Rank Advancement :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rank Advancement :-(

And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

"O soto gari ko soto gari seiotoshi komi ashi"
    is that the name of the throw?

What do you do to get points?

--
    Hard Work, Patience, Dedication

Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

A fairly exhuastive list, at first I was going to mock you, but haivng just scrolled through all that.... yeah, have fun.

Comment

Exhaustive, like he said. Devise a plan and rehearse it for the day.

Comment

Only suckers have green belts.

-------------
          "I've never known so many people so worried about a fight that will never happen." -The Wastrel R.I.P

Comment

"Uki goshi tsurikomi goshi o soto otoshi harai tsuri"

I got a headache just from reading all those lines.

"Miscellaneous history questions"

Like what?
            The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
            - Pizdoff

Comment

Blech, formatted it wrong. God, that is going to be hellish.
              And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

I was thinking of mocking him anyway, till the phrase "You wasted five years on TKD, bitch, who're you to talk?" floated through my head.

*sigh*

"Actually, when practiced properly, such and such art causes oceans to rise and cities to fall and the great Pharoh's army to shudder beneath your might." -- Boyd
                Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Wow thats a mighty list of techniques. Its good that your dojo gives you a broad number of techniques to work through. Very similar to my Aikido one.

You study, Ikkyo, Nikkyo and Sankyo too, interesting. From what attacks are they taught?

Comment

Yeah, good luck with that.

<hr>"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method."

Comment

Holy Shit, I too came here to mock, but...Holy SHIT!

That's like more than half of the kodokan curriculum + a bunch of other weird shit. And under Osaekomi, did you just forget about kata gatame and mune gatame or are they just left out for some bizarre reason? Your school seems a little overbalanced towards tachi waza, but all in all I am impressed. When you finally get your black belt you should be a force to...well...scare the shit out of most people.

good luck.

Comment

two more questions:
                        1) what is up with the 10-15 points since orange belt? If you have 16 points are you suddenly ineligible?

2) You said before that you train under Christophe Lenninger. Has he incororated any striking into his style? or is he still trying to make it with judo alone. What about you? I find that judo is much easier to accomplish when I get to hit people.

Comment

Doesn't judo have strikes? I thought it did, but only at high levels...

Comment

One of our instructors got his black belt through Lenninger, and he does not focus on strikes unless someone is doing a MMA fight soon. He is really focused on getting to the US Open so he is very Judocentric right now.
                            Our other instructor, who made the hellish list, also holds rank in Aikido and thinks those things are important to know.
                            The point system is something USJA put in for wins at tournaments and what not.
                            Jamoke, until you stop hiding behind your internet name, all you are is some 12 year old with keyboard.

Comment

Sheesh. No wonder Judo is the #1 Traditional Art.

Good Luck, you're gonna need it!

--------------------------
                              Stay in your center.
                              R. Masters

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X