My experience with SCARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience with SCARS

Having taken a SCARS course, and having been asked to post my humble opinion on the matter:
    First let me say this, ANY and EVERY system is only as good as the guy doing it.
    The private security firm I work for sent me to this course ( and forked or the 5 grand for it, not me !!!)
    Instead of writing a long and tedious "report", if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask and I will endevour to answer.
    Special Combat Reaction System (SCARS)
    based on the "science" of Autokinematic response and the offensive mind set.
    Ask away :)

What is Autokinematic?

--------------------------
    Stay in your center.
    R. Masters

Comment

This has been discussed by others who have been through many times here.

Would you have spent $1000 / 20% / 1/5th of your own money for the course?

That would give a good indication on what you thought of it.
      ----------------------------------------
      After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Comment

Ah yes, The "bread and butter" of SCARS.
        Autokinematic response is the theory, or science if you prefer, of human reaction to stimulation of the autonomic nervous system.
        Fancy way of saying that, when you hit someone here they will react like this.
        EX: Hit a guy in the liver, just beneath his pec at the 6th and 7th ribs, he will buckle towards his right, bringin down his right arm, tilting his head towards the right, curving his body inward towards the right, etc.
        Buy studing these automatci responses you can see which techniques flow together the best way to damage your opponent.
        The quantity of body movement or response is, of course, directly proportionat to the amount of force applied.
        The hard that shot the more body movement and reaction you will get.

Comment

Kempocos,
          Good question, I did not spend any money, the company I work for did, to the sum of $5000.00
          Was it worth it?
          hmmmmm.....
          Good questions indeed.
          My point of view, no
          The pint of view of others that were their, including the military, yes.
          For what that is worth.

Comment

Finally!!!! We have someone on the board that knows something about SCARS!!!!

--
            Hard Work, Patience, Dedication
            You may be beaten but never broken.

Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Pizdoff,
              Anything in particular you would like to know?

Comment

Finally someone that will answer questions about it.

What is a compression technique?

What the hell is going on in my signature?

Comment

Compression, is basiclly a neck crank, for lack of a better way of putting it.
                  DO this:
                  Put your chin on your chest and have some one, lightly, press down on your head, compressing your cervical vertebra, and that is it in a nutshell ( in many variations).
                  As for the techniques shown in your sig.
                  It does not show the finish of the move, a neck twist, breack the neck, by sepearting the cervical vertebra.
                  Not something to do for dun or in a tournament.

Comment

So compression is basically a neck crank then?

That move looks like crap. I think someone would have to walk into it and lie still in order for it to be effective. What do you think? Where is the control over your opponent?

Comment

what the hell is scars? i really have no idea about what the system includes, even though i've heard of it. how do you learn to apply the techniques? why is it so expensive?

Comment

The compression thing works well, trust me on that one (ouch !!), it is very dangerous , at a certain angle the shear stress on the vertebra is very great and they seperate quite easliy.
                        As for the technique, as it is shown, it indeed sucks the big one, it was taught to us off a "guilletine choke", and as a counter to a HIGH leg take down attempt, useless against a takedown coming in low.
                        As with all techniques, it works well for what it was designed to do and if done by someone who knows how to fight.

Comment

Jenfucius,
                          SCARS was desgined for the military.
                          It is a Lethal form of Hand-to-hand combat.
                          They also teach blunt, edged weapons, and of cource, firearms.
                          When I say lethal, I mean it is designed and taught to cripple or kill the opponent.
                          It is expensive because it ti s taught by people who charge alot of money.

Comment

Did you meet Jerry Petereater? How about Blake?

Was it designed for the military or did the military just investigate the system and then later drop it?

--------------------------
                            Stay in your center.
                            R. Masters

Comment

I had the opportunity to meet both and big Tim too, they taught the bulk of the course.
                              As for the military still sending insrtuctors to SCARS, I have been told that they still do that.
                              But I can't say for sure.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X