Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevor Roberts : UK's hardest man? 2500 fights? BS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DON'T SH*T ME !
    replied
    Originally posted by hatchettothehed View Post
    and the fact he fucked my teacher made all the better.
    ?????

Leave a comment:

• Adam_F
    replied
    Oh, I see it's from 2007 - I'm surprised the original page is still there, the way it's written must be pretty embarrasing for any martial artist!

Leave a comment:

• Adam_F
    replied
    Looks like an over eager marketing bod has put that site together, don't know how much Trevor has to do with it, he doesn't seem to mention the 5 hour stuff in the other sources.

At the end of the advert there's a recomendation from Dave Turton; anyone in contact with him?

Leave a comment:

• PDA
    replied
    Has anybody contacted this guy to ask how he obtained his rank and who gave it to him?

Leave a comment:

• Deadmeat
    replied
    Interesting to see this thread again. Honestly I forgot about it.

IF he really is affiliated with Geoff Thompson, that does increase his credibility for me somewhat.

But Sochin hit the nail on the head:
    Originally posted by sochin101
    Hi Wanderer1983...

Thanks for posting. It's always good to have someone with first hand experience come on and "defend" the subject of one of the threads here.

I have no leaning either way on this, but to clarify, I think the original poster who made this thread was more interested in to origins of his web-site claims, as opposed to Mr Roberts practical skills and experience.

Did he mention any of his experience/grades/awards/titles?
    What sort of self defence training did he teach?
    How did it differ from anything else you've done?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• JingMerchant!
    replied
    Who's Trevor Roberts?
    Edit-Nevermind, damn comp is playing silly buggers again...
    Last edited by JingMerchant!; 6/16/2008 6:33pm, .

Leave a comment:

• miscend
    replied
    I'll have a look at his gym next time i'm up North.

Leave a comment:

• hatchettothehed
    replied
    ive trained with trevor roberts before and he was decent enough his moves were pretty good and the fact he fucked my teacher made all the better. However, his claims of being world champion blah blah not sure about. Pretty sure he had some connection to WJJF :englishmo!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky Fried Chokin
    replied
    Originally posted by cbsj4
    I don't think you guys mix in the same circles as Real Self-Defence guys. If you do a root around. You will see Trevor Roberts is connected to many top self-defence people.
    Geoff Thompson to name but one.
    If you don't know who he is, ask Richard Dimitri Senshido founder, I'm sure he'll vouch for Geoff Thompson, and that any man linked to Geoff Thompson is the real deal.

We're well aware of Geoff Thompson, he has made many appearances in the 'Captions of Disaster' thread thanks to gems like this:

Also, congrats on necroing this thread!

Leave a comment:

• kristof
    replied
    He looks like stoned bum.

Leave a comment:

• Shawarma
    replied
    Not the best idea references Dimitri as a credible source on this site. He's taken quite a bit of flak before, IIRC.

(Richard Dimitri is the guy with...DA SHREDDER!!)

Leave a comment:

• cbsj4
    replied
    I don't think you guys mix in the same circles as Real Self-Defence guys. If you do a root around. You will see Trevor Roberts is connected to many top self-defence people.
    Geoff Thompson to name but one.
    If you don't know who he is, ask Richard Dimitri Senshido founder, I'm sure he'll vouch for Geoff Thompson, and that any man linked to Geoff Thompson is the real deal.

Leave a comment:

• sochin101
    replied
    Hi Wanderer1983...

Thanks for posting. It's always good to have someone with first hand experience come on and "defend" the subject of one of the threads here.

I have no leaning either way on this, but to clarify, I think the original poster who made this thread was more interested in to origins of his web-site claims, as opposed to Mr Roberts practical skills and experience.

Did he mention any of his experience/grades/awards/titles?
    What sort of self defence training did he teach?
    How did it differ from anything else you've done?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• wanderer1983
    replied
    As somebody who has recently had the chance to train with trev i can say without any doubt that he is indeed a master of street practical, tried and tested martial arts. I train bjj, box and train mma but i would say that what trev teaches is the most effective style of self defence i have come across. Its a good thing that people are trying to expose fakes within martial arts but this guy is certainly not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff
    replied
    I attended a week long residential training camp run by the International Budo Federation, I think it was in 1984/5 it might have been '86. Trevor Roberts was one of the Jujitsu coaches on this camp. I was there for the Judo and Sombo training which was of a high standard for the time, Martin Clark was the head coach - a former UK judo international and world sombo medalist.

Mr Roberts taught some traditional Jjitsu and did some strong man stuff, very entertaining as I recall and he seemed like a good instructor, but I was really there for the Judo and missed most of his sessions. He has been around quite a while and mixed with some people like Martin who are definately the real deal.

Geoff

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X