confirms Tony Anthony is at least his legal name and not just a pen name. Is there any way to confirm if it is his birth name?

A few pages back I posted what maybe Tony's birth record.
          I asked him about this specific record and he said it wasnt him.
          No other proof has been found to confirm or disprove what he has said about this.
          King without a crown

Comment

Now that I think about it, I believe it was said earlier in this thread that his name is listed as Tony Anthony on the Charities Commission records for one of his ministries (or something like that) so I guess the real (legal) name thing isn't news.

Anyway, one some more questions that have probably already been addressed:

Are you sure he's British?
            If so is he old enough to have been born in Cyprus and get British citizenship?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr P View Post
              It is difficult to take TA's word for anything when we already have firm evidence that even as a christian he has the ability to lie :
              The links below are to two articles about his hit and run.

He not only lied to police but also the insurance company.

It also mentions "he will be sentenced at a later date after the court heard he faces other charges at another court for unrelated offences."

What where these? Ive not seen them mentioned before?
              http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...ut_death_crash

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s
              /566_how_plucky_pc_solved_a_reallife_mystery

He actually mentions this incident in the book, and I remember the book telling it in the same way as the newspaper. So he wasn't honest about it then, but he has come clean with the incident since(If it looks like I trying to defend him, I can tell you: I am not. I just wanted to state that this incident were clearly described in his book)

Comment

Originally posted by stubbe78 View Post
                He actually mentions this incident in the book, and I remember the book telling it in the same way as the newspaper
                come to think of it, he says in the book that he hit something and that he didn't knew what it was, but heard it the next day that a woman was killed( as far as I remember) but the article, don't exactly give that impression.

Comment

Summary: Ten questions

Ten key questions:

1. There are no traces of the organizations under which Tony became World Kung Fu Champion although he names them. When this was pointed out Tony more recently said it he gave incorrect names to protect his identity from his Chinese family although he is publishing the book in China. He also said the organization was small, illegal and unknown and that is why he calls himself a 3 times World Champion. Is this a World Champion?
                  2. www.avantiministries.com
                  3. The impressive teaching materials Tony uses and says he wrote appear to have been plagiarised. Their frustrated author appears on the thread.
                  4. There are multiple discrepancies. Although the book describes Tony as having a Chinese mother and growing up and training in China Tony, when questioned, speaks almost no Chinese. There has never been a Saudi Ambassador to Cyprus while Tony describes being his bodyguard. Tony avoids questions about these and many others. Martial Arts proponents have followed up a surprising number of facts on an international scale. These can be followed on the thread.
                  6. Unusually for a Christian Leader Tony describes his policy to have no contact with his parents for the last fifteen years. This is very unusual. Tony speaks fluent Greek but not Chinese. He was in prison in Cyprus. There is record of an Antonio Anthony, born to a Greek Cypriot mother in North London. No one of his associates gets to meet his mother.
                  8. In the UK, in 2000 Tony was sentenced to 15 months in prison for perverting the course of justice. His car had hit a cyclist at night, killing her, but he had not stayed at the scene and later denied it to police.
                  2002 released from prison. 2004 published Taming the Tiger. This is a newspaper article at the time: http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...ut_death_crash

10. Tony describes several incident s where he killed terrorists who attacked the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the UK and Cyprus. These would have been major International scandals of course (related to which Country was behind them) but there is no record of any such attacks and killings is there?

Timeline:
                  1969 Born
                  1973 First taken to
                  ChinaEnglandNanchang street

1987 Bodyguard for Diane, wealthy lady in SwitzerlandSaudi Arabia.
                  1987 Worked as bodyguard for Amin Fahed, Saudi Arabian Ambassador to U.K Italy and
                  Cyprusall the above at the age of 18. As noted, the above details appear spurious to the Close Protection Community i.e professional bodyguards.CyprusUKFeb 12
                  published Taming the Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by Concern View Post
                    Timeline:
                    1969 Born
                    1973 First taken to China.
                    Another inconsistency about this timeline is that in 1973 it was very hard to enter (or leave!) communist China.

I don't see how he could just be sent there as if it were an open country.

Comment

I googled 1973, China, entry to China etc. Mao Tse Tung was still in power (until 1976), the intensity of the Red Guard's time of wide spread killings had faded. Richard Nixon had visited Mao. I just couldn't get any definitive evidence about whether a 4 year old child from the UK could be flown in. I can see the point. It could be substantial. It's a good question. Clear thinking.

Is there clearer evidence out there?

Comment

England ruled Hong Kong between 1950's - 1997 so it is likely that such a thing would have been possible via Hong Kong at least.
                        King without a crown

Comment

snake style

i was looking for snake style kung fu on the net, and i stumbled upon this site

http://www.shaolin.com/StyleContent.aspx?Style=Snake

their description of snake style was very similiar to Tony Anthony's it being

Viper consisted of intimidating strikes that could inflict heavy psychological damage by drawing lots of blood without causing life-threatening damage. Its trademark was the tongue strike - two fingers aiming often at arteries and veins. Cobra, in contrast, did not emphasize highly recognizable or showy techniques but rather very serious strikes to nerves and pressure points. Its characteristic hand technique was an open hand with the thumb curled underneath in order to maintain dynamic tension. Python, in addition, relied on the leopard fist for its pinpoint strikes and included grappling.(found 3rd paragraph on site ,note, the stated creation of this site was before the release of Tony Anthony's book)

compared to tony anthonys story, being

" The viper inflicts heavy psychological damage by drawing lots of blood,"Lowsi told me." it's trademark is the tongue strike." He positioned two of my fingers."Aim at arteries and veins," he said, demonstrating the stabbing technique in the air. Next he took my hand and opened it up curling my thumb underneath." This position keeps a dynamic tension characterisitc of the cobra," he said. "the cobra concentrates its stikes on nerves and pressure points." Lowsi went on to explain the way of the python, with its pin point strikes and grappling techniques(pg 38).

his explanation for snake style kung fu is almost word for word of the website,and the website being made before, i guess he copied it

Comment

Amazing what turns up

This is pretty strong stuff... clear evidence of plagiarism I think.

I emailed Michael Wright, about a week ago, on the email TA gave, explaining TA has given his email address and listing the summary of questions that aren't answered. Asking if he can help clarify anything. No reply so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr P View Post
                              England ruled Hong Kong between 1950's - 1997 so it is likely that such a thing would have been possible via Hong Kong at least.
                              No, it was from 1842 to 1997, to travel from HK, into which most folks can go on a tourist entry, into mainland china currently you have to apply for a visa, certain countries of origin are easier to a visit visa for than others, depending on how much china likes them, in those days HK would have been considered another country, in fact these days it's a different area of china and only loosely falls under mainland chinese control.

Comment

I think that it would not be too difficult to create a scenario that was possible , regardless of how unlikely it may seam.
                                For example, went to hong kong and then smuggled on a train in a trunk accross the border by a chinese relative.
                                King without a crown

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X